App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Yeah, me and my common-law parter didnt have extra people to take photos of us, we normally went on outings just the two of us, so I would take a photo of him and he would take the same photo with me in it. On the back of the photos I would write "Summer of 2009" the name of the person in the photo and then who was taking the photo. I am horrible with dates, so I just put "Summer of.." or "Fall of..." and we didnt have any issues with the photos at all. I think we sent in about...60 photos? We also submitted a lot of other things too.

Saddly, They have not gotten my police report just yet. It's still in the mail queue. -sigh-

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had pictures on my pc and just printed several on copier paper. In total, maybe 10 pictures on copier paper. Got AIP in 2.5 months. Maybe it is just the CIC officer.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Yeah! I got my PR card in the mail today. So my PR journey is now officially over!
Now it's just waiting for my Citizenship application date. :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Jurjen said:
Yeah! I got my PR card in the mail today. So my PR journey is now officially over!
Now it's just waiting for my Citizenship application date. :)
YEEHAW

gstar

Oct 18, 2011
Hello, I got my permanent residence today and I am now waiting for my PR card. Does anyone know how I could travel without a PR card?

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For in canada apps. When you get decision made, what happens? You have to send them your passport? You get a visa on your passport page? You have to go a landed interview? Just curious how the end process goes. Thanks.

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
For in canada apps. When you get decision made, what happens? You have to send them your passport? You get a visa on your passport page? You have to go a landed interview? Just curious how the end process goes. Thanks.
You have to go have a landing interview and that's when they take care of the visa in your passport. A few weeks/months later you get your PR card in the mail

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
californiajeninca said:
Hi Everyone!
Congratulations moony and absentgodot. Onward and upward. Has anyone heard from twchu? I'd like to know how he is doing or if he has received any word about his second stage.

I was reading your posts babyhangon and I'm glad to hear your wife got her passport sorted.

I hope everyone is doing well (for the most part). Not much happening here in Southern Ontario, not even snow.
Hey californiajeninca,

Well, i havent had any news from the local office on my landing date...thanks for asking... My local office is at scarborough and it is known for being really busy, guess i wont hear from them till january (they usually take abt 3 mths to arrange landing date). Been busy searching for jobs and meeting headhunters and stuff.. Hopefully i will be working by the start of next year... Keeping my fingers crossed again..hehe.. Hows life going for ya? ;)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
gstar said:
Hello, I got my permanent residence today and I am now waiting for my PR card. Does anyone know how I could travel without a PR card?
Apparently there's 2 options:
1) You take your own car and drive over the border, just the CoPR will be enough
2) If you go by commercial carrier, you need to buy a visa for Permanent Residents without a PR card at the embassy before returning to Canada.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys ....whats going on, the room is so quite ....hopefully some good news this weekend. have a blessed weekend :D :D :D :D

babel

Nov 11, 2010
Hi guys I Wana share this news with everyone here I revived my AIP on the 23rd of November and now on my ecas it says decision made and states the following
We received your application for permanent residence on December 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on December 7, 2011 to xxxxx North York, Ontario, Canada, xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I am assuming this is the 2nd stage approval, my question is what would be my local office and how long do u guys think it takes to get the landing interview

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
babel said:
Hi guys I Wana share this news with everyone here I revived my AIP on the 23rd of November and now on my ecas it says decision made and states the following

We sent you a letter on December 7, 2011 to xxxxx North York, Ontario, Canada, xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I am assuming this is the 2nd stage approval, my question is what would be my local office and how long do u guys think it takes to get the landing interview
Wow!! That is some goods news before christmas!! Congratulation seems like 2nd stage!!

I call CIC today and still no news for us... I find it very very long !!

babel

Nov 11, 2010
Sa-ja
When did you recive your AIP cause in my case I sent both my medical and security clerance from my home country along with my app and it took exact two weeks after aip

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
babel said:
Sa-ja
When did you recive your AIP cause in my case I sent both my medical and security clerance from my home country along with my app and it took exact two weeks after aip
I am still waiting for AIP :-( ... I called today and the lady was like vegreville is assessing application received dec19... And yours was received dec 24th....

Almost but not quite...we sent medical + security clearance at the same time as well !!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babel said:

this is a great news and powerful xmas gift from CIC to you.......congratulations on second stage approval :D :D :D :D.

your local office will be Etobicoke local office since you live in north york......2-3 months since its a busy local office.you are almost done ;D ;D