Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Hi Everyone!

Long time without posting in here. I was busy also sad about how long was taking my application. And today, after having a hard day because not being a permanent resident, just got an email where the CIC said that my application is finished and my local immigration office will be in contact with me soon. As far as I know this means that all the waiting is over? That I should celebrate? lol I got the letter in french so not sure is that is an explicit decision made but still, I'm happy now. Sad that I was needed to renew my OWP because was due to expire but Happy that I think everything is done finally. :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
that is great news rossal...Congrtaz :D Yeah, i think the wait is over for you. Can you share your timeline with us?

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
boredhousewife said:
Hi everyone,

just wanted to share a bit of good news, it seems CIC has really picked up speed again. I received DM on June 26 and today i received a letter from the Scarborough office informing me that my landing interview will be August 14th :). I honestly wasn't even expecting a letter from them until about early Sept with a landing date for November. I'm more than pleasantly surprised. Something tells me that those of you who have been waiting for AIP will soon see some rapid movement.
Congratulations!

I am waiting for an appointment from Scarborough office too. I got my DM on June 19 and still haven't received anything from CIC Scarborough.

Can you please tell me when your landing letter from CIC Scarborough was dated?

Thanks

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Besunshine said:
Praise the Lord!

I just checked ecas and it says decision made!
We got aip Dec.5/2012 and were asked to submit fingerprints.

I havent received any email yet as to what the decision is though. We went through a consultant so we will see if he receives any snail mail for us this week.
Hey guys,

I just received a letter saying:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has veen completed..... And vancouver office will contact you.... Etc etc"

So is this it? All I am waiting for is an appointment at the vancouver office?? My husband was previously rejected for PR when he applied as a dependent due to his mom's medical issue. Do yiu guys think that will be an issue? Will they question us about it at the interview???

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!

Sounds like you're done to me!

They were "pleased" to advise you. Almost certainly good news.

:)

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No its done.. you're approved.. the first thing the agent told us when we got to the landing appointment was "your application has been approved" .. Congrats!

Mhalik

Dec 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
I'm so happy to read those who have their application done already. My application was sent 0ct 29,2012 and we received a letter from immig that they received it on Nov 29, 2012 but until now no more update. I check it online it only says application received, not even inprocess , so meaning it hasn't processed yet after all these months past?

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Hi Mhalik, I contacted CIC last week and eventhough I received a letter that said that they were working in my application since February they have not even looked at it. They even said it was like an automatic message.

Also, for people looking to study... I send my student application with sponsorship and I found out that: if I wanna study and I have a letter of acceptance and funds to pay for it, i had to send an out land student application. It has nothing to do with sporsorship!! And by now I have waited for 7 months and even received a letter from CIC saying I should wait and it was wrong!!!

I am so upset about it, at least they should give right information.

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hey everyone. A new week is beginning yayy!!! My husband and I are not expecting to hear from CIC for a few more months since they didn't start processing until late November but we will continue to remain hopeful.

Although there is conflicting information regarding whether or not the strike is effecting inland sponsorship, I believe it is. For anyone who has facebook, the people who are striking (PAFSO) have a facebook page. Visit the page and read some of the comments people are leaving, read some of the posts PAFSO has written. PAFSO also posted a link on their page from the Ottawa Citizen about how the strike is effecting Canadians, nonresidents, Canadian tourism and Canadian Universities. "Now PAFSO has offered binding arbitration to the government and set a Tuesday deadline for it to accept." Maybe there will be an end to the strike and we will start hearing some good news about AIPs and more DMs

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I was trying to post the links to the PAFSO facebook page and the Ottawa Citizen article but I suppose I'm not allowed to post links yet...sorry :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Necessary

You can't post links or send personal messages until you've made at least 10 posts. But the strike is affecting everyone; believe it or not

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
yes @jiggyzealous I figured that was the reason. But yes as I said in my post I do believe the strike is effecting our group too.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@necessary
this government is not serious about attracting the brightest to this country at all. Look at how they adjudicate their immigration system. How can someone wait up to 3 yrs without hearing about the progress of their application

Mhalik

Dec 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
@waitingsincedec
Thanks for the reply..

One thing I wanted the immig to do is not to delay of their decision whether it is approved or denied. I don't know what proof they want us to provide when my son is already 13 mos...

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Well @ jiggyzealous, this is sad indeed; I'm not sure how to comment on that. What I will say is that I was born in Canada, and until I met my husband, immigration was not something I even considered. It wasn't something I cared about or that I felt effected me. It wasn't even a topic of discussion in any of my social settings. I think this is the mindset of most who are citizens or residents and thus it is hard to call for change when there isn't much awareness about the immigration process. This is a country that many people want to immigrate to and thus we can expect there will be long processing times.