+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

somewhatstressed

Oct 24, 2012
I just got an "update" I use this term loosely!

Background check has been initiated and is in a cue to be reviewed by CIC vegreville.

Sigh, it's the same every month since June.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
October 12th is slowly becoming October 8th. I've already delayed my work contract 3 months. Not sure how much longer my contact will wait for me to get my work permit before looking elsewhere. At this point, I am just hoping to get it before my year mark hits so I can drive during the winter instead of trying to walk 2 miles in sub-zero temps.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
canadianthrower said:
October 12th is slowly becoming October 8th. I've already delayed my work contract 3 months. Not sure how much longer my contact will wait for me to get my work permit before looking elsewhere. At this point, I am just hoping to get it before my year mark hits so I can drive during the winter instead of trying to walk 2 miles in sub-zero temps.
@canadianthrower where are you living if
you don't mind me asking? Cause I live In
Ottawa but I got my G1&2 in Toronto so
I'm still able to drive in Ottawa. I have passed the 10 month
mark on 25th and still nothing.
I've only recently send my work permit application
in cause I didn't realize I could hv done it with
application . I've lost hope and don't even bother checking
the processing times or calling CIC any more.
My husband resort to checking Ecas.
I figure ill be due to retire before I get my AIP
or work permit.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
At this point, I am just hoping to get it before my year mark hits so I can drive during the winter instead of trying to walk 2 miles in sub-zero temps.
Are you saying that you waiting for AIP before you start driving? If you are in ontario, you can exchange your OK drivers licence for ontario drivers. Not sure what the rules are for alberta where you are now. But I'm pretty sure you can exchange it for Alberta driver licence. It has no bearing on your immigration status, at least in Ontario. My wife was able to exchange her NJ driver licence no problem. No consideration of her status in Canada. Just showed her drivers abstract, her letter of first NJ licence issuance and her expired NJ licence. Just did her eye tests and it was done. Nothing to it.

Screech339

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
gimmeThatPR said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY............

GOT MY AIP........ WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO........

THANKS EVRYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT .

LOVE YOU ALL..... :) :) :)
Congrats!!! Could you please share your timeline? Thank you^^

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Jolly1 said:
@ canadianthrower where are you living if
you don't mind me asking? Cause I live In
Ottawa but I got my G1&2 in Toronto so
I'm still able to drive in Ottawa. I have passed the 10 month
mark on 25th and still nothing.
I've only recently send my work permit application
in cause I didn't realize I could hv done it with
application . I've lost hope and don't even bother checking
the processing times or calling CIC any more.
My husband resort to checking Ecas.
I figure ill be due to retire before I get my AIP
or work permit.
I live in Alberta. I still have a valid driver's license from the states, but haven't been able to find one single insurance company who will insure me since I am International and in the process of permanent residency. As soon as I get AIP, I can get trade in for an Alberta license, but haven't found any other way thus far.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
I live in Alberta. I still have a valid driver's license from the states, but haven't been able to find one single insurance company who will insure me since I am International and in the process of permanent residency. As soon as I get AIP, I can get trade in for an Alberta license, but haven't found any other way thus far.
Insurance companies won't insure anyone with an foreign driver licence until they have a canadian driver licence. So with that in mind, can you get an alberta drivers licence while you are waiting? Mý wife managed to get her licence with any consideration to her immigration status in canada. She was considered a visitor at this time and she got her licence. Can't you get yours with AIP?

Well techincally as long as you are over 30 years old and the car is insured, you can legally drive the car as long as you hold a valid US drivers licence.

Screech339

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
screech339 said:
Are you saying that you waiting for AIP before you start driving? If you are in ontario, you can exchange your OK drivers licence for ontario drivers. Not sure what the rules are for alberta where you are now. But I'm pretty sure you can exchange it for Alberta driver licence. It has no bearing on your immigration status, at least in Ontario. My wife was able to exchange her NJ driver licence no problem. No consideration of her status in Canada. Just showed her drivers abstract, her letter of first NJ licence issuance and her expired NJ licence. Just did her eye tests and it was done. Nothing to it.

Screech339
Unfortunately, Alberta seems to have different rules on the drivers license.
According to the website:
"In order to obtain an Alberta driver’s licence or identification card, you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to reside in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport) and proof that you are an Alberta resident (i.e. utility bills or other statements mailed to your Alberta address)." Reading further they also accept OWP. So I'm stuck at the moment until AIP and OWP come in.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Weird. Our insurance agent never said a thing about insuring me with an OK driver's license. I'm listed right on the hubby's policy. Of course, I'm in Québec, not ROC, and it's nearly a different country here.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
Unfortunately, Alberta seems to have different rules on the drivers license.
According to the website:
"In order to obtain an Alberta driver's licence or identification card, you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to reside in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport) and proof that you are an Alberta resident (i.e. utility bills or other statements mailed to your Alberta address)." Reading further they also accept OWP. So I'm stuck at the moment until AIP and OWP come in.
Well if that is the case, you are legally able to drive any insured car/truck if you are 30 and older and hold a US valid drivers licence. So you are not stuck to walking. You can still legally drive any car so long as it is insured by the car owner. The catch is that if you get a ticket, the car owner's insurance will go up.

Screech339

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
No movement today.

It's stuck on Oct 12th again.

I called cic last week.
There are many issues for this delay.
One of reasons was new computer system.
My wife works for a customs brokerage.
In customs world, the most fearful thing is a new computer system,
because people lose jobs.

I think it's a same idea.
I read news that government decreased 40% of work last winter.
But it's intentional delay to fight with computer.
Can't beat the efficient computer eventually.
And government will let some of government workers go.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
screech339 said:
Well if that is the case, you are legally able to drive any insured car/truck if you are 30 and older and hold a US valid drivers licence. So you are not stuck to walking. You can still legally drive any car so long as it is insured by the car owner. The catch is that if you get a ticket, the car owner's insurance will go up.

Screech339
I won't be 30 for many years yet. :-(

@QuebecOkie...it must be different there. Could be because you are married to military too. I know in the states at least, things are different for wives of military.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
I won't be 30 for many years yet. :-(
In that case, then you have no choice but to wait. However I do find it stupid that you can go on your spouse's alberta health care as a dependent as a visitor in canada but can't get a alberta's driver licence. That's stupid. If you can get on alberta health care through your spouse, you should be able to get alberta drivers licence.

Anyway. Ontario health care and ontario drivers licence are linked together in ontario. Once I forgot my OHIP card when I went to renew my driver licence, I was able to renew my OHIP with my ontario drivers licence.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
I guess that even though there is a consulate in her country, they don't offer services to PR holders. Only to Canadians. Guess not all consulates worldwide provide services to both Canadians and PR's. I have a feeling that Canadian consulate is just that. Only provides services to Canadians. Everyone else go to Embassy.
Cost savings!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
Insurance companies won't insure anyone with an foreign driver licence until they have a canadian driver licence. So with that in mind, can you get an alberta drivers licence while you are waiting? Mý wife managed to get her licence with any consideration to her immigration status in canada. She was considered a visitor at this time and she got her licence. Can't you get yours with AIP?
US insurance companies will issue Canadian insurance certificates to US licensed and insured drivers; this meets all provincial insurance requirements.