01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
Jurjen said:
Maybe send a letter in advance that the passport has been requested, but that chinees authorities are working slow, as soon as the deadline comes too close.
In China, Beijing, Inland passport renew only takes 7 business the max as long as your passport will be expaired with in 6 month.

If you send with urgent request along with your documents when you apply renew, it only takes 48 hours. ofc, there will be a "additional cost", but it worth to pay for that if situation is very urgent.

Hope this helps. however, i dont suggest you indicate "chinees authorities are working slow` in the letter you are going to send to CIC, it may coz more trouble if they find out it is not the `true`reason.

Also, apply visitor visa in Beijing is 12 business days max. usually only take 5 business days if you pick up at Beijing

Hope it helps.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Jurjen said:
I'm so sorry to read that!

I would go with torontosunshine's advice: keep trying, ask for superiors (often low-end personnel is not allowed to make exceptions, superiors can) and work your way up. If that doesn't help. Let her go back to China, renew the passport there and send a scan of the passport, so you can print it and send it to Vegreville. Maybe send a letter in advance that the passport has been requested, but that chinees authorities are working slow, as soon as the deadline comes too close.

After that, she'll need to make a water-proof visa request to get back to Canada.
how is going to superiors going to help? I would imagine telling the Chinese authorities shes been here illegally is not a good idea.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
oceans_end said:
how is going to superiors going to help? I would imagine telling the Chinese authorities shes been here illegally is not a good idea.
At least she can explain that CIC process her PR application knowing that her visitor visa is expired. It's on the CIC application guide that CIC will process a Spouse/Common law / Conjugal partner even if your visas have expired but you can not work / study and no medical insurance.. And a said person can also be subject for removal out of Canada....So you take the risk.

And it's just a natural instinct for me that a person's own embassy will help in time of need when you are out of your country... My experience, I emailed our embassy if I can renew my passport even if my work permit is expired but I explain that I have my PR application sponsored by my husband currently on process.. After 3 days, the embassy replied YES I can come to our embassy and renew my passport.. I just have to bring all my documents, marriage certificate, printed e-cas update online, receipt I paid for my PR application, a letter explaining that I'm staying with my husband since we got married an am not working/not studying.

I know how your feeling right now... Goodluck!!!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
I want to thank, with my heart, hatrang, visita44, mexicanito, rjessome, torontosunshine, tozo, Jurjen, leo_liu, and oceans_end for your kind help and informative advice.

My wife is reluctant to go back to the Chinese Embassy because last time the lady was quite rude to her. She told her to prepare a detailed document listing all her activities in Canada and why she overstayed her visa. Then the leaders in the Embassy will have a meeting to discuss the situation and make a decision whether to renew her passport. This whole process will take minimum three months with no gurantee of passport renewal.

So basically my wife doesn't want to take such risk and wait for another three stressful months. I've decided to let her go back to China and get her passport renewed over there. She can then scan the new passport and email me. I'll then send it to CIC and meanwhile apply for an open work permit for her. (By the way, the CIC call agent told me that my wife is eligible for OWP but needs to be done by paper.) After she gets the work permit, she'll apply to return to Canada. The risk would be the Canadian visa office in Beijing may turn her down because she overstayed her previous visitor's visa.

So this is the process we're gonna try. If, in the end, whatever we try, she just can't come back to Canada for the landing interview, we'll just have to close the inland app and start a new one from outland.

It really sucks that this immigration thing will be haunting us for who knows how long. We're so very tired. My wife is leaving for China in about a week. It hurts that we won't be able to spend the holiday season together. We've been together for four years and never apart for any significant period.

Thank everyone again for all the help. Wish you guys have better luck.

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
Babyhangon said:
My wife is leaving for China in about a week. It hurts that we won't be able to spend the holiday season together. We've been together for four years and never apart for any significant period.
My wife works in china now. we see each other very 3 months... I totally feel your pain. hangin there tight!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
leo_liu said:
My wife works in china now. we see each other very 3 months... I totally feel your pain. hangin there tight!
Thanks, man. If she can't come back here, I'll go to China to meet with her. Bottom line is: family takes priority over anything else.

Jul 26, 2011
Babyhangon,

I think it is worth to have one more try. You are so close to the final good news!

I know at least three people here in toronto have the similar situation - overstayed their visa and had a expired passport, they all got passport renewed successfully after apply in with theAIP letter. In our case, my husband's student visa and Chinese passport both expired on 2008. We just ignored their rude attitude and filled all the document they required. The new passport came in one month later(as i know, this is the normal time for not normal renewal like us). As long as they accept your renewal application and docs, you should be ok.

If you have any questions, I can call you...

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chau01 said:
hi

At which address we shoud send updated information for Inland applications?

thanks

hello chau01,

General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

good luck

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
torontosunshine said:
Babyhangon,

I think it is worth to have one more try. You are so close to the final good news!

I know at least three people here in toronto have the similar situation - overstayed their visa and had a expired passport, they all got passport renewed successfully after apply in with theAIP letter. In our case, my husband's student visa and Chinese passport both expired on 2008. We just ignored their rude attitude and filled all the document they required. The new passport came in one month later(as i know, this is the normal time for not normal renewal like us). As long as they accept your renewal application and docs, you should be ok.

If you have any questions, I can call you...
Hi torontosunshine. We've been encouraged by your words. We'd like to talk with you on phone asap over this weekend if you don't mind. I left you a message with my phone number. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks a lot for help.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
oceans_end said:
And it's just a natural instinct for me that a person's own embassy will help in time of need when you are out of your country... My experience, I emailed our embassy if I can renew my passport even if my work permit is expired but I explain that I have my PR application sponsored by my husband currently on process.. After 3 days, the embassy replied YES I can come to our embassy and renew my passport.. I just have to bring all my documents, marriage certificate, printed e-cas update online, receipt I paid for my PR application, a letter explaining that I'm staying with my husband since we got married an am not working/not studying at all.

Passport renewal in our embassy here in Canada takes 2 months (60 days).. For sure it takes more time to renew passport when your out of your native country.. But you can send the proof to CIC that you renewed the passport..

I know how your feeling right now... Goodluck!!!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
oceans_end said:
called CIC today still doing my background check after 12 month from AIP, for the people that get AIP/DM made at the sametime, does that mean the background check is omitted? how can it take a month to do someones background check and 12 month for another person?!?
I know mine are taking * months so far. So frustating!!! ???

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,whats up there....the room is so quite .hopefully good news is coming very soon.stay positive and focus.enjoy your weekend. :D :D :D

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
tozo said:
hello guys,whats up there....the room is so quite .hopefully good news is coming very soon.stay positive and focus.enjoy your weekend. :D :D :D
HI guys. Just say hi to everybody. And it has been 5 months exactly since i got AIP. Just want to share this with those guys who are in the same boat with me. The waiting time really makes me crazy. I do not know what to say right now..... just feel so sad!!!

Oh by the way, i want to say "thank you" to LOVE YOUNG for still updating the chart for us even though you already got PR long time ago. and I also hope you guys who are still waiting are all getting good news soon!!

Have a good weekend everybody!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Ana, Gigi, Oceans etc

I called CIC to complain about they asking for again for my medicals to be done. I asked them to transfer me to the complain department. They took down my number and after two days they called me.

Some lady called Maria called me and she said my medicals are expiring in March 2012! (it was made in March 2010)

I asked her why they heck they are asking me to redo it since it has not even expired yet. I was extremely upset on the phone. I told them everything about I think about CIC, such as being ineffective, disrespectful with the applicants, not following timelines etc.

She said the IO probably asked me to redo the tests cause he/she is afraid my application will take longer to be finished than March 2012, and if it happens, it needs to be redone.

I told her it does not make any sense since my AiP was granted in April 2011 and in December it will complete the 11 months which is the timeline given by CIC. And also if I redo my medicals, CIC take MONTHS to update any info in our files and it would delay even more my application.

She said there is nothing she can do (really?) and it is up to me if I want to redo the medicals. She said in case my 2nd stage approval is granted before March 2012 it would not be necessary to be redone. So I got to wait and see. So of course I will undergo the medicals again.

I told her that it is one more example of how pathetic and disrespectful CIC is. They are asking me to go thru all the medical process again IN CASE they need the medicals again. I told it is not fair we have to pay for their inefficiency. If they take YEARS to process applications it is not our fault and we cannot pay for it. We are at their mercy.

Anyway, she was not rude on the phone and she said when my 2nd stage approval is granted that we do not need to wait for our local office to call us for the interview (which in my case it might take other 3 months after the appl. is finished). She said we can go to the border and get everything done on the spot. I didn't know that. is that correct?

Good luck to us all