+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
alinka said:
Spuh_dyna, were you or your partner out of status when you applied? I'm just trying to understand why they call people in for the interview before AIP... :-[
Even I wasn't out of status, and I don't see why they would grant my partner a visa extension, when I submitted the extension app with the sponsorship app if they had doubts on status. When I arrived at the airport to come back to Canada, they didn't report me either. Yes, I have been out for more than three years, but I have a clear intention to live here now, and I am a legal permanent resident. I don't understand what happened.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
??? ??? ???

This is crazy.. And it wouldn't be so painful if the wait time for this interview wasn't that long... I heard 15 months for the Calgary office??!!! What a joke.. :eek:

hkalltheway said:
Even I wasn't out of status, and I don't see why they would grant my partner a visa extension, when I submitted the extension app with the sponsorship app if they had doubts on status. When I arrived at the airport to come back to Canada, they didn't report me either. Yes, I have been out for more than three years, but I have a clear intention to live here now, and I am a legal permanent resident. I don't understand what happened.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hkalltheway said:
Yes, I have been out for more than three years, but I have a clear intention to live here now, and I am a legal permanent resident. I don't understand what happened.
It sounds like someone said "the sponsor might not be in compliance with the PR residency obligations at the time the application was filed". If it takes 15 months for an interview, the most they will do is refuse the application and make you start all over - because by that time you'll be back in compliance with the residency requirement so they cannot write you up for it - it's a five year look back period.

I guess the good news is you have an inland application, so your partner/spouse is safe while they process the whole thing.

BLUESLIDE

Jan 12, 2013
computergeek said:
It sounds like someone said "the sponsor might not be in compliance with the PR residency obligations at the time the application was filed". If it takes 15 months for an interview, the most they will do is refuse the application and make you start all over - because by that time you'll be back in compliance with the residency requirement so they cannot write you up for it - it's a five year look back period.

I guess the good news is you have an inland application, so your partner/spouse is safe while they process the whole thing.
Hi Computergreek !

What does it mean that your partner/spouse is safe while they process the whole thing(In land application). Could you please explain how it is safe? Does it mean spouse have legal status in canada.

Thanks

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
alinka said:
Spuh_dyna, were you or your partner out of status when you applied? I'm just trying to understand why they call people in for the interview before AIP... :-[
No I am a Permanent resident, have not left the country since I received residency in September 2010. My spouse is not out of status. His visitor extension expires in July 2013. Hopefully we will hear a response by March 2013 but if not, we are prepared to extend his visa again. I am not certain as to why it was transferred. I have no clue.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
what you think guys, it would be a problem to find a good job because of the temporary SIN? or I should just try to find whatever kind of job hm?
employers are trying to find a person who gonna work for them for a lifetime and with a temporary SIN they would not be quite sure about that...

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
bibace said:
what you think guys, it would be a problem to find a good job because of the temporary SIN? or I should just try to find whatever kind of job hm?
employers are trying to find a person who gonna work for them for a lifetime and with a temporary SIN they would not be quite sure about that...
Hey Bibace,

I've been living in Canada for 8 years, and whenever I've had a work permit, it was always with the temporary SIN. In my opinion it is hard to find a "good job" with a temporary SIN, since people do prefer to train people they know will stay with the company for a while. It might be a bit different this time, since you are applying for PR and are on the way to (hopefully) stay in the country for a much longer time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!

My inland application is also processing, but I have not applied for the work permit you can get while waiting. Is there a specific procedure, or is it just a normal work permit application where you tell them that your inland application is currently processing? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time after mailing off my application before I can apply for the temporary work permit? Thanks for any help! :)

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
RebeccaF said:
Hey Bibace,

I've been living in Canada for 8 years, and whenever I've had a work permit, it was always with the temporary SIN. In my opinion it is hard to find a "good job" with a temporary SIN, since people do prefer to train people they know will stay with the company for a while. It might be a bit different this time, since you are applying for PR and are on the way to (hopefully) stay in the country for a much longer time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!

My inland application is also processing, but I have not applied for the work permit you can get while waiting. Is there a specific procedure, or is it just a normal work permit application where you tell them that your inland application is currently processing? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time after mailing off my application before I can apply for the temporary work permit? Thanks for any help! :)
tnx RebeccaF i will have to be patient couple of months more :) until then i'll just try my luck:)

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Have a CIC process questions.

Yesterday received AOR via email. I've attempted to check on application status on CIC web site but there is no record available. How long must I wait before I can check status?

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Migrain said:
Have a CIC process questions.

Yesterday received AOR via email. I've attempted to check on application status on CIC web site but there is no record available. How long must I wait before I can check status?
For me it took about 3 days after the AOR email.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,everyone....
I just wonder if i have another documents , can i send it to CPC-Vegreville as additional documents ? I searched in here , there were 2 answers , one is yes and one is no ....
" General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information): "
I copy paste from CIC website..... What do you think , guys? Thank you very much.....

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also wondering about this..

sunsun said:
Hi,everyone....
I just wonder if i have another documents , can i send it to CPC-Vegreville as additional documents ? I searched in here , there were 2 answers , one is yes and one is no ....
" General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information): "
I copy paste from CIC website..... What do you think , guys? Thank you very much.....

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Any also how many percents of refusal spousal sponsorship inland ?

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Nigea said:
when did you receive your email. Just wondering re when I might be receiving mine. They received it De. 12
Hi Nigea,

They sent AOR to my boyfriend via email on 21Jan'13 (that they got my application on 6Dec'12) :)

Hope you will get your AOR soon.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sunsun said:
Any also how many percents of refusal spousal sponsorship inland ?
6%