AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Congrats to all who got good news....and it seems like CIC has actually worked on June 16 or even more, so HAPPY about it.

To Love Young, I voted, I can't wait to see the answer :p

To TeresaLynn: Although I'm still far away from the first stage approved but I understand your feeling. Please don't be down, maybe your letter has already on its way to you, you may receive a good news tomorrow morning when you open the mail box. I remember some people received their good news when their Ecas hasn't updated or just updated. Sorry my sentence is messed.....hope you understand what I'm talking about ;) CHEER UP

Another week is coming....I'm looking forward to hearing more good news from anyone....best wishes to you. For some people are like me, still far away from approve, let's stay in positive and happy, enjoy the summer time.....

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm going to ask some silly questions here, please don't laugh at me :D ( If you really want to laugh, then don't let me know.... :p :p :p)

I'm trying to fill the FOSS form but I'm still confused after I researched the discussion board, I hope someone here can give me some ideas.

1. I don't need to fill the "request reference number" and "ATIP file number" right? (Actually I don't have or I don't know what it is.)

2. Which one should I choose? the one "Access information ACT $5 fee" or "Private Act (no fee)"

3. Request for....should I choose the "Foss(information in Canada)" or "In Canada file(Foss included)

4. I don't need to fill "this request is being made by ....", right?

5. Is there anything I should provide with the form when I fax it?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks for reading/helping it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi there AmandaHsu your questions are not silly at all. Promise you!

Here are the answers:
1. Yes, you leave those blank
2. You want Private Act, check "as is" and the language you prefer, then check "receive copies of the records"
3. Choose FOSS (information in Canada) the "in Canada file" can delay your processing
4. You need to check off the box for "A request is being made by...", fill out your name as the requestor, your number, address, and then sign and date it
5. And no that is good. Just fax your form to Vegreville at 780-603-2693, it should arrive anywhere from 1-4 weeks

gucci_piggy

Feb 14, 2010
oh boy, my ecas has been updated - it's crunch time. Haven't received anything in the mail yet though. Here's what it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 10, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on March 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on April 4, 2011 to xxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I received first stage approval and an open work permit on the 24th of November 2010; can anyone tell from the info above if there's likely to be an interview or not? Is there still a possibility of my application being rejected?

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chau01 said:
Hi Love-young and all,

I have applied today from Alberta for Inland PR for my wife, who has been on visitor visa.
Her visit visa is expiring next month and wonder if she would still be eligible for health cover?

Thanks
Chau01

I am in the same situation as your wife by the way. They gave an Alberta Health coverage up to the expiry date of the visa which was in December. We applied to visitor visa extention in late October.

My Husband called the Alebrta Health and told them that we have applied to extend my visa, and we are also applied for Permanent Resident through sponsorship, and we would like to get our Health Coverage extended. They said we "Alberta Health" are allowed to extend your coverage for another 90 days after that your covergae will automatically be suspended.
After nintey days we did not get our visa extended "we used paper application" my husband called them to ask about another extention, they said we are allowed to do the extention once and for ninety days, call us back when you get your status changed. After we received our visa extention we went to the registery and we extended our health covergae again.
So, to answer your question you can get your wife coverage extended by calling Alebrta Health. Hope that helps.

By the way have you applied for a visitor visa extention?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Thanks Amandahsu, I am better. Sometimes people with the same application date are 1 week a part when their decisions are made. Thanks to love_young and her wonderful charts i worked that out :)

Congrats Gucci that looks like a landing letter :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
gucci_piggy said:
oh boy, my ecas has been updated - it's crunch time. Haven't received anything in the mail yet though. Here's what it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 10, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on March 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on April 4, 2011 to xxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I received first stage approval and an open work permit on the 24th of November 2010; can anyone tell from the info above if there's likely to be an interview or not? Is there still a possibility of my application being rejected?

I think , Congratulations is in order! Sounds like PR coming to you !

asmallant

Apr 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am new, or it is my first application prepared by ourself. Would u pls tell me the detail procedure? Did CIC contact you?
thank you.

Love_Young said:
Hi there AmandaHsu your questions are not silly at all. Promise you!

Here are the answers:
1. Yes, you leave those blank
2. You want Private Act, check "as is" and the language you prefer, then check "receive copies of the records"
3. Choose FOSS (information in Canada) the "in Canada file" can delay your processing
4. You need to check off the box for "A request is being made by...", fill out your name as the requestor, your number, address, and then sign and date it
5. And no that is good. Just fax your form to Vegreville at 780-603-2693, it should arrive anywhere from 1-4 weeks

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
asmallant said:
Hi, I am new, or it is my first application prepared by ourself. Would u pls tell me the detail procedure? Did CIC contact you?
thank you.
Huh.. ???
I am explaining to another member how to order FOSS notes from Vegreville.
FOSS notes are for free and they are the notes that Immigration Officers take down about your application.
You can obtain them at any time. And no CIC didn't contact me.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone -

Just a quick and silly question;

When you get approved for an inland application and you get your PR, does the time you have been in Canada waiting for the approvals count for your Citizenship, or the counting will start after you get your PR?

Please clarify,

asmallant

Apr 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Love

INLAND! (Virginian loving her Newfie)
07/16/10: App Received
09/22/10: Started Processing
03/31/11: Can finally sign into e-Cas

Pls let me know what was the meaning of started processing? How can you know that? Can you add more info. for your application?

What can the e-Cas help you?

thank you for my confusion, I applied for inland sponsor too. not foss.

Thank you again for your pateint

gucci_piggy

Feb 14, 2010
Yay, good to hear. From the wording it could just as easily be a rejection letter...but I feel a little reassured. Thanks guys!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
asmallant said:
Hi Love

Pls let me know what was the meaning of started processing? How can you know that? Can you add more info. for your application?

What can the e-Cas help you?

thank you for my confusion, I applied for inland sponsor too. not foss.

Thank you again for your pateint
I didn't apply for FOSS, I mean I did apply for FOSS but I applied inland for my PR application to Vegreville. I obtained FOSS notes just to find out the notes written about my PR application. Does that make sense?

Started processing means that is when they opened up my application and checked to make sure everything was filled out right etc. And you can find that out by contacting CIC or signing into e-Cas on the CIC website. You use your name, birthdate, country of birth, and client id to sign in. And e-Cas can help by showing you the status of your application.

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Hello guys,

I finally got to the end of my PR process after 19 months! I just got a letter saying that my PR process has been completed and now I am asked to send photos and pay the permanent residence fees, but I'm confused here: Don't we pay the PR fee at our landing interview normally?

Sometimes, I really think their communication is quite confusing....

Thank you in advance!