IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
I have a question!

- We only paid half of the immigration fee and decided to wait and pay the other half later - when would it be ideal to pay it, or shall we just wait until they contact us about it?
They will contact you :) I'm like you, only paid half!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
They will contact you :) I'm like you, only paid half!
Awesome thank you. It's so expensive haha :)

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Line.a said:
Awesome thank you. It's so expensive haha :)
I paid everything.
I hope AIP & DM at the same time :D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
lsj2767 said:
I paid everything.
I hope AIP & DM at the same time :D
If only we could have afforded it, we'd done the same thing. But I'm ok waiting for DM. Me working is huge because right now living normal has been really tough only right now thing have come back to normal with eating healthy dinners because they cost more. Still no tv though lol. Cannot wait to work!!

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I just wanted to update people on my landing.
It happened last Friday, the 20th. We had quite a wait (about 3 hours in total until we got out of the place!) because it was busy in the London, Ontario office.

The actual process was really easy and fast - just the standard questions about if I have any criminal offences, if I've been denied entry, etc. We were asked for proof of income, which seems like it's not very common for the landing appointment. It was no problem anyway - the whole thing was about 2-3 minutes. When the lady at the counter said "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada", I literally said "Oh, thank god" with a sigh!

Also, great idea: at the CIC London office they had a side office with a Service Canada employee on-hand to immediately get my SIN changed to the permanent one.
I want to thank all the people here who gave advice and helped me to feel less worried about my application. :)
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
screech339 said:
When your visitor visa expires, you will then be on "visitor implied status". If you were lucky to get a job offer through LMO then you would have to change your status to a work visa and spend the required money. You don't have to extend your visitor stay but that part is up to you. I think it is a waste of money to extend visitor visa since you are on it anyway. It only give you a piece of mind like with me. I extended my wife's visa for the sake of piece of mind knowing she has legal status during the process.

Knowing how hard it is to get an job through LMO, you might as well apply for OWP.

That's my thought.

Screech339
Thank you screech. Yeah, ive also submitted owp with pr app at the same time. Its just sometimes, when im feeling helpless, i think of looking for jobs that has ready lmo's but then i know its difficult. However, i just thought i just wanted to be ready just in case i find one (wishful thinking). So ok, then even if im on "implied visitor status", later on after my visa expires, i can always convert to work permit. Thank you for this imfo. Was just weighing the options too as alberta 's healthcare terminates with my visa expiry. Afterwhich, they give you 90 day extension.

giraffe89

Jan 12, 2013
Just got an email from cic saying that a decision has been made and kitchener office will notify me about a landing date!!!!
Soooooo excited and happy!!!! Does anyone know how long the waiting time for kitchener is???

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
giraffe89 said:
Just got an email from cic saying that a decision has been made and kitchener office will notify me about a landing date!!!!
Soooooo excited and happy!!!! Does anyone know how long the waiting time for kitchener is???
Congrats!....when did you apply?

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Mrembo said:
Congrats!....when did you apply?
You applied on the same day with me.
You were requested document in Jan.
Can I ask what it was?
I'm so nervous about additional documents
which cause delay.

Thanks

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
So I still never saw the website actually update today. Hoping with all these recent AIPs and DMs that when they do update it'll be mid-November. Eagerly waiting for my AIP and OWP!

Weelove

Aug 14, 2013
hi Guys l have a question,where are are the medical results for non-accompanying dependants send to? l have applied for inland.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
THE WAIT COULD BE OVER!

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=168

26 September 2013 - Canada’s Foreign Service Officers Reach Tentative Agreement with Federal Government

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement has been reached with the Treasury Board of Canada to end our six-month labour dispute.

“PAFSO is satisfied with this deal,” said PAFSO President Tim Edwards.“This agreement was reached through compromises on both sides,” continued Edwards. “We salute the spirit of constructive engagement which our employer brought to our latest discussions. This deal is a victory for free and fair bargaining in the federal public service.”

With the signing of this tentative agreement PAFSO has ordered an immediate suspension of all strike measures and work to rule. The agreement requires ratification by the PAFSO membership and approval by the full Treasury Board. PAFSO’s Executive Committee and Treasury Board president Tony Clement have agreed to recommend acceptance of the offer.

“We are pleased that the Government has recognized the tremendous value and dedication which Foreign Service Officers provide to Canadians and their elected representatives,” said Edwards. “It has been a hard-fought battle and I would like to salute the unity, resolve, and stamina of our members in securing a fair and equitable deal. We’re excited to get back to doing the work we love, promoting and protecting Canada’s values and interests abroad.”

The 1,350 Foreign Service Officers have been without a contract since July 1, 2011 and in a legal strike position since April 2, 2013. This agreement concludes the longest federal public service strike since the introduction of collective bargaining in 1967.

tl;dr: There is a tentative agreement reached between the government and PAFSO. All workers will return to work upon signing of the agreement. Strike = OVER (upon signing).

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Congrats to all the AIP and DM. Good to see some progress. Am not just sure what to think or do right now regarding mine. My application was received October 24 and apart from the AOR, we haven't heard anything about AIP. Now I see some November applicants with AIP. The only change I noticed recently online was that my medical had been received. Any one from October aswell who has same issues?
I have tried calling CIC with no luck.

Ziggy, any new on your end?

Comflakes

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
giraffe89 said:
Congrats on your DM. Did you move to GTA after applying for inland or did you have a lawyer in kitchener area? You are living in GTA but you're landing in Kitchener?

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
PR card timeline has dropped down to 70 days from 73 days this week.

Screech339