AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to krissikris on the daughters landing and becoming part of the extended family.

Congrats to jolly1 on your OWP. I use the date people get their OWP in the mail.

Congrats to mimi263 on your AIP.

Congrats to canadianthrower on getting the driver licence.

Screech339

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Congrats to everyone who has had great news recently.

This forum has been so therapeutic and informative.
There were times when my consultant didn't have explanations for why we were waiting so long, or how certain things work; but because those of us on the forum are so invested in this process we do the research on our own and find the answers. Although it drives us crazy when things don't seem to be working out, atleast we have some kind of idea of whats going!!

Now that I sound like a big sap, does anyone know approximately how long it takes from DM to landing interview for Etobicoke office?

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nessasary said:

There were times when my consultant didn't have explanations for why we were waiting so long, or how certain things work; but because those of us on the forum are so invested in this process we do the research on our own and find the answers. Although it drives us crazy when things don't seem to be working out, atleast we have some kind of idea of whats going!!

Now that I sound like a big sap, does anyone know approximately how long it takes from DM to landing interview for Etobicoke office?

Thanks
According to timesheet, approx 25 days after DM when you land at Etobicoke.

Did you apply for OWP? If you did, did you submit it with application. When did you get OWP in the mail if you did apply for OWP?

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mimi263 said:
Thank you everyone !

Nairaboy: Thank you, his timing is certainly perfect! Thanks for the support . To clarify ur response on the police certificate, he'll have to get fingerprints done here in Canada and mailed to Nigeria for the police certificate? Lol, yes we'll definitely have it done by a trusted friend.

He could have it sent from Nigeria, but it's a lot easy and faster if he go to RCMP and have it done there and them send it to some to take it to the police station back in Nigeria. Just make sure it's done at the Alagbon station. Best of luck

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ok, well, I just checked ecas again this morning, for the 9 billionth time, only this time it says Decision Made on sponosors side (hubby). It was apparently made on the 28th which was monday, as I suspected it might be, but since I have a useless representative ...

I call them this morning, they are like, oh yeah, was just about to call you, did they send you the same email? I said, NOOOOOOO, they send it all to you guys and we need YOU to forward that information to us in a timely manner, could you do that please. She says, oh sure, i'll send that right to you ...

So, here I am an hour later and I STILL don't know what the decision is on hubby's sponsorship...

I think I am going to explode any given second here!!

*bangs head on desk repeatedly*

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Thanks for the response @screech. We didn't apply to for a work permit because my consultant was convinced that we would not be able to apply until we were given the firs stage approval (AIP) and I just left it alone with the hopes we would get through in a timely manner.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Nessasary said:
Thanks for the response @ screech. We didn't apply to for a work permit because my consultant was convinced that we would not be able to apply until we were given the firs stage approval (AIP) and I just left it alone with the hopes we would get through in a timely manner.
That sucks. Sounds like a CRAP consultant.

Nessasary said:

I completely agree with you. It's really been great researching and exploring solutions with this community. And I am very glad I didn't go with a lawyer (my in-laws were pushing for us to use one). Good thing I am stubborn! Hahah

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Well, finally.

Husband has been approved. He, or rather, the consultant got his approval email. There has been nothing sent to me as of yet. I don't know if they will send it paper or email or what. Ecas almost appears to be not having them as my representative as my home/mailing address is the same. Hubby's had consultants as mailing and standard address as home.

Anyway, at least it is forward movement. Essentially got AIP without getting anything for myself stating that. Seems about right for CIC.

And Screech, that was issues Oct 28, so you can update. I just now got the information though. :D Also, I noticed that you have put me down as applying for OWP at the same time, which I did not. Hubby thinks we will just sit and wait for a week or so before we make a decision about whether to apply for one since the rest of things have been happening so fast.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Alurra71 said:
Well, finally.

Husband has been approved. He, or rather, the consultant got his approval email. There has been nothing sent to me as of yet. I don't know if they will send it paper or email or what. Ecas almost appears to be not having them as my representative as my home/mailing address is the same. Hubby's had consultants as mailing and standard address as home.

Anyway, at least it is forward movement. Essentially got AIP without getting anything for myself stating that. Seems about right for CIC.

And Screech, that was issues Oct 28, so you can update. I just now got the information though. :D Also, I noticed that you have put me down as applying for OWP at the same time, which I did not. Hubby thinks we will just sit and wait for a week or so before we make a decision about whether to apply for one since the rest of things have been happening so fast.
Congrats to Alurra on AIP. About e-cas. My information hadn't been updated until last night. But when I checked it this morning again, it was changed from 'In Process/ Application Received' to 'Decision Made/ Decision Made'. So, I guess at least your's was also changed like this: We started processing YOUR NAME's application on October 28, 2013. I hope you will get DM soon.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
screech339 said:
Congrats to jolly1 on your OWP. I use the date people get their OWP in the mail

Screech339
@screech, thank you!! I feel almost Canadian now, lol
I can pay taxes ( hubby always jk that I don't hv say in Canada affairs cause I don't pay taxes)
First order of business is an application for employment
to CIC (jk)

Congrats every one getting good news!!
They're rolling in and the forum has been so light and filled with excitement!!
Every time I check Ecas now my heart skips a beat!!
CIC received all requested documents and a DM would give me the best birthday gift
ever!! The work permit is any early gift!! :) happy rants....

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Alurra71 said:
Well, finally.

Congrats I can only imagine the excitement!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Thank you, Jolly and Tomorisu. I am very excited to at least have that part completed.

Now, though, I trust this consultant even less! LOL They got this email sent, according to document header, from CIC on Monday, Oct 28 at 2:52 PM. How come they are just NOW sending/telling me this information? That is 3 days later. Gah, I don't trust them. I, as the applicant, did not receive any information, that I know of. Then again, I don't trust them and for all I know I did receive it, just not from the consultant. LOL

All this thinking is making my head hurt LOL Maybe I'll just call CIC and get my own answers :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
Thank you, Jolly and Tomorisu. I am very excited to at least have that part completed.

Now, though, I trust this consultant even less! LOL They got this email sent, according to document header, from CIC on Monday, Oct 28 at 2:52 PM. How come they are just NOW sending/telling me this information? That is 3 days later. Gah, I don't trust them. I, as the applicant, did not receive any information, that I know of. Then again, I don't trust them and for all I know I did receive it, just not from the consultant. LOL

All this thinking is making my head hurt LOL Maybe I'll just call CIC and get my own answers :D
Congrats Alurra71 on getting an unofficial AIP. I say unofficial because you didn't get the email addressed to you. So I updated sheets as unconfirmed date.

I wonder how Victorswife is coming along with her unconfirmed AIP. Wondered if she finally gotten an AIP email herself.

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
CONGRATS Alurra!!!!

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
So I tried accessing my hubby's side of ecas and now it doesn't allow me to login. Is this because of DM? Has anybody else had issues? My side of ecas is still up and says In Process still. Not sure what is going on. Currently on the phone with CIC trying to see if my medical was extended.