Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
I sent my application to vegreville on June 23rd 2010 as common law sponsorship. I still can't log on to ecas to check my application but I received a letter from Immigration last month asking for more information. They wanted to know where I've been working since June 2010 (probably because they wanted to make sure I was still working for the same employer - which I am.) They also wanted to know where I've been living since June 2010 (I phoned the call center in November as we had moved - we bought our first house together!! They probably just wanted a signed document with my new address.) I was already planning to send another package to vegreville with updated photos showing what we've been doing since June, and also bills and bank statements addressed to our new house to show we are living there together. I ended up sending back the form they sent me with my new package of photo's etc... I'm not on the mortgage yet as the bank wont allow it till I have a residency card and can build up some credit, but I am on the property insurance so I sent them a copy of that (and explained why I wasn't on the mortgage).

I'm getting sooooo worried about it now. i've been ok so far, because I knew it was such a long process I had lots of time with him. But now that we've bought a house I'm getting more worried everyday. What if they decline us? We'd have to sell our house and all of our posessions so that we can move to England together. we'd have to get our 2 cats and puppy ready to fly (which takes 6 months!!). It's going to be so hard, but if Canada wont let us be together there's still a chance that England will! My parents are coming to visit in May (haven't seen them in nearly 18 months) and I'm panicing now because it means we have to decorate our spare room and buy a new bed for them, we dont want to keep buying furniture if we will just have to sell it and move to England!!

I did phone the call center to ask why i dont have access to ecas and they said it's for online applications only.

The other thing I'm worried about is my sponsor's criminal record. He's been to court numerous times, most were youth courts so he was always let off with warnings, not serious crimes either. Just kids stuff. He had a DUI when he was 19 (he's now 38), but he was let off, he didnt even go to court for that and he didnt lose his licence! The last thing he did was 6 years ago, he punched his ex's boyfriend and they charged him with assult but he got off with probabion. his ex then took him to court again for uttering death threats but she dropped the charges IN COURT. So he was never convicted for that either. he's been to jail once when he was 17 and that was for starting a riot (150 kids involved and they arrested him!) My criminal record is totally clean, not one thing on there.

Grrrrr everything seems to scare me and I hate the fact that our future is in their hands. We want to start a family but ideally we should hold off till we know where we stand. but my partners not getting any younger!!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I am assuming that you are using a receipt number as an Identification type.

As you mentioned that you have work permit, then it should have a client ID on it.

Use your client ID Number as an Identification type on E-cas login (if you are not).
Enter your Client ID from work permit as an Identification number
last name, D.o.b, and country of residence..

It should work..

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
good news for me! finally!

"We received your application for permanent residence on February 9, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 27, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on January 14, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on February 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on February 4, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Ontario, Canada about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us."

Boasarte, i think u will get urs very very soon!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Congrats Asta :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Helllo everybody...

Spring6.4 please be positive and confident, you can find a job in a consulting or engineering company, they are always in need of good technical writers, meanwhile you seek to get your education certificate or something that allow you to teach in Canada, believe you need one if you are in Quebec, anyhow... I know many south american professionals living only five years in Canada (stressed with the language barrier - 2 languages to learn) and are already working on their field of expertise... you need to be alert and put your cv in workopolis, jobboom, monster.ca, and other job engines... nothing is impossible... nothing if you really want it. The key is to believe you can make it and do whatever is possible to have the same opportunities than a Canadian born has.. Most of job add say: Diploma or equivalent... = experience and that is for everybody.. of course, if you are an engineer you need to get the province engineering board approval, a Doctor you need to give an examen to probe your know-how and the hability to work in this country.. likewise any other country would do... you need to have driven so you can get what you want.

Do not get discoraged...

A survivor and a winner!!!!

Dee

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Spring4.6. said:
Congratulations Asta! :)
Thanks guys!

My fella European - Croatian :)
landing interview is easy and fast - u sign papers of ur permanent residence and they check ur passport and ask some formal questions. its all formality. and then u are considered as landed.

sucks bout ur work permit, but yeah, better they loose work permit than original application before AIP!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
WooHoo CONGRATULATIONS Asta.
Let us know what day you are landing and where when you find out.
So very happy for you. That was fairly fast. So everyone else keep you head up for landing soon. :D

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Asta you are right. It is less of evil that it could of been. ;)
Enjoy in your day!

Canadiancitizen, thank you for your post. I will read it from time to time when I start to feel down, just to put my self into more positive thinking.

8)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
thank u Love Young!

i was really wanting to go home in summer and i will! it took a year minus 2 days for the whole process. i was worried bout redoing medicals, that expired jan 18, but they didnt request for it. so dont do it in advanced if u are not requested!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
congrats Asta!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
congrats Asta!
thanks!!

hey guys, i just saw now, they took off negative rating?? thats smth. at last.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
justina said:
Oh Blackberry, I am so sorry for the loss of your niece!! I feel your pain, we lost my grandfather recently, which was really hard, but he lived a good, long life and is no longer suffering. The loss of a child is so difficult.....

I hope you find a good job soon, we still have no news so my hubby still doesn't have AIP....patience......patience.....I'm trying!

And good luck with the babydance!!
Thanks justina,

i too am sorry about your grandfathers passing!. Death is really difficult whether its a young or old person. there is nothing on earth that can ever prepare you for anything like that. it just makes yopu realise that one day we will all go!..

I had another job interview today and i passed my first interview now i am going for a second interview tomorrow and i guess if i pass that they will hire me and do back groundchecks etc!. I also got called for another interview at the end of this week. so maybe at first i will work two jobs just o catch up on bills.

Asta.. My hubby started his opwn business here at the house but as new businesses go, it didnt set off as projected and sometimes it makes money and sometimes it doesnt. !.

Welcome all the newbies and good luck!!. Hang in there!. this forum really helps alot in giving alot of information about the process!. you are definitely not alone!/...
iluvemesumu !!!
xx

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
Thanks justina,

i too am sorry about your grandfathers passing!. Death is really difficult whether its a young or old person. there is nothing on earth that can ever prepare you for anything like that. it just makes yopu realise that one day we will all go!..

I had another job interview today and i passed my first interview now i am going for a second interview tomorrow and i guess if i pass that they will hire me and do back groundchecks etc!. I also got called for another interview at the end of this week. so maybe at first i will work two jobs just o catch up on bills.

Asta.. My hubby started his opwn business here at the house but as new businesses go, it didnt set off as projected and sometimes it makes money and sometimes it doesnt. !.

Welcome all the newbies and good luck!!. Hang in there!. this forum really helps alot in giving alot of information about the process!. you are definitely not alone!/...
iluvemesumu !!!
xx
congrats and best of luck on ur interviews! :)