Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Okay, may I ask how long ago you sent a fax to them? I am guessing they also have not contacted in anyway to say when/if they received it as you confirmed earlier by saying they didn't reply yet. Have you tried contacting CIC to see if you would be allowed to visit your local office? In the meantime you could confirm with them the fax number you sent your letter to, to make sure Calgary hadn't changed the number recently. I am confident you got it right but it is always nice to be reassured of that.

Now you already did one of the things I would have recommended which was to contact Calgary stating of the circumstances you are under. So you did right by writing a letter and faxing it to them. I do not have experience with this personally but I would like to think that if the circumstances were substantial (as it sounds to be) and were not within your control, then you should be allowed to land without them being there or at least be rescheduled for a date where your spouse could be there.

It is usually important that the spouse be there at your landing so that they can confirm some facts with both you and your spouse. At my landing my husband and I were both asked some basic but necessary questions. And my mind may have forgotten a bit but I do believe that he (being the sponsor) had to sign a document there as well. Hopefully someone else can confirm this too. It also helps the IO to know that you really are a genuine couple in that last second before agreeing to give you permanent residence. Hopefully your spouse will be able to go with you but if not (and if it is necessary for them to be there) then I would suggest requesting a reschedule for your landing appointment. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and you can go together but this is the best I feel I can provide you with. I wish I could help you more. Wish you lots of good luck. Congrats on your AIP and soon landing. Not too far now. ;)

P.S. I would also like to state that usually the letter you receive for landing is a generic form, so it could be possible to land alone. It has been done before.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
Love_Young said:
Okay, may I ask how long ago you sent a fax to them? I am guessing they also have not contacted in anyway to say when/if they received it as you confirmed earlier by saying they didn't reply yet. Have you tried contacting CIC to see if you would be allowed to visit your local office? In the meantime you could confirm with them the fax number you sent your letter to, to make sure Calgary hadn't changed the number recently. I am confident you got it right but it is always nice to be reassured of that.

Now you already did one of the things I would have recommended which was to contact Calgary stating of the circumstances you are under. So you did right by writing a letter and faxing it to them. I do not have experience with this personally but I would like to think that if the circumstances were substantial (as it sounds to be) and were not within your control, then you should be allowed to land without them being there or at least be rescheduled for a date where your spouse could be there.

It is usually important that the spouse be there at your landing so that they can confirm some facts with both you and your spouse. At my landing my husband and I were both asked some basic but necessary questions. And my mind may have forgotten a bit but I do believe that he (being the sponsor) had to sign a document there as well. Hopefully someone else can confirm this too. It also helps the IO to know that you really are a genuine couple in that last second before agreeing to give you permanent residence. Hopefully your spouse will be able to go with you but if not (and if it is necessary for them to be there) then I would suggest requesting a reschedule for your landing appointment. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and you can go together but this is the best I feel I can provide you with. I wish I could help you more. Wish you lots of good luck. Congrats on your AIP and soon landing. Not too far now. ;)
i sent the fax almost two weeks ago now and i actually called cic and they gave me the fax number and the second they did i faxed them a letter.i sent them a second fax too jus yestersday stating the same issue. but what u r saying definitely makes sense, if its beyond my control and unique as it is then maybe they could be sympathetic enough to reschedule or allow me land alone. when i called cic i asked them this exact question and they told me, "not only is it a good question, they dont know coz every office works differently" but thank you so much, i appreciate that, it helps gathering all the facts and making a decision based on a number of experiances.i will think about it all first too and make my final decision soon here and see what will work best. thanx again for the congradulatory msg.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
Love_Young said:

P.S. I would also like to state that usually the letter you receive for landing is a generic form, so it could be possible to land alone. It has been done before.
generic form u say hey, ok i see. see, the important facts to remember they have used bold highlights, and yes i have noticed that there is a possibility of a generalisation of non bold highlightened sections, but im jus guessing. thanks so much hey, wow, u might as well be a cic officer yoself!

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm.

I'm a little shocked and a little angry. I wanted to come back because I had a few people say, don't leave or be upset. I also wanted to share my experience and happiness with the people on here. But seeing my posts removed for ? I'm rethinking that decision. I made my comments not to fight but to come to the defense of someone who was being harassed. I was not being immature, argumentative or rude. I was telling someone to "stop being mean."

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
californiajeninca, you're not alone. A lot of people can tell. I read everything, even searched back for all posts from some people. And I know you're not unreasonable. Be cheer up and thanks for being around to support the latter like us :-*.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
californiajeninca said:
Hmmm.

I'm a little shocked and a little angry. I wanted to come back because I had a few people say, don't leave or be upset. I also wanted to share my experience and happiness with the people on here. But seeing my posts removed for ? I'm rethinking that decision. I made my comments not to fight but to come to the defense of someone who was being harassed. I was not being immature, argumentative or rude. I was telling someone to "stop being mean."
I second hatrang!! And your comments and insights throughout the forum are appreciated! Don't go! We appreciate your support :)

greenleader

Nov 18, 2011
I am new to this forum.....refererred by a friend to join. But as I read the comments and threads , it looks to me that there are a few bullies and not so nice people here.....that "bash" others and so forth !!! I thought this is where mature people get together to have conversation about immigration matters , and leave the personal bickering and attitudes outside. I just want to ask if anyone here is "The Boss" , because then they have taken that upon themselves............because this is a forum of equality and information sharing. So let's get on with the issue of immigration and QA in these matters.
Amyways ...... I am here to find out about immigration.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hello greenleader and welcome! :)

I am so sorry you feel that way. I try very hard to keep this an inviting and comfortable space to communicate and bond with people. I have been away too much lately since starting my first job so I haven't been able to keep as much of an eye on it as I would like to. I hope you will stay with us though. "The Boss" in terms of the whole forum would be a lawyer. Can't think of his name at the top of my head right now. And I guess you could consider me the leader of this thread since I created it.

What questions do you have and are they related to the inland or outland procedure?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
HELP!!!

My ecas says (I am the sponsor):
We received your application to sponsor xxx (my wife's name) on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 17, 2011.
We sent you a letter on November 17, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Wife's ecas says:
We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 26, 2011.
We received the requested information on February 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Can someone please tell me what this means? And why my wife's ecas still has no update? Thanks a bunch in advance for help.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
californiajeninca, you're not alone. A lot of people can tell. I read everything, even searched back for all posts from some people. And I know you're not unreasonable. Be cheer up and thanks for being around to support the latter like us :-*.
justina said:
I second hatrang!! And your comments and insights throughout the forum are appreciated! Don't go! We appreciate your support :)
Thanks, hatrang and justina. :-* I try to impart a little of my experience and hope it helps someone to not feel like they are alone. And if what I say does help, then that's all I can ask for. I don't think I was wrong at all. However, its done and its nothing that a little crochet and laundry won't cure. Yes, laundry isn't all that bad, its putting away the dishes and cleaning the toilet I hate.

***I just wanted to let you 2 know that I really appreciate what you said, it made me feel better by lots <3***

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Babyhangon said:
HELP!!!

My ecas says (I am the sponsor):
We received your application to sponsor xxx (my wife's name) on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 17, 2011.
We sent you a letter on November 17, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Wife's ecas says:
We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 26, 2011.
We received the requested information on February 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Can someone please tell me what this means? And why my wife's ecas still has no update? Thanks a bunch in advance for help.
Hey friends, I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a hint what's going on with my wife's case. We're so anxious now.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Babyhangon

From what I can see it means you have AIP. Congratulations. When you log onto eCas does it say "InProcess" or "Decision made"? You probably have second stage as well but I think the time between updates is a few days. Wait a day or 2 and check. I say, start getting ready for the rest of your life, it'll come at you fast.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
californiajeninca said:
Hi Babyhangon

From what I can see it means you have AIP. Congratulations. When you log onto eCas does it say "InProcess" or "Decision made"? You probably have second stage as well but I think the time between updates is a few days. Wait a day or 2 and check. I say, start getting ready for the rest of your life, it'll come at you fast.
Thank you so much, californiajeninca. When I log onto my wife's ecas, (she is the applicant), it still shows "in process." when I log to my own ecas, i see two columns - 1st one says "decision made" for sponsorship application status; 2nd says "not available" for PR application status. I am confused!!! does it mean CIC approved me as her sponsor but hasn't approved her PR app yet?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
sorry to bug again and again, friends. we're just so nervous right now but unable to call CIC.

anyone has similar experience? I mean, sponsor's ecas shows "decision made" for sponsorship application but applicant's ecas still says "in process"? is it good news or bad news?

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Babyhangon said:
sorry to bug again and again, friends. we're just so nervous right now but unable to call CIC.

anyone has similar experience? I mean, sponsor's ecas shows "decision made" for sponsorship application but applicant's ecas still says "in process"? is it good news or bad news?
It means they have made a decision on Part 1 of the application, the sponsorship. You have been approved as a sponsor and now CIC will proceed on your wife's application for PR. AIP means she can apply for an open work permit, or will receive it soon if it was sent in with the app. You should receive a letter or phone call soon stating this!

Congrats!