+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, i will land in Ottawa too.
Just wonder that is there one landing day every month in Ottawa?
Really hope at least can land in Dec.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
for me anyways, when they tell you things will take 6-8 weeks or even 8 months or any kind of estimation of time...they're usually accurate. After AIP, it took exactly 8 months for my DM and visitor's visas took exactly the time it said on the website.

I've seen people go from 2 months after AIP to getting DM, but I really dont know what you gotta do to get that haha.

I also think Ottawa is known for being pretty slow in terms of booking interviews. It seems what they do is they wait for a certain amount of immigrants and just book them for 1 date. Hence the 6-8 weeks. I'm sure other offices do that too, but not a whole lot.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
for me anyways, when they tell you things will take 6-8 weeks or even 8 months or any kind of estimation of time...they're usually accurate. After AIP, it took exactly 8 months for my DM and visitor's visas took exactly the time it said on the website.

I've seen people go from 2 months after AIP to getting DM, but I really dont know what you gotta do to get that haha.

I also think Ottawa is known for being pretty slow in terms of booking interviews. It seems what they do is they wait for a certain amount of immigrants and just book them for 1 date. Hence the 6-8 weeks. I'm sure other offices do that too, but not a whole lot.
Hi CrazyLucy,

Did ur ecas status change into In Process from DM, when u got the landing letter? Some people said that it will be changed.
Thx!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mingming said:
Not yet :( I think both of us will be next.
But i am worrying that there is no inland interview every month, and my visa will be expired in Dec.
And a lot of people said ur ecas changed into in process, means u will get inland letter soon.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
sunshine2012 said:
Hi CrazyLucy,

Did ur ecas status change into In Process from DM, when u got the landing letter? Some people said that it will be changed.
Thx!
nope. Mine didnt change at all. I think e-cas can be a little buggy for some people. I've been on this site for close to 3 years and ive never heard of that going on.

If you're worried about your work visa or visitor's visa expiring, dont worry. You can always just send in your visa, and hopefully they havent processed it yet, and you can cancel as soon as you land and get your money back.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
nope. Mine didnt change at all. I think e-cas can be a little buggy for some people. I've been on this site for close to 3 years and ive never heard of that going on.

If you're worried about your work visa or visitor's visa expiring, dont worry. You can always just send in your visa, and hopefully they havent processed it yet, and you can cancel as soon as you land and get your money back.
Thank you CrazyLucy,

My ecas didnt change too. Soon it is ur landing day.
Happy Halloween Day!

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
sunshine2012 said:
But i am worrying that there is no inland interview every month, and my visa will be expired in Dec.
And a lot of people said ur ecas changed into in process, means u will get inland letter soon.

I have called CIC and they said it takes 6-8 weeks for you to get the letter. So dont worry about that. You may also call CIC and ask them whether your file has sent to Ottawa or not.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mingming said:
I have called CIC and they said it takes 6-8 weeks for you to get the letter. So dont worry about that. You may also call CIC and ask them whether your file has sent to Ottawa or not.
When i called CIC about my DM, they told me that my files have been sent to Ottawa office right away on the same day of DM.
I understood that it will take 6-8 weeks, but worry them to arrange my landing in next Jan. But CrazyLucy said i can apply for visa extent any time before the expiration and cancel it after landing.
Btw, just dont like waiting and waiting....:)

Happy Halloween Day to every one!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Id say to go ahead and extend your visa around the week of it going to expire.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi CrazyLucy,

Could u tell me the landing interview photo size, especially the head size in the pic.
I wanna take pics first :)

Thx!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have took the pics before getting the landing letter, haha.
And today there is still no letter. Mingming you?

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
CrazyLucy said:
Finally got my landing date letter today!

I'm going to be landing November 7th!

Congratulations Crazylucy!