Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
I received a letter from CIC yesterday, asking me to provide finger prints. I am a bit confused, because my spouse (the sponsor) hasn't received AIP yet...

Is this normal to have been asked for finger prints before AIP?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamxiaogua said:
I received a letter from CIC yesterday, asking me to provide finger prints. I am a bit confused, because my spouse (the sponsor) hasn't received AIP yet...

Is this normal to have been asked for finger prints before AIP?
When it comes to immigration, there is nothing set in stone.
It is a good sign they have asked you for additional document, it means they are about to work/ or already working on your application. And since you haven't heard anything regarding your AIP, you are also likely to have both stages approved at once, so keep thinking positive!

I saw one of your previous post asking about delays related to the request of additional documents.
Once you send a document, it may takes a couple of weeks until it is attached to the original file, however I have seen cases of the requested documents being enclosed to the file within days after Vegreville receives it.
My case for instance: it took less than a week for my Police Certificates to be enclosed to my file and just a couple of days after that I received the final "Decision Made".

Just hang on in there. Good luck!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
It is a good sign they have asked you for additional document, it means they are about to work/ or already working on your application. And since you haven't heard anything regarding your AIP, you are also likely to have both stages approved at once, so keep thinking positive!

I saw one of your previous post asking about delays related to the request of additional documents.
Once you send a document, it may takes a couple of weeks until it is attached to the original file, however I have seen cases of the requested documents being enclosed to the file within days after Vegreville receives it.
My case for instance: it took less than a month for my Police Certificates to be enclosed to my file and just a couple of days after that I received the final "Decision Made".

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the reply, boasorte! +1 for you! 8)

boasorte said:

My case for instance: it took less than a week for my Police Certificates to be enclosed to my file and just a couple of days after that I received the final "Decision Made".

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
getting quiet and uieter in here seems like everyone got good news already damn m still waiting my butt off on these people.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
shantese said:
getting quiet and uieter in here seems like everyone got good news already damn m still waiting my butt off on these people.
You are not alone, i am still here!

Anybody has experience on how long it take to add electronic RCMP ( fingers prints) that were sent electronically to a file ....?

Seems that it is the only missing info for ur... Well let s see it is not over until it's over....

Cheers

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I'm hoping to hear something around the beginning of May. Then it's been 90s days since I was supposed to submit my medicals. Until then...I wish I had more news from my end. :(

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
this waiting is stressful especially when you dnt knw what the answer will be now i will be pissed off.

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
hi guys,

Copy-pasting my post from another thread since I am desperate for a reply lol. So this is my story:

I applied for spousal sponsorship on Feb 1 2010 (In canada). By June of that month I got my AIP. After that..my application is just stuck at background check. It has been over 2 and half years and I don't have any update at all, I actually had to resend my medical results because the other one expired.

Reading through this forum, I sent a fax to CSIS enquiring my background check. They said they have not received a request for background check yet (they sent a letter to me). So I am guessing my application is STILL with RCMP? Is there any way to check with RCMP what is going on with my application? If I call cic they are just saying I have to wait, I can't even ask for any suggestion.

I am a PhD student and I have my own funding and earnings, so my case is as clean as it can get (at least that's what I thought). So I have no idea what to do now. People who applied with me got there PR in 2010. It's 2012 and I am still waiting. They never asked for my fingerprint or anything either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm still here with everyone, I didn't reply too much cuz sometimes I don't know what's the best I can say to comfort people

I'd like to hear everyone get their happy ending soon....best best wishes

Aurora9151

Feb 15, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
08-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
I am also still waiting...CIC attached my client history update form within 2 weeks on April 5th, which just one day after they issued my OWP! It really seems if you don't pay the money to apply this OWP then they won't touch your file!

And I called and the agent told me to just wait and they will make a decision and I will be informed by a letter. I dont trust these agents anymore since last month I called and one agent told me the same thing but after a week I got the update form. :( Anyway, now it has been 6 months after AIP. Don't know how long still will be hanging there.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Aurora,

I was waiting 7 months for DM. And now i am waiting for PR card, but there is some problem and agent told me to wait other 90 days, How funny :'( :'(

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rockin_Zombie said:
hi guys,

Copy-pasting my post from another thread since I am desperate for a reply lol. So this is my story:

I applied for spousal sponsorship on Feb 1 2010 (In canada). By June of that month I got my AIP. After that..my application is just stuck at background check. It has been over 2 and half years and I don't have any update at all, I actually had to resend my medical results because the other one expired.

Reading through this forum, I sent a fax to CSIS enquiring my background check. They said they have not received a request for background check yet (they sent a letter to me). So I am guessing my application is STILL with RCMP? Is there any way to check with RCMP what is going on with my application? If I call cic they are just saying I have to wait, I can't even ask for any suggestion.

I am a PhD student and I have my own funding and earnings, so my case is as clean as it can get (at least that's what I thought). So I have no idea what to do now. People who applied with me got there PR in 2010. It's 2012 and I am still waiting. They never asked for my fingerprint or anything either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hi there,

My story is not very different either, this month it's been a year since i've received the AiP and so far nothing new. I called hundreds of time and they say it's stuck on the background check. I ordered two Foss notes and the last one says there was a problem with my background check (not recorded correctly) and they have requested a new one.

Questions for you:

1) Have you ordered your Foss yet? That'd definitely help to understand what is going on.

2) Where should I send this Fax about see what it's been taking so long my background check too? I did not know it is an option.

Thank you!

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sigh....I have a headache just thinking about this whole process. Our situation is a little unique in a few ways. I am the Canadian, my husband is American. We were married in Sept 2011. He has been here since August 2009. But here are some of the rubs:

- He is here illegally, hence he is not working but that is no problem as I make more than enough for us both. Basically he was coming for 2 weeks (had a return ticket and everything). Long story short, he ended up staying. Largely it was due to we did not want to be seperated and at the time I had a crappy job so any visiting back and forth would not have even been conceivable.

- Secondly I am nervous as there is an age difference (I am 36, he is 24). I have heard this can sometimes cause issues?

-Thirdly I cannot seem to get a straight answer anywhere that if we apply inland does he or does he not need to send in the form and fee to "re-instate legal visiting status" or just apply and wait for AIP?

I know there have been a few people through here that have applied inland while being here illegally, I am hoping for some insights from them if they are still around. Was any part of your process any more difificult due to the illegal status? Any tips or advice you can share?

I have also sent a requets to talk to Lawyer David Cohen and am hoping to get some info.

Thanks in advance :)