+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Singhh

Sep 25, 2012
sweetsher said:
Went to my interview today!!!am officially a pr of canada!finally! we were askef 3 questions and then we were done!d landin interview is d easiest part. Thank god for this forum n all d wonderful forum members
Hey, what were the three questions?

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
nrajani_99 said:
Hey Ronny,

Did you have letters from friends and family?

Take those to interview
But what do we need letters for? We're married...we didn't apply under common law.
Our son was born before we applied. We also sent every bit of proof we had; the wedding photos,
our sons photos from when he was born, and a copy of his birth certificate. I just don't understand
why the file got transferred. Could my wife not working have something to do with it?
Or maybe my wife's family made a complaint or something? Because they have their unnecessary
differences with me. After sending everything from phone logs to our sons birth certificate, what
other "genuineness" do the want to see? As far as letters from family and friends are concerned
I can take 2 tonnes of letters with me to the interview lol But seriously speaking...what has to be
written in the letters from friends and family?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ronny07 said:
But what do we need letters for? We're married...we didn't apply under common law.
Our son was born before we applied. We also sent every bit of proof we had; the wedding photos,
our sons photos from when he was born, and a copy of his birth certificate. I just don't understand
why the file got transferred. Could my wife not working have something to do with it?
Or maybe my wife's family made a complaint or something? Because they have their unnecessary
differences with me. After sending everything from phone logs to our sons birth certificate, what
other "genuineness" do the want to see? As far as letters from family and friends are concerned
I can take 2 tonnes of letters with me to the interview lol But seriously speaking...what has to be
written in the letters from friends and family?
You're assuming that they looked at your evidence (and that assumes they didn't lose it). You are also assuming that the interview is about the genuineness of the relationship. It is possible there are other things.

Your wife not working will not have anything to do with it. It's possible, but unlikely, that there was a poison pen letter. Did you have genetic testing done to prove you are the child's father? I'm stretching here, but if they indicate they have concerns about your relationship (or your GCMS notes indicate this is the issue) then you should get the letters from others supporting your relationship.

A letter from a third party should state who they are, what their relationship is to you, and why they have concluded that your relationship is a genuine one. Neutral third parties are good here. When we submitted our evidence I included a letter from our doctor (who knew us both) and from the owner of our gym (where we work out together).

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
computergeek said:
You're assuming that they looked at your evidence (and that assumes they didn't lose it). You are also assuming that the interview is about the genuineness of the relationship. It is possible there are other things.

Your wife not working will not have anything to do with it. It's possible, but unlikely, that there was a poison pen letter. Did you have genetic testing done to prove you are the child's father? I'm stretching here, but if they indicate they have concerns about your relationship (or your GCMS notes indicate this is the issue) then you should get the letters from others supporting your relationship.

A letter from a third party should state who they are, what their relationship is to you, and why they have concluded that your relationship is a genuine one. Neutral third parties are good here. When we submitted our evidence I included a letter from our doctor (who knew us both) and from the owner of our gym (where we work out together).

That helps a lot. Thanks :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Ronny07 said:
That helps a lot. Thanks :)
Ronnie when we applied we submitted 13 letters from friends and family coworker. My director who met my husband and a business dinner... I also included that my husband is the benificary of my life insurance. These are just some suggestions to take to the interview... I see u r from India my husband is alson from India .

GAM

Jun 1, 2013
Psalm91 said:
Been away for some time now and haven't posted here . October 22 will be 8 months for my second stage, got my first stage done February 22 , hopefully I hear something this week or next week . Fingers crossed .i see lots of DM and AIP . Congrats to you all.
psalm 91, maybe you should contact cic regarding your file as that is a long time

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
nrajani_99 said:
Ronnie when we applied we submitted 13 letters from friends and family coworker. My director who met my husband and a business dinner... I also included that my husband is the benificary of my life insurance. These are just some suggestions to take to the interview... I see u r from India my husband is alson from India .
And yeah...I'm from northern India

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
GAM said:
psalm 91, maybe you should contact cic regarding your file as that is a long time
I did call them and they said am still within the time frame, and if I don't hear anything by the 22nd of this month . I should contact them again. I got my AIP FEB 22 2013. So am hoping I hear some good news this coming week .

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Hey guys I have a question,me and wife are thinking of relocating to Alberta Red Deer and I was thinking how do I go abt my application! So my question is, do we request to have the file transfer to Alberta when we get a new address and will it affect the time of the application or what? What steps do we take in updating cic. I wan to be sure before we take any steps tht will affect the time line we have! Any info will be welcome. Thanks guys!

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
QuebecOkie said:
It has been VERY helpful to have a place where others understand the stress, worry, boredom, and uncertainty! My husband is my best friend, but I don't think he REALLY understood completely everything I was feeling. He was in Southern Ontario for around 5 months last year, and I would drive down to visit him once a month or so. One night everyone wanted to drive across the border to some restaurant in the U.S. *I*, the AMERICAN, was the only one who couldn't go! And it really upset me. I don't think he understood just why.
I totally understand.
I told my wife that even Americans are stuck in slow PR processing.
She was shocked.
Sometimes my wife thinks I'm a Canadian with full rights and freedom
saying "You can do everything in Canada. Don't be a baby.."
But reality is..I can't even open a bank account here under my name.
My wife's comment is "Nothing we can do about it" when I'm frustrated.
I don't know why there's nothing we can do about it
even though Canada is Canadians'.

But one good thing is my situation makes me appreciate everything.

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
lsj2767 said:
I totally understand.
I told my wife that even Americans are stuck in slow PR processing.
She was shocked.
Sometimes my wife thinks I'm a Canadian with full rights and freedom
saying "You can do everything in Canada. Don't be a baby.."
My wife's comment is "Nothing we can do about it" when I'm frustrated.
I don't know why there's nothing we can do about it
even though Canada is Canadians'.

But one good thing is my situation makes me appreciate everything.
The only way for banks or any other place here in Canada to know you are not canadian is if you provide your temporary SIn which starts with a 9. But providing your sin is optional and you're not obligated to provide.. What makes a different if you are living and have been living in canada or not regardless temp or perm resident

GAM

Jun 1, 2013
Psalm91 said:
I did call them and they said am still within the time frame, and if I don't hear anything by the 22nd of this month . I should contact them again. I got my AIP FEB 22 2013. So am hoping I hear some good news this coming week .
@PSALMS 91,

Ok then, tht sounds good.

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
lsj2767 said:

Why? I have joint and personal bank accounts with rbc. But your spouse is supposed to come together to the appointment with bank people

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Hey guys I have a question,me and wife are thinking of relocating to Alberta Red Deer and I was thinking how do I go abt my application! So my question is, do we request to have the file transfer to Alberta when we get a new address and will it affect the time of the application or what? What steps do we take in updating cic. I wan to be sure before we take any steps tht will affect the time line we have! Any info will be welcome. Thanks guys!

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
nairaboy said:

All you need do is update your address with them that's all, it shouldn't affect your application, you can update it online or call them and update over the phone .