Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Alurra71 said:
Hello Guys,

I tried leaving a separate post regarding this issue, and lots of ppl have looked but NOBODY can give me an answer it seems.

This is the problem.

As you all know when you file an INLAND application and do your medicals, you do NOT have to have Appendix C. You take your INLAND form 1017 to your doctor, which they attach a picture too along with some other stuff and then send them off wherever they need to go.

What am I supposed to put with my application to prove i've had my medical? I have my receipts that i've paid, are those acceptable? I tried to get that little 'green' form from the doctors office and was politely told that Ottawa has instructed the doctor to NOT give that out UNLESS the person having a medical has come to the appointment carrying the Appendix C from the OUTLAND application process. So, you can see my dilema here, as I am not filing from outland therefore I am NOT using the Appendix C and not receiving the little green 1017. They did tell me that I could go and get Appendic C, have 2 more immigration photos taken and then return and get this little green 1017, but what the heck is the point of that if I have already completed this exactly as was intended for the INLAND process??

I really wish these dang instructions were more instructive. My husband hired a consultant and even they can't answer this question. *sighs* Can ANYONE give me an answer? I know someone here has fully completed the process and knows what they sent in for this part ..... :eek:
The receipt from the doctors is fine. Thats what I sent. I don't remember if I sent the originals and just kept a copy for myself or if I sent them the copy. But I sent the receipt from the appointment and I didn't encounter any problems. Best of luck!

And thanks everyone!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
mdna said:
Congrats!!!!! Are you going to be traveling on Xmas?
I'm not sure since I would have to work around Christmas. I may try to travel for new years. But we will see, all I can think about is the landing date ;D

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
KUKULICKA said:
yes I think that there is an option but I don't know the procedure
i think that you should contact somebody in Health Centre in the province and ask for an advise,
we have a woman who is working in that kind of an institution and we were just kidding that we cannot buy :))) the baby because it's really expensive to pay all that cost for delivery, and she told as that there are some options. you may have to pay some money but for example 1000dol
so it's not 10.000 right?
Hi KUKULICKA ,
Thank you so much, do you mind providing her number please?? you can PM me as well I am desperate to have my money back as we spent close to $13000.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
walter8299 said:
My wife delivered in may 2012. We just received AIP 2 weeks ago and we just did our health card, coverage begins in Jan 2013. I am not sure if the coverage can cover anything prior to the coverage start date.

We are in the same shoes I guess. Although the bill was hefty, but I am sure you're enjoying your baby right now :)

Our gyno said we can give him the health card number once the coverage begins, he will see if OHIP can provide any coverage for our bill, if they can, then he will return some of the money we paid before. Same for the hospital, I was speaking to them about the finances and stuff. We explained everything to the hospital account receivable clerk and the nice lady told us once we get our health card, we can go back to the hospital with the receipt and have them to try to get coverage on the bill. If it works, they can refund the money to us.

Again, they said nothing is guarantee but its worth a try, since my wife was here studying as of 2009 already, so she has been a residence for 4 years. Who knows if they might actually back date because her PR application was sent prior to the delivery of our first child.
Thanks walter, I too will give it a go and take the health card to the hospital and see if I have any luck. I am certainly enjoying my baby I love him from the depth of my heart and understand that money has no worth comparing my little one in my arms but you know its not easy to make the end meets when only one partner is employed since I was not authorized to work. my husband is a citizen so I don't know if that help us to get the refund.

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
Danteryu said:
The email I got for AIP said that the AIP letter and the OWP were sent separately, so I'd say it's likely that you would just get them on different days.
Thanks, Danteryu. I didn't receive an email though. All I knew is from the cic agent. Yes, I will wait for another few day to see how it goes.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Thanks, Danteryu. I didn't receive an email though. All I knew is from the cic agent. Yes, I will wait for another few day to see how it goes.
Our AIP letter and owp came on different days. We got the owp something like 2 weeks later.

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
computergeek said:
Generally it takes a couple of months for them to match the medicals with the file.
Thank you, Computergeek!
I just have to wait, nothing else I can do. :(

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Question for people: If you get the AIP email, do you still get a physical letter by post too?
I'm not sure if the PDF in my email is just the AIP letter or not...

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Danteryu said:
Question for people: If you get the AIP email, do you still get a physical letter by post too?
Yes, the emailed PDF is your letter. I of course can only speak for myself, but I only got an email, no physical letter. Hope that helps.

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Thanks. So I could print this and use it to get OHIP?

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
wolanila said:
Our AIP letter and owp came on different days. We got the owp something like 2 weeks later.
Thanks Wolanila! Does your AIP letter say" You may now apply for open work permit ..." Or "your open work permit is issued, and we will send it to you in a seperate letter..." something like that? Mine is the former, so I am wondering if others encounter the same thing.

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
I only got AIP letter and no email, while I had received AOR email and no mail. I guess they either send email or physical letter. Your email printout should be sufficient to apply for OHIP. Goodluck!!

Danteryu said:

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
de_to_ca said:
I only got AIP letter and no email, while I had received AOR email and no mail. I guess they either send email or physical letter. Your email printout should be sufficient to apply for OHIP. Goodluck!!
Yes, same case here. Good luck!

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
I got AIP by email, its been a month now and I have not recevived any mail. The email said that my OWP was approved but did not receive it either. Is this normal for the OWP mail to take so long after AIP and OWP approval?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Thanks Wolanila! Does your AIP letter say" You may now apply for open work permit ..." Or "your open work permit is issued, and we will send it to you in a seperate letter..." something like that? Mine is the former, so I am wondering if others encounter the same thing.
it said something like we may now apply for a work permit but also said if we applied for one it will be sent separately. I can post it here when I get home from work.