Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi All,

My wife (sponsor) and I started the process in January. So glad to have found this forum - already found very useful info! Our application was received by Vegreville in mid-January. We got an email last week saying it was received and to check our status online but, when we logged on with the UCI there was nothing on the page - until this week!!! It now says that our application is "in process". I was pleasantly surprised to have seen any movement with this!

We were anticipating a wiat with this but happy to see that things are moving along.

One thing - I didn't send in a medical with the intial application - guessing this should be done soon!

Thnx.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
CanED said:
Hi All,

My wife (sponsor) and I started the process in January. So glad to have found this forum - already found very useful info! Our application was received by Vegreville in mid-January. We got an email last week saying it was received and to check our status online but, when we logged on with the UCI there was nothing on the page - until this week!!! It now says that our application is "in process". I was pleasantly surprised to have seen any movement with this!

We were anticipating a wiat with this but happy to see that things are moving along.

One thing - I didn't send in a medical with the intial application - guessing this should be done soon!

Thnx.
Hi, CanED

If you dont mind me asking, when did you receive the email? I'm just asking because my sponsor received an email on wednesday and i tried to sign in today to see the status and i wasn't able to.

Thanks.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanED said:
Hi All,

Thnx.

Hi. We have the same timeline. Mine was received by CIC on Jan. 25, 2012. Until now, my sponsor has not received any email notification from CIC yet. Just want to ask if what exact date did your sponsor receive his email notice? Coz Im starting to worry about ours. Thanks and goodluck.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Hi Johanna125 & Buzybee,

We received the email last Monday - I was worried also when I logged on to a page to see nothing. I just think that the website has a few days lag. My wife called CIC Friday also to change our address. Our old address is still listed on our profile (don't worry, this only populated today as well), our application was received by the office on Jan 17th I think.

All the best with it.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi. We have the same timeline. Mine was received by CIC on Jan. 25, 2012. Until now, my sponsor has not received any email notification from CIC yet. Just want to ask if what exact date did your sponsor receive his email notice? Coz Im starting to worry about ours. Thanks and goodluck.
Mine was received on January 19, 2012. So you might be receiving an email soonish... Goodluck!!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Just bumping us up. So how's everyone doing?? how's the waiting game treating everyone?

buzybee

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks CanEd and Buzybee. Let's update each other since we are basically of the same dates:

Johanna125 - Jan 25, 2012
Can Ed - 17th
Busybee - 19th

By the way, I called up the CIC call center last week. I tried to ask them if why is it that my sponsor has not yet received an email notice from CIC. Then the call center agent answered me "We are only processing applications received on April 30, 2011. You won't hear from CIC until after 11 months". That's their standard reply so I don't anymore call them.

Anyway, stay hopeful, think positive and be patient. Good luck everyone :)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
I read on other threads that the CIC website was actually ahead of that date (April 2011) in terms of looking at applications but that the website had not been updated. Don't want to be giving false hope but just what I read. Anyhow - good that the wheels are in motion! Just want the waiting (and travel restrictions) to be over!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting, the inland 2012 is now becoming lively......welcome all to the thread for an update to the time line please can you all give your time line so i can update the chart.....good luck to all and the waiting business has just began. ;D

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
that is good news for you all. at least there is some progres..

i got the email like 2-3 weeks ago and today i checked my process is still received. i sent in late December and they got it on 5th January.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Hi All,

Office Vegreville;
My timeline:

Received: January 16th 2012
In process: April 23rd 2012
Now waiting.

Best of luck to everyone!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Good afternoon everyone,

Office: Vegreville
Received: January 19, 2012
In process: April 25, 2012

I really wish they would update the processing date (April 30, 2011) it would make it a little easier lol. At least I like to hope :)

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Do you guys know if application processing times will decrease when they reach applicants using the new online form? Those forms started in July 2011 right??

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I didn't know you can apply online but I think the new application forms (barcoded ones) started couple of months ago. We wanted to apply in October but we couldn't and when we went to see our lawyer with the other documents he said that we need to fill new forms.

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Yea sorry, I mean the new barcoded forms that were implemented last July. Do you think the barcode will speed up the processing times?? I think tozo mentioned something about it earlier in this thread. Has anyone heard anything else about this?