+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

gstar

Oct 18, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has received a letter from CIC scarborough recently and how long did it take. I have been waiting about 5 weeks now.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Hi everyone, I just checked ecas and it says a decision has been made and you will be contacted. Is this AIP? It states nothing about medical results or anything. I sent in two updates one revised application because I forgot to do the N/A on the applications. I also sent in more pics and cards and letters from friends and family. CIC never requested any info from me. See my case is a bit complicated, my husband is a failed refugee claimant January 2011. We met in 2008 when he was here as a visitor. They picked him up for overstaying in May 2009 after we had been together from May 2008 he came here in March 2008. The lawyer advised him to file a refugee claim since he had a valid claim based on a threat to his life in his home country, ultimately denied. Anyways, I was told by a lawyer that we would most likely have to attend an interview for the spousal sponsorship looks like we might have bypassed that?

We received your application for permanent residence on November 26, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2011.

We received the requested information on February 18, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on March 30, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Good luck everyone on your apps!

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Corrine said:
Hi everyone, I just checked ecas and it says a decision has been made and you will be contacted. Is this AIP? It states nothing about medical results or anything. I sent in two updates one revised application because I forgot to do the N/A on the applications. I also sent in more pics and cards and letters from friends and family. CIC never requested any info from me. See my case is a bit complicated, my husband is a failed refugee claimant January 2011. We met in 2008 when he was here as a visitor. They picked him up for overstaying in May 2009 after we had been together from May 2008 he came here in March 2008. The lawyer advised him to file a refugee claim since he had a valid claim based on a threat to his life in his home country, ultimately denied. Anyways, I was told by a lawyer that we would most likely have to attend an interview for the spousal sponsorship looks like we might have bypassed that?

We received your application for permanent residence on November 26, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2011.

We received the requested information on February 18, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on March 30, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Good luck everyone on your apps!

That sounds like AIP... congrats, we are on the same boat... I guess your app was the next to be approved after mine... a few other people were sent to local offices so I guess we are the lucky ones... It took like 4 days for me to receive the letters so it is good news...

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on November 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on October 26, 2011 to xx xxxx, xxxxxx, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

YIPPEEE!!! I already sent my fbi prints and such to them with my application so hopefully I will have both AIP and second stage. Fingers crossed. I haven't paid my right of perm. resid. fee yet but what is the process for "landing" if you are inland? TWCHU CHECK YOUR ECAS!!

Jurjen said:
Go to the nearest office and explain (or if there's no office close to you: call). They can either explain in details why and how, or they can help you to correct any mistakes. Your boy friend most likely needs to be there with you. Canada is kind of paranoid when it comes to spouses dealing with the other's taxes (or any other money-related stuff).
We are going to go next week and get this straightened out. Those people in the tax office are crazy plus that dumb girl at HR block probably f**d our $H** up. :-| We got another notice today saying my husband was married in 2009 and made over $40,000. LMAO! @!%$^!!! <--not!

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey all,

I just callled CIC and they told me application has been transferred to a local office in scarborough but they also tell me that my OWP has been approved. and a OWP letter has been sent to me yesterday.. My ecas still wasnt updated...anyone can tell me if got AIP or not?

Thanks.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
Hey all,

I just callled CIC and they told me application has been transferred to a local office in scarborough but they also tell me that my OWP has been approved. and a OWP letter has been sent to me yesterday.. My ecas still wasnt updated...anyone can tell me if got AIP or not?

Thanks.
I'm glad your OWP was sent! I'm not sure what the steps are when its transferred to a local office but don't worry if you have to go for an interview. You will do fine and you will get aIP. I know it and I am cheering for you! ;D

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all you early November-ers! Any letters in the mail? What about landing interviews? I'd like to know your updates to gauge what the turn around time is for letter to interview to pr card. Have a great weekend all!

Decembers, you're next!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
californiajeninca said:
We received your application for permanent residence on November 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on October 26, 2011 to xx xxxx, xxxxxx, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congrats! You got AiP and second stage at the same day! Get ready for your landing interview! :D
If you haven't paid the fee Right for PR yet, wait until your landing interview invitation comes. You probably need to pay it at the landing.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
twchu said:
Hey all,

Thanks.
It sounds like you got AiP and second stage too. Congratulations! ECas usually takes 2-3 days to be updated.

Mexicanito
Franpich
Bluesky2010
tifanjo
Any updates for you guys on eCas?

Looks like we're going into the 11 months.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I will be sending proofs next week. I just printed gazillion pictures from facebook, I even asked my aunt from the Philippines to scan the cards we sent to them on their bdays! I also asked our friends to write a letter stating that they know us and that our relationship is genuine.

and is this the EDmonton office address?

9700 Jasper Ave. Suite 240 Canada Place Edmonton , AB. t5j 4c3? thanks again!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
angtao said:
Hey guys,I just have a question for you more experienced folks.

When u sent in additional documents, how long did it take to show up on ecas? Did it show up when u got aip or when they opened up the additional docs and attached them to your file?

Ly or anyone can answer this question.

Thanks guys
Hi Angtao

I sent my additional docs at the end of this July and I got AIP at the end of Sep but there is still nothing showing on my Ecas about the additional docs.

I called CIC last month and the lady told me they received my additional docs already since my officer has already changed my son's name for me (that's what I sent on July) but she can't tell why this info has not shown on the Ecas.

Sorry I can't really answer your question...hope my little experience can help..

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
coldgirl said:
Thank you guys so much for your replies.

Californiajeninca: Thats funny you wanted to send your cake. We still have a piece of ours, maybe we should send it in, lol. When I sent in my application I put what they asked for in the application and thats all. I really didnt feel like I had to prove anything. And that was a BIG MISTAKE!!!

annabruce, so heres our history:

We met in Nova Scotia in 09 where I was studying(on a student visa.) I didnt like it there, so I moved to Toronto a semester later, a couple weeks later, my husband moved cause he didnt want to do the long distance thing. We had already decided to get married but alot later but because of our circumstances, we got married.( I didnt wanna live together before marriage). So exactly six months after our very first date we got married. There are alot of things they probably were suspicious about: we got married too soon, no wedding(it was at city hall) but my in laws threw us a reception a few months later, we are from different races, we didnt include enough evidence.
Please let me, if I could add anything that would help my case. Thank you again.
Hi Coldgirl

I'm sorry to hear that you are required more evidence for your app. My story is a little similar as yours, so I'd like to share with you what I sent to them if it can help you a little.

I was an international student since Nov 2007 and I met my bf online at Feb 2009. We met in person after chatting online around a week. I was still studying in Vancouver at that time so we visit each other every weekend and talked on phone everyday. I moved in with him June 2009 when I finished college and been living together until now.

What I provided to them

lots of telephone bills (call histories to prove how we keep in touch when we were not together)
some trips' pics
x'mas, family party things pics with his family
pics when he visit my hometown
pics about our home (I provided some pics about the garden we built together...or something we did together at home, even cooking pics)
lots of ferry tickets when we visited each other

also I wrote 3-4 pages "essay" for the last question (sorry I forgot the application #). In the essay, I told lots of things in detail, such as how we met, why we decided dating, what made us to live together...etc. I also told CIC that my bf and I actually wanted to live in my hometown at the beginning but we couldn't for some reasons, so we came back Canada to apply PR.

That's my story, hope it helps, best wishes for you

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Jurjen! I am really happy so I may have some chocolate in celebration.

Can you pay with a CC when you're there? Anyone is free to answer so don't hold back :)

Bluesky2010

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
I got a phone call today from Canada immigration. The woman on the phone asked to have my fiancee's phone number. I gave it and she said she hadn't been able to get ahold of him but needed to confirm our address since we'd moved and I'd updated his address in ecas but not my own. I confirmed that we both lived in the same spot. She said she'd be sending us a letter and she was going to give him APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Our ecas hasn't been updated yet. it still says in process. She mentioned that we'd need to send in his federal police certificate now but he can apply for his open work permit.

Our application was received Nov 29, and they started processing Jan 12. I made a mistake before and you have me on the spreadsheet as Nov 26.

AIP baby! AIP! :) :) :D ;D :p

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
OMG, so muzh good news everywhere. November went by so quickly. Get ready December folks! Once we get thourgh December we will be on 2011. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LY, where u at girl? How is the new job going? I see now that you are too busy for us. Just kidding.
Can we get a chart update when you have time? Lot's of new members too.