Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Shouldn't be a problem, just apply for his visa extension and restoration of status when you send in your PR application, or you can even apply for it now, let them know you are planning on applying for PR. That's what I did. Hope this helps.:)

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Kris13 said:
HI Guys

I have just got off the phone with CIC. They told me that I was approved for AIP today and the letters have been sent.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy and my little boy is going to be born soon too...
Hi Kris13!!!!!! Congratulations!! That's awesome. Being approved and also having soon the most fullfilling thing for us in life, a baby, is wonderful. I have a 10 year old boy and he's the light of my eyes.

So happy for you!!

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
oceans_end said:
congrats!! we have the same dates April and June 22... so I guess I should hear soon too. 8)
Hi Oceans_end and Kris13! I'm also from April 16th. June 29th! I'm crossing my fingers and hope to receive a letter very soon!!!

Van Bound

Jan 6, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-03-2010
Thanks everyone fo your awesome advice- I guess the best way forward would be to call and see what they say- at the very least I tried to tell them they already had the docuents. Then I can always send fresh copies if they insist, knowing I tried to avoid it.

Flower07: did you manage to get anywhere since your post?

I'll let everyone know how it goes!

rhysmdavies84

Feb 1, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
AOR Received.
25-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
OWP 13-01-2011
Jean26 said:
Hi Oceans_end and Kris13! I'm also from April 16th. June 29th! I'm crossing my fingers and hope to receive a letter very soon!!!
Hey

Hopefully I will hear something soon! Sent April 14. start processing June 25
Will I receive letter or phone call?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Does anyone know where CSIS report goes when they send it back to CIC ??? my local IO says its not in his office !

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Random question for my Inlanders....I was looking at the CIC website today (which made me a bit sad because they slowed down after they zipped through holiday season and are processing at about 9 months). Does anyone have any idea, on average because I know every case is different, how long it takes after AIP to land?

I am currently a student and would love to pay the same fees as a resident instead of international fees so I am just trying to figure out about how long it will take after AIP (the initial 9 months) to land. This is all making the assumption that everything goes to plan which is totally out of our control ::). I can't believe I am almost half way through the initial waiting period.

Thanks,
Teri

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
well I got a letter today not sure its the standard AIP one, cause it doesn't have the interview date or mention anything like it. It just says it has been deteremined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. However a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming PR have been met. Its about a full page long with my Client# on right top corner. Also is there suppose to have 2 letters one of them notifying the sponsor was approved to sponsor the person who is applying for the actual PR?

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
rhysmdavies84 said:
Hey

Hopefully I will hear something soon! Sent April 14. start processing June 25
Will I receive letter or phone call?
Hi! You'll receive a letter. Let us know as soon as you hear from them! :) Good Luck!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
oceans_end said:
well I got a letter today not sure its the standard AIP one, cause it doesn't have the interview date or mention anything like it. It just says it has been deteremined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. However a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming PR have been met. Its about a full page long with my Client# on right top corner. Also is there suppose to have 2 letters one of them notifying the sponsor was approved to sponsor the person who is applying for the actual PR?
its AIP. they dont mention interview or landing in AIP letter. and yes your sponsor has to receive one too stating that he is approved as a sponsor.
if u applied for OWP with original application, it should arrive too. if not, u should apply for OWP now or/and study permit (same form). and apply on paper not online. paper is much faster for some reason.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Teriskier said:
Random question for my Inlanders....I was looking at the CIC website today (which made me a bit sad because they slowed down after they zipped through holiday season and are processing at about 9 months). Does anyone have any idea, on average because I know every case is different, how long it takes after AIP to land?

I am currently a student and would love to pay the same fees as a resident instead of international fees so I am just trying to figure out about how long it will take after AIP (the initial 9 months) to land. This is all making the assumption that everything goes to plan which is totally out of our control ::). I can't believe I am almost half way through the initial waiting period.

Thanks,
Teri
theres no answer to this question. some people get it fast some get it after a while. some people landed already even though they applied much later than me (for example). i got AIP 2 + months ago. i still havent heard anything after that (and im sure ill have to wait at least few more months).

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Asta said:
theres no answer to this question. some people get it fast some get it after a while. some people landed already even though they applied much later than me (for example). i got AIP 2 + months ago. i still havent heard anything after that (and im sure ill have to wait at least few more months).
Do you happen to know if it has to do with whether they already have all of the information (police cert, medicals etc.) or is it just fairly random?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Teriskier said:
Do you happen to know if it has to do with whether they already have all of the information (police cert, medicals etc.) or is it just fairly random?
i cant tell. i think its random. it very depends what kind of officer works on ur file..

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
Thanks guys. I can't wait to get back to work and start saving some cash.. I'll be sure to let you know when the letters get here. I hope monday. I'm lucky that I worked for a Canadian company back home so I hope to get into their Canadian Plant..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
To everyone in this lovely thread of ours, I am very sorry for my absence and lack of updates. Chart will be updated soon. For all those I haven't had an opportunity to answer questions, congratulate, or welcome to the thread, you will find a message to you. This post is long so my apologies. I am a bit of a rambler. Hope everyone is doing wonderfully and as usual I couldn't be more happier to see all the AIP's being given. Best of luck to everyone.

Janadian: "Thank you so much for your kind words that you have given me. Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner but just know that your words gave me the spirit that I was missing. I will keep "one foot in front of the other". But you got to do the same for me too girl." ;)

Kris13: "Wow what can I say, I am sooo happy for you. I knew you would get the news you needed to hear. And what a perfect time too. I wish you and your family all the blessings for your new arrival. When is he due? I hope you will let us know about his arrival. :) Also let us know when get your landing interview so we can celebrate that too."

Van Bound: "First of all, WELCOME TO THE THREAD! We love new members and glad you decided to introduce yourself. If you could let me know the dates of when your application was received and started processing, I can add you to our chart. I am sorry that Vegreville is asking for evidence that you have already sent to them but they tend to be a very busy office and unfortunately for us all, they lose things. I would try getting in touch with people about the Police Certificate thing. It would be an inconvenience to have to pay that fee again. Otherwise just try to gather the evidence they ask for as soon as you can so that you can get AIP sooner. Let us know when you get the good news."

flower07: "I am also sorry to hear that they are asking for more proof from you but at least it is a good sign that they are working and looking at your application. I would send off the evidence as soon as you can so you can get AIP sooner. Good luck."

canamconnect: "WELCOME TO THE THREAD! So glad to have another new member to add to our family here. Hope you will stick around for a while now. I am so glad you like and feel the positive vibes. That is what I was hoping to give to people when I started this thread. I am an American and loving my Canadian ;) I wish I could answer your questions better. Come back and let us know when you mail your application and when it is received so we can celebrate with you. Best of luck."

oceans_end: "WELCOME TO THE THREAD!I see that you are a new member as well. Been getting a lot of new members to our thread this week which is always good. Hopefully you feel at home here and get all your questions answered well. We are all here to help you. If you could give me the date of when your application was received and started processing, I will add you to our chart on the next chart update. Best of luck with everything. Congrats on receiving AIP. Let us know when you get your landing date."

rhysmdavies84: "I hope I am not a bad thread starter for not knowing whether I added you to our chart yet or not. If I haven't already said welcome then "WELCOME TO THE THREAD!" I love having new members. If you aren't already on the chart then I shall add you come next chart update. By the sounds of it you should be getting AIP very soon. Let us know when you receive the good news." :)