App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
Karito said:
Hello everyone

Can somebody help me to figure this thing out, technology just hit me, how can i update my profile with this

Office:Vegreville,AB
App Received:March 16th 2012
started processing:?
AIP :?
Decision:?
PR card Arrival:?

thanks
Hi,

You can update those information from your profile when you reach at least 10 posts.

:)

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Thanks erFiodena

no wonder why i couldn't get it, I went over and over trying to find out how to do it.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
....and since i need to post more often :p

May i ask what ppl who is waiting for at least the OP is doing? I'm about to go crazy without working, well my only hobby is the gym. I try to "kill time" going ahead and browsing for information what to do next, when i hopefully get the PR, I mean career talking. Perhaps I'm going to far with this question since we just applied lol, but it doesnt hurt to do some research right!

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
Karito said:
....and since i need to post more often :p

May i ask what ppl who is waiting for at least the OP is doing? I'm about to go crazy without working, well my only hobby is the gym. I try to "kill time" going ahead and browsing for information what to do next, when i hopefully get the PR, I mean career talking. Perhaps I'm going to far with this question since we just applied lol, but it doesnt hurt to do some research right!
I am about to go crazy too. I can't even volunteer. I found a hobby and I am trying to get out of the house as much as I can.

I am curious about my skills/diploma/degree, I hear they have to be assessed/certified to be able to access some jobs. This has never happened to me while working abroad (New Zealand and Australia), I just needed a translation of my degree.
I guess the fastest route to find out is to go to an employment agency and ask them.

Good Luck with your application!

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
wait! what? not even volunteer how come?? can you please explain me why? is this just your case or everybody that is waiting for the PR?

Good luck to you too :D when did you send your app?

dentpratik

Mar 23, 2012
Hi guys count me in for inland spouse application for 2012....and my guarantee that we will have long waiting time. My application received by them on 6th feb, 2012, but I cant see any update on ecas. Then I called them today and they told me that my application is in mailroom and they havent touched ( :-\) it yet. All the applications received by them after 28th december are in mailroon till today. And their speed is like opening 20 days file at time span of 50 days.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi All,
It's good to see this thread; my husband who is a Canadian citizen has filed for my immigration on Nov 25th 2011, I have couple of questions, thanks in advance for your replies.
How long does it take on an average to get AIP?
Is it true that AIP processing time was used to be 4-5 months till 2009 and has now been stretched to a year ?
Just curious to know if it's possible to have both stages been approved simultaneously. If “yes” then in which scenarios does the CIC grants approval together for both the stages?
I have just given birth to our baby last month, does this going to add any leverage to prove authenticity in our relationship?

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
Karito said:
wait! what? not even volunteer how come?? can you please explain me why? is this just your case or everybody that is waiting for the PR?

Good luck to you too :D when did you send your app?

Hi Karito, quoting myself a few messages ago:

I remember another thing the consultant said:

he made a point about not working while waiting for the 1st stage (I applied for an OWP of course) but ALSO not volunteering because it's considered a "grey" area, because a person could gain indirect benefit (letter for future employment/experience in his professional field/promise of future employment). He said it's safe only in organizations like the Red Cross etc.
So basically it's safe to volunteer only in non-profit organizations not related to your occupation.

My app was sent just a week ago, so I guess I will have to wait a long time before they will get back to me & wife.

@ nonoo

On the immigration website it says that it's going to be 11 months for the first stage of approval, the second stage can vary,some say it can be as little as 2 months up to 8/9 months.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
erFiodena said:
Hi Karito, quoting myself a few messages ago:

So basically it's safe to volunteer only in non-profit organizations not related to your occupation.

My app was sent just a week ago, so I guess I will have to wait a long time before they will get back to me & wife.

@ nonoo

On the immigration website it says that it's going to be 11 months for the first stage of approval, the second stage can vary,some say it can be as little as 2 months up to 8/9 months.

Thanks a lot for your info, I have no idea it will be better not to volunteer that way, I was thinking of doing some volunteer while I'm waiting, but I guess I will look something no related to my occupation.

Have a great day

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Mailed off my complete app on apr 10th, 2012. The long wait begins.

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
I am already went bonkers. Can't work, cannot volunteer.

SO, i went to the library and pick out books on topics that i don't know or always want to know about.

well you can play games, watch sunrise, sunset, watch the big fat canary birds hopping around, go for a run, explore the area around your place, experiment cooking other types of dishes, bake something, paint/draw something if you into arts, write something, a blog to vent your frustration, anxiety or maybe a good guide for people like us, or watch youtube( they have some interesting how-to-do videos), facebooking (get in touch with your friends), talk to neighbours, have a garden, rent a bicycle/skates, learn a new skill eg how to fix leaking tap, learn to sew, go to the gym, upload your videos of your cute pets/children dancing or singing famous songs into youtube and who knows it might get viral and you will become famous, etc

see how bonkers i can get? ;D

Because it's a long wait. Do some things that keep your mind off this thing.

btw i log into my ecas, it just said "application received".

what is the next stage? ::)

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
CIC sent me a letter to fill up the form client information update.

Can i send this single piece of paper back to them as a registered mail so i can track it?

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
jbel said:
CIC sent me a letter to fill up the form client information update.

Can i send this single piece of paper back to them as a registered mail so i can track it?
Yes, you can. Send registered every time you send something to CIC.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Application received Friday the 13th. Let's hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed. God please speed up the process

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarakhans said:
Application received Friday the 13th. Let's hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed. God please speed up the process
sarakhans.....great and welcome to the thread...good luck