AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Ok sorry guys.. i was just away for a while lol ...I have some update for you guys..

We received your application for permanent residence on January 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 23, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on January 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on June 13, 2011 to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Did all of you guys receive a letter (AOR) at some early point in the application process? The only letter I received was a letter that came with my returned application when they made a mistake with the fees I had paid correctly. After sending the application back, which I know they received, I have heard nothing.

Timeline is written in my profile to the left.

Thanks for your thoughts.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone. Im landing July 14, 2011 at 2nd floor of CIC Edmonton local office.
I went today at noon, long line, ground floor was busy with different job fairs. CIC and Service Canada hiring too.I told the guard at front door, I'm just enquiring for PR landing date. He ushered me to the first window with green light, the lady ask for any original paper from CIC with my name and client ID. She ask if I'm under spouse sponsorship. A minute later she told me my landing date and wrote in paper all requirements. Bring husband, have 2 ID pic.taken downstair now and landing fee on that day. She said see you on July 14 and bye. Next...

In the ground floor, I went to service Canada and enquire. Told me no need to apply for temp. sin since I have already an OWP. Permanent Sin will be issue on PR date, and number starts at 6.

And so, anyone who gets E-cas approve but no post mail, they should enquire in person at their CIC local office. :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Oh man is that in Edmonton? my status is Decision Made as well, but i have not received any communication from Edmonton Office yet. Infact i spoke to call center only today, and the lady on the phone advised me to wait for 4-6weeks.

When was your application get approved by Vegreville?

What is the address for CIC Edmonton?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
visita44 said:
Just want to know if I need fingerprints to get a Police certificate in Canada where I stayed for 2 years and if fingerprints should be included on the application for inland?
You don't need to get a Canadian police certificate, only from other countries. CIC has it's own connections with the RMCP to verify your background in Canada.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adzees said:
Oh man is that in Edmonton? my status is Decision Made as well, but i have not received any communication from Edmonton Office yet. Infact i spoke to call center only today, and the lady on the phone advised me to wait for 4-6weeks.

When was your application get approved by Vegreville?

What is the address for CIC Edmonton?
Its in Canada Place, Pink glass building downtown at 9700 Jasper Ave. CIC office is on 2nd floor. Suite 240.They also have Service Canada,Passport at ground floor.
When using LRT, get off Churchhill train stn. Very short walk, Opposite Westin Hotel Edm.
Bring any CIC original. like visa extension with your client ID. Tell the guard you wanted to check your PR landing date he will show you where.

My timeline here showing below. :)

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarahLDC said:
Yes whiteapple,you and teriskier very soon. Keep on checking your E-cas from time to time since the update will just pop in. Me and hubby on way now to CiC local office enquiring if we could get copy of letter they sent this time CanPost on strike. I will update you later

i really hope so cuz there's a job offer waiting for me and i don't know how long they can wait.

lhet_sept2010 has "decision made" already on eCas and she submitted her application a day after me.. :( why can't they just be consistent on finishing accdg to the order they've received it? :(

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whiteapple said:
i really hope so cuz there's a job offer waiting for me and i don't know how long they can wait.

lhet_sept2010 has "decision made" already on eCas and she submitted her application a day after me.. :( why can't they just be consistent on finishing accdg to the order they've received it? :(
Keep checking your Ecas Whiteapple. You are very soon. Funny that day I got message from Ecas tracker, I grab my laptop and before I sign in, I took deep breath and really nervous, was yelling at my husband to come downstair, I woke him up he just slept from night shift job, I slowly click decision made part, with half of my eyes covered while talking to my laptop begging please be it good news, as if I cant take anything like "file transfer or any message indicating refusal or I will drop dead". ;D My husband never understand until now the inland application process as he and family migrated here in Canada early '70s. ::)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
whiteapple and teriskier, if I were you guys I would call CIC and see if there has been a decision made. E-cas takes 2 days to be updated.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sarahLDC said:
Hello Everyone. Im landing July 14, 2011 at 2nd floor of CIC Edmonton local office.
I went today at noon, long line, ground floor was busy with different job fairs. CIC and Service Canada hiring too.I told the guard at front door, I'm just enquiring for PR landing date. He ushered me to the first window with green light, the lady ask for any original paper from CIC with my name and client ID. She ask if I'm under spouse sponsorship. A minute later she told me my landing date and wrote in paper all requirements. Bring husband, have 2 ID pic.taken downstair now and landing fee on that day. She said see you on July 14 and bye. Next...

In the ground floor, I went to service Canada and enquire. Told me no need to apply for temp. sin since I have already OPW. Permanent Sin will be issue on PR date, and number starts at 6.

And so, anyone who gets E-cas approve but no post mail, they should enquire in person at their CIC local office. :)
Congrats but that doesn't seem right about the SIN card. They will not issue you a permanent SIN without your PR card. You need to have a temporary SIN to work while you wait for your PR card to arrive then you can get your permanent SIN. And if it is the case that you can get one after you land and don't have to wait for PR card, I honestly think that is crap to all of those that do. Like myself. :(

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
Congrats but that doesn't seem right about the SIN card. They will not issue you a permanent SIN without your PR card. You need to have a temporary SIN to work while you wait for your PR card to arrive then you can get your permanent SIN. And if it is the case that you can get one after you land and don't have to wait for PR card, I honestly think that is crap to all of those that do. Like myself. :(
Wrong!!! you do not need to have PR Card in order to apply for SIN Card...

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
adzees said:
According to Service Canada website this are the description of getting a new permanent SIN card

Permanent residents

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

This apply only if you PR application was processed from outside Canada
Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Record of Landing issued before June 28, 2002.

Source:service canada website

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
adzees said:
Um...not wrong adzees, yes you do if you need a permanent one. I was not given the proper opportunity to obtain a temporary one as my OWP took a long time to arrive in the mail before landing. After my landing I went to get a permanent SIN and was told I could get neither a temporary one or permanent one. I need to wait for my PR card to arrive to get a permanent SIN. And if you didn't notice, I said if they wanted a PERMANENT SIN card not just a SIN card then they would have to wait for their PR card.

Here is where they even state the fact on their site: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml

Also, I was encouraging them to get their temporary SIN with their OWP before landing in hopes that they don't run into the same issue I did. I never said the only way you could get a SIN card is with your PR card but the only way to get a permanent SIN card (in most situations unlike this unique local office) for inland you have to wait for your PR card to arrive. If it was outland, you would only need COPR and visa counterfoil.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
waitin_vain said:
According to Service Canada website this are the description of getting a new permanent SIN card

Permanent residents

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

This apply only if you PR application was processed from outside Canada
Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Record of Landing issued before June 28, 2002.

Source:service canada website
And since outland applicant's are the only ones to get a visa counterfoil, inland applicants (if they don't already have a temporary SIN from the OWP) will have to wait to work and get their permanent SIN after the PR card arrives. Service Canada for inland applicants will only accept PR card as proof of PR status.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Hi everyone!

We just got back from Calgary, it was a long day for us. We had our landing interview at 1 PM in Calgary today. We were there at 11:29 AM, lol talking about being excited! So hubby and our daughter went for lunch first across the Harvey Hays Building. Came back to the office at around 12:40 and was ushered in. There were 2 lines, one for those who are renewing/inquiring about their work permits and the other line was for the landing interview. There were about 5 pairs scheduled for landing that day. Hubby and I paid the 490 RPRF in the window and were asked to sit and the nice lady told us we will be called. 1:05 got called in the interview room. Was asked for the work permit, RPRF receipt, pictures, passport for hubby and identification for myself as sponsor. The lady asked him to check his COPR and we requested the PR card to mailed to our new address. Asked him the 3 famous questions, read his rights and responsibility as PR and my responsibility as his sponsor. His eligible to apply for citizenship on June 23, 2013. She told us that processing time for PR card right now is about 3 months and if we intend to travel since he is from a non visa exempt country we should go to the Canadian Embassy wherever we are travelling and asked for temp visa to come back to Canada.
At this point our daughter asked us the funniest thing ever. She whispered to my ear and asked "Is Dad now a member of Canada?" She keeps forgetting the word permanent resident, lol. The IO officer laughed and said "Yes, your dad is now a member of Canada."
After landing we went to renew his Alberta Health. Finished everything at about 2:30 PM and went shopping in Calgary for the whole day!