Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Does anybody know what the background checks are for? or What do they actually check?

I've been calling several times and different agetns have told differents things.

On July one told "everthing is ok, we are jut waiting for somebody to open your file and lan d you."

Then a month past by and I called again. This time the agent told me my background checks were still in process"

Again, time pass by, and I keept calling. This time I was told my background checks were completed and yhr only thing missing was the background checks from my country of origin. That makes no sense I submitted the clearance on may this year.

Finally, I ordered my FOSS notes and I found out my clearance from country of origin is being recieved on may, CSIS has passed and my RCMP has requested gon july this year. I submitted my figerprints (electronically) on April. I'm going nuts...

Love_Young you mention before that RCMP check takes about 4 months. Should requested another FOSS notes? Is been a month since I got the last one. What do you think?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlanders friends, (Especially those who apply in 2010 June)

CEC & GiGi I am also in a same boat still waiting for my second stage approval after 7 months since I got my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011. My total processing time is
10 months first stage + 7 months still waiting for second stage = 17 months

My time line is as under:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
pepe261 said:
Hello everybody!

I am sorry for not being around in a while. So at the end I was able to work once I got my OWP.... and I have been working 12 hours a day... I am so tired that the only thing I want to do when I get home is to take a shower and go to sleep.

Big hugs and thank you for your support!

Pepe
Good for you, working that is... congratulations for both of you... now lets follow la celeste!!! ;)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Mark_Anna: it's not necessary to post the same eCas status every few days, we know you're still awaiting news about the 2nd stage. Don't worry, it'll come! ;)

@PePe: 12 hours every day!? That's pretty intensive. I know how it's like, I've had many long days like that too. At least it helps you to stay occupied until your landing interview. :D

@Gigi: CIC is a mystery sometimes. You could order the FOSS notes, but remember: requesting any information will not speed up the processing. You only know the details of the status of the application a bit better, but you'll still need to wait the same time for the application and background checks to be processed.

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
I received a letter telling me the process had finished. They also let me to pay landing fee, two photos, correct the info in landing paper. I mailed it to them thereafter.
I hope it all finished and the landing interview coming soon.

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
tplink1357 said:
I received a letter telling me the process had finished. They also let me to pay landing fee, two photos, correct the info in landing paper. I mailed it to them thereafter.
I hope it all finished and the landing interview coming soon.
what did u mail? aren't we supposed to do all above at the landing interview?

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
AnnaLin said:
when you received the letter, there is an envelope inside, you mail all the stuff using that envelope.
they said you have to mail them in 5 business days

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
tplink1357 said:
when you received the letter, there is an envelope inside, you mail all the stuff using that envelope.
they said you have to mail them in 5 business days
having not landed yet, how could you have the landing paper on hand? or how could you correct anything?

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Angus said:
abc - I can't recommend anyone as I had mine done in Victoria, but here is a list of the Designated Medical Practitioners that are permitted to do Immigration medicals.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2042&ProvID=15210&ProvinceName=British%20Columbia&CountryName=Canada
Thank you very much Angus...

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
LuckyJinx said:
Hi there,

I went to see Dr. Reznek, Stephen in Burnaby. Very good doctor and knows his stuff when it comes to immigration, you should def. check him out

Reznek Stephen Dr

Phone :(604) 435-5585
Address :
Suite 110, 4980 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H4L1

They also have Radiology in the building for your chest X-Ray
thx a lot LuckyJinx. i will call them today~~

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
tozo said:
well abc3896, the doctor will send the medical result to CIC and you will have to send cic a prove that medical is done. you will have send copies of receipt of your medicals to the cic with cover letter explaining why you have redo the medical again . you should in all your identifcation eg your client ID,date of birth etc to the following address

Case Processing Centre
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

highlight the envelope with a marker :important attached to file ASAP

HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK
thx a lot tozo. but do i need to write my client ID on the envelop, or i need to write it in the letter? and do i also need to attach my passport photocopy??

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
hey guys. i am so speechless about myself. i wanna go to do the medical test. but i just got fever last night. so should i make a appointment

tommorrow or i need to wait?! 2011 is really a nightmare to me...... i feel i will explode!!!!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Don't worry about the fever, you can't get turned down because of that. ;)
But for battling your virus more effectively, I would give my body some rest before doing a medical. You can call anyways to schedule it ahead.

abc3896 said:
but do i need to write my client ID on the envelop, or i need to write it in the letter? and do i also need to attach my passport photocopy??
Never write your client ID# on the envelope, that's privacy sensitive information and not for the mail man's eyes. Just write a cover letter with your client ID, your address, date of birth and everything important. On the outside of the envelope write: "IMPORTANT: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP." Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

AnnaLin said:
Every local office has a certain freedom to make own arrangements. Where some offices ask immigrants to bring everything to the interview, some offices ask to send some stuff in advance.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Jurjen said:
Don't worry about the fever, you can't get turned down because of that. ;)
But for battling your virus more effectively, I would give my body some rest before doing a medical. You can call anyways to schedule it ahead.
Never write your client ID# on the envelope, that's privacy sensitive information and not for the mail man's eyes. Just write a cover letter with your client ID, your address, date of birth and everything important. On the outside of the envelope write: "IMPORTANT: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP." Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

Every local office has a certain freedom to make own arrangements. Where some offices ask immigrants to bring everything to the interview, some offices ask to send some stuff in advance.
Thx a lot Jurjen. That is very helpful. But for the address do I need to write both addresses?because my home address and mailing address are different.