25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
tozo said:
Guys,i just call CIC ,and the agent was very nice to answer all my questions.....i ask my B/F date and he said april 27,2012 and i said that has passed ,he then said everything on your file is find and you have passed all the background check and every thing so any time from now i will be receiving my decision and letters in the mail.....but the are still waiting for the visa office back home bcos of my non - accompany kids apart from that am good to go...i hope they speed things up very quickly......its 8 months after AIP....Fingers cross. :D :D :D :D
Thats amazing news that your background checks are all done with! Hope there is some movement with myself and everyone else who's stuck in 2nd stage soon too!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CHRISTINECHRISTINE said:
Hi, Is there anyone here received their 1st stage approval? Did anyone received their open work permit at the same time? My husband is been waiting for the open work permit. Sponsorship application was sent last July 2011.
yeah,you have to wait for the first approval,if you are approved its will come along with AIP letters...just hang in there.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazy lucy,well i pray that they speed up this for those of us waiting for 2nd stage and decision made.

Aurora9151

Feb 15, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
08-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
tozo said:
Guys,i just call CIC ,and the agent was very nice to answer all my questions.....i ask my B/F date and he said april 27,2012 and i said that has passed ,he then said everything on your file is find and you have passed all the background check and every thing so any time from now i will be receiving my decision and letters in the mail.....but the are still waiting for the visa office back home bcos of my non - accompany kids apart from that am good to go...i hope they speed things up very quickly......its 8 months after AIP....Fingers cross. :D :D :D :D
That's a good news Tozo! And yes hope all of the people who have been stuck in stage 2 from 2010 will all get DM very soon. 8)

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I did look at my FOSS notes closely, seems like they sent off my background and security checks on the 2nd of Feburary. I hope it's not going to be 8 months FROM Feburary that I get my results back!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just hoping that the last batch of 2010 will be over soon......we are tired of waiting. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you that I have FINALLY received Decision Made on May 11 ( I applied on Feb 1 2010, so yeah, it must be some sort of record lol). Thanks for all your help!

I have one question, the letter says "The canada immigration centre at Scarborough will contact you regarding your permanent residency status". I am assuming this is for the landing interview? Any idea how long they take?

EDIT: searched through the forum and found out Scarborough takes almost two months, $%#^, the waiting begins again.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tozo said:
just hoping that the last batch of 2010 will be over soon......we are tired of waiting. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WE HOPE SO !!!!!!!!!!!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rockin_Zombie said:
hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you that I have FINALLY received Decision Made on May 11 ( I applied on Feb 1 2010, so yeah, it must be some sort of record lol). Thanks for all your help!

I have one question, the letter says "The canada immigration centre at Scarborough will contact you regarding your permanent residency status". I am assuming this is for the landing interview? Any idea how long they take?

EDIT: searched through the forum and found out Scarborough takes almost two months, $%#^, the waiting begins again.
Congratulations!

Where did you hear it takes 2 months? Mine was transferred to the same office and the info I have is it takes up to 3 months to get an appointment.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Rockin_Zombie said:
hi guys,

congrats.....another good news for 2010 members....wish to hear more and more good news here

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
CEC said:
Congratulations!

Where did you hear it takes 2 months? Mine was transferred to the same office and the info I have is it takes up to 3 months to get an appointment.
Thanks! Well that's even better(lol). I just searched through the forum, there are some February 2012 posts which say 2 months, I guess it's 3 months now. Damn, I hope I get this sorted out before start of the school year, really need to apply for some scholarships.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Bit of a random question, but how likely is it for CIC to call an inland family up about the landing interview? Is it just based off of what office you have to go to? I dont want to not be home when I get the call or I piss someone off that day and they say I dont live there to the IO.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
CrazyLucy said:
Bit of a random question, but how likely is it for CIC to call an inland family up about the landing interview? Is it just based off of what office you have to go to? I dont want to not be home when I get the call or I piss someone off that day and they say I dont live there to the IO.
I guess the office in a small town is more likely to give a call since they might not have that many applicants to deal with.

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
shantese said:
I wonder the same as well it aint fair
We just got a letter in the mail yesterday from the Case Processing Centre in Alberta. They are now requesting my husbands son who doesn't live in Canada to go for his medical examination before they can continue processing his application. I called the call centre and had a really nice guy explain everything to me. It always takes longer when there are dependant children involved otherwise he would have had his resident card by now. Now I understand why it's taking a little longer than the "application processing time" and why they gave him a 3 year work permit. As long as his son's medical results are good, then we are almost finished! Woo hoo!

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
tozo said:
Still waiting .......i just call the CIC and the call agent said they still waiting for the visa office of my home country bcos of my non-accompanying dependents and still doing my background check so i call again around middle of may....this too much....the stress :( :( :mad: :mad:
We just got a letter in the mail yesterday from the Case Processing Centre in Alberta. They are now requesting my husbands son who doesn't live in Canada to go for his medical examination before they can continue processing his application. I called the call centre and had a really nice guy explain everything to me. It always takes longer when there are dependant children involved otherwise he would have had his resident card by now. Now I understand why it's taking a little longer than the "application processing time" and why they gave him a 3 year work permit. As long as his son's medical results are good, then we are almost finished! Woo hoo!