Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
So does anyone how the process would if I wanted to get a study permit? Would it be the same as OWP? Like I would of had to send it in with my application, and if I didn't I'll have to wait till...... AIP?

And another question, this one may be a dumb one and I apologize but how does the whole PR process go...
They receive your application, start processing sponsorship, decision made is for sponsorship, and then they start processing the applicants PR, and then they get AIP?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzybee said:
So does anyone how the process would if I wanted to get a study permit? Would it be the same as OWP? Like I would of had to send it in with my application, and if I didn't I'll have to wait till...... AIP?

And another question, this one may be a dumb one and I apologize but how does the whole PR process go...
They receive your application, start processing sponsorship, decision made is for sponsorship, and then they start processing the applicants PR, and then they get AIP?

Hi buzybee. Based on what I read in other forums, an open WP is given at AIP time (if you included the open WP app when you first sent your whole PR app). While to apply for a study permit, you don't need an AIP.

Also based on what I read, after they finish with assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored, that's what they call completion of stage 1 assessment, then they give you an AIP. Then you can now apply for open WP (if you have not previously enclosed it in your PR app). Then they will start Stage 2 processing by reviewing your background, medical and criminal records. Then they give you decision made (DM).

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more thing buzybee. Got o google and type CIC IP 08 PDF, and it will take you to the IP 08 file which is the manual used by CIC in processing Inland PR apps under the Spouse/Common Law Class. This file is very informative and detailed from start to end of the process. HTH !

johanna

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

Actually you do need AIP to be able to apply for study permit unless your implied status is on study permit, also DM is for AIP which is first stage approval after that comes to sending letter and advice you for landing which is in second stage.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
hamedsilent said:
Dear

Actually you do need AIP to be able to apply for study permit unless your implied status is on study permit, also DM is for AIP which is first stage approval after that comes to sending letter and advice you for landing which is in second stage.
Thanks everyone for your reply!

So hamedsilent,

I would be able to apply for a student permit now and possibly receive it before AIP? I know I should call CIC but i really do not feel like being on hold for several minutes ;D

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
by the way,

Has anyone heard of FOSS notes or something similar? From what i understand its a print out of, whenever someone enters remarks in the files about the pr application, these are printed out as they appear. I've heard cases that a remark would be made stating that medical records were never received so the person called to confirm so that their process wasn't delayed...

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
buzybee said:
by the way,

Has anyone heard of FOSS notes or something similar? From what i understand its a print out of, whenever someone enters remarks in the files about the pr application, these are printed out as they appear. I've heard cases that a remark would be made stating that medical records were never received so the person called to confirm so that their process wasn't delayed...
You gotta chill a bit! hehe It takes a long time to process, you probably don't have any FOSS notes yet! Normally people ask for the FOSS notes if you get called for an interview and you want to know what they are in doubt about, or when the process is denied... If everything runs normally you don't really need it.

As for your student visa you can apply at any time because you are going to be international student anyways. You send your papers as you would normally with the letter of acceptance of the school you are going to attend. You are going to be paying the big bucks for your education and they always welcome your money! hehe

INLAND process takes a lot of patience, don't worry, you will get your turn! I do understand your pain, my first month waiting was driving me up the wall, I was angry with the system... after a while you start to get used to it and it all gets a bit easier! I have a good friend that she is in the same situation and we talk a lot on msn, support each other. It really helps, we are all Brazilians so if you want to get into the circle just send via private message your email and we can all get together for a chat!

It's a very stressful situation, it's not easy, but many people like us went through the same thing and we will too!! Keep strong sister and don't despair!!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Hi, I am just curious how you know your application has started processing? did you called CIC to ask?

I submitted mine in march and since its express with signature required, I know it has been received.

But its already coming up June, haven't hear anything from them at all.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
Walter,

the sponsor will be contacted via letter or email but it normally takes a few months until you receive anything and specially now CIC is extra slow, expect delays!!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with above. When I look at other peoples processing times they normally get their email after 2 months of sending the application if not withing a month but ours took almost 4 months! So I guess CIC is already in holiday mood! ::)

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
tozo said:
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART
(Currently taking 11 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Jbel Jan 5
Caregirl747 Jan 16
CanED Jan 16 April 23
Yankanuck Jan 17
buzybee Jan 19 April 25
Johanna125 Jan 25 May 22
wolanila Feb 2
Peral75 Feb 6 may 17
CheshireCats Feb 7 may 20
mdna march 10

i have no idea man. my application status is still the same. what happened? have they forgotten me?? boohooo..

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
should i call and ask why? because its way off too long. the others already in progress!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbel said:
should i call and ask why? because its way off too long. the others already in progress!
Jbel,dont worry you will be fine......some dont hear any thing from cic till AIP or both stages and each case is treated differently...i guess you will hear from them very soon....whats does your ecas says .good luck

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
It says, "We have received your application on 5th Jan. " :(

That is all. i see that everyday.