+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh by the way we got the work permit today :))))). YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think u will get one soon meowmeow.

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
sarakhans said:
yeah i lived in ontario for 10 years.. its a good place as well... NB is a alot peaceful, and we're both studying at University on NB.. so we're here for a while...
Thats nice.
We are both studying too.
Have to upgrade to canadian masters.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Yeah. Thats what my husband's doing too.

Nahmed said:
Thats nice.
We are both studying too.
Have to upgrade to canadian masters.

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
Good day, everybody!

I have sent my application on 11th July 2012 and I have not yet received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). All I have is an application fee receipt. In the meantime, I want to send some documents but how do I do this if I don't have the AOR yet? Should I wait for the AOR to arrive first? Thanks in advance for any help.

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
wolanila said:
Oh by the way we got the work permit today :))))). YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think u will get one soon meowmeow.
Hic hic I wont get anything because I didnt apply it belong with my application. I thought that Im still attend school for over a year more, so my husband said I dont need it; and now I regret, I should have done it.

Wolanila, I dont know it is normal but I did not have any paper from doctor saying that Im done medical checks. I asked my doctor but he said it will send directly to goverment, and I just feel free to go home ~~~ Anw, my ecas have updated that they received it already. Im thinking wether it might have a problem with my health hehehe, that's why it takes some more time LOL

I heart that it's easy to find a job in Ska, isn't it? Because Im scared I wouldnt find a job in Van, so Im thinking to move to another small province. But my husband has a good job here, and he doesnt want to move, but I do hehehe

Congrats to your WP heh, you will definitely find a good job easily ;)

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
computergeek said:
Interesting so many talented software developers. I might have to advertise on here when I want to hire someone... LOL. Though the kind of programing I do is about as far from web programming as one can get.

Good luck with your studies!
LOL, yay you should advertise here, and plz dont foget me, Im a good candidate with a talkative skill hahaha.

Thanks you so much for ur wish, I hope you will be done your journey with landing shortly.
Best wishes for you, my future boss haha

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meowmeow said:
Hic hic I wont get anything because I didnt apply it belong with my application. I thought that Im still attend school for over a year more, so my husband said I dont need it; and now I regret, I should have done it.

Wolanila, I dont know it is normal but I did not have any paper from doctor saying that Im done medical checks. I asked my doctor but he said it will send directly to goverment, and I just feel free to go home ~~~ Anw, my ecas have updated that they received it already. Im thinking wether it might have a problem with my health hehehe, that's why it takes some more time LOL

I heart that it's easy to find a job in Ska, isn't it? Because Im scared I wouldnt find a job in Van, so Im thinking to move to another small province. But my husband has a good job here, and he doesnt want to move, but I do hehehe

Congrats to your WP heh, you will definitely find a good job easily ;)

Don't worry about your medical Meowmeow, if your ecas says its received you wont have any problems. I dont know why my doctor gave me the paper. The paper was only proof that we have had the medical but not the medical its self.

Yes there are lots of jobs here but its very cold and windy at times.

The work permit is actually my wifes..... Haha Im so crazy.... I am actually the sponsor

Canadagirl

Nov 16, 2008
Hi all, :)
I have come here often to check on a few things, and thanks to you for posting, and allowing others like myself to read and become better informed. Sadly though I did not consult until too late on one issue. (re: work permit application)

The issue as it stands now for us is that my husband is now out of status, (my fault, as I assumed our main PR application would initiate the sending out to us of the OWP application, it didn't and by the time I figured it out, he was out of status) his Temp visitor visa expired shortly after the application mailed, and I told him not to worry...lol..oh boy big mistake! and then it was just over 90 days by the time I figured out we missed the vital step and the form was not coming magically. Sadly, as nice as they were at cic they did say he was out of status and we best sit tight and wait on processing and he was semi protected since he had filed a PR inland application.

Recently we got the AIP letter and confirmation that I was approved to sponsor, it did say he could apply for OWP. I am a bit confused, as I cannot remember if his being out of status would affect him right to the end, or if he could go ahead and apply as mentioned in the AIP letter. It would be a great relief if indeed this is the only step I needed to wait on in order to do so...or does he have no chance but to sit and wait not working to the final stage?

He is a bit anxious, at this long drawn out process and being unable to work, and out of status now through a mistake or miscommunication has been a challenge to say the least. Given the AIP my question is will this be enough to move forward and apply as suggested?

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
wolanila said:
Don't worry about your medical Meowmeow, if your ecas says its received you wont have any problems. I dont know why my doctor gave me the paper. The paper was only proof that we have had the medical but not the medical its self.

Yes there are lots of jobs here but its very cold and windy at times.

The work permit is actually my wifes..... Haha Im so crazy.... I am actually the sponsor
Sorry I thoght you are applicant like me. But anw, my kissess today worth heh, at least you guys got work permit haha. I have nothing with me now, hope will hear the 2nd stage by next week ;)

Yeah its cold, but the price is lower than Van, at least we can think about buying a new house. In Vancouver, it seems not easy!!!

Good night from Vancouver, today is a raining and cold day!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah sure ur kisses are good. Hehe. Yeah the housing is cheaper here but higher than they used to be. When u arrive in sask u and ur husband should come on a double date with my wife and I. Don't worry Meowmeow I bet u will hear something soon. Nitenite sleep we'll.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canadagirl said:
Recently we got the AIP letter and confirmation that I was approved to sponsor, it did say he could apply for OWP. I am a bit confused, as I cannot remember if his being out of status would affect him right to the end, or if he could go ahead and apply as mentioned in the AIP letter. It would be a great relief if indeed this is the only step I needed to wait on in order to do so...or does he have no chance but to sit and wait not working to the final stage?
First, I'm assuming he is just out of status and that he has not been given a removal order, as that would make this much more complicated.

With AIP he can apply for an open work permit. Once granted, he will be back in status. There is nothing in the requirements (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#inside) that say he must be in status to apply. Where it asks what his current status is, you may just wish to say "applicant for inland spousal PR" or something to that effect, since he doesn't have other status.

The online application currently says it takes 54 days, so 54 days after he submits the OWP application, it should issue and he should have it shortly thereafter - so figure two months.

Yours is a good example to future applicants: when you file an inland application, make sure you include some sort of status application with the inland forms because it means you'll be covered by implied status. Inland spouses don't need to be in status, but it makes life more difficult.

Good luck!

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Computergeek
What do you mean by
make sure you include some sort of status application with the inland forms
If one is filing for extension should it be sent separately from PR application or with it?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Nigea said:
What do you mean by If one is filing for extension should it be sent separately from PR application or with it?
If you are filing for an inland PR, make sure to ALSO include some sort of status extension for the applicant - a work permit application (for the OWP) and/or a visitor status extension. The rule is that as long as you have an application pending determination, you are covered by "implied status". By including the application with your PR application you gain implied status until they decide. With Stage 1 taking 6 months, that means you've got implied status for 6 months!

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Hey, guys! Look what I got this morning on my ECAS:

Permanent Residence
We started processing your application on October 10, 2012.

On my husband's ECAS:

Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Decision Made In Process

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on ur AIP Imim. So nice to hear. Will be soon now!!!!!!!