Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
Anyone who's sponsored by a common-law partner? I just want to know what are the risks of getting refused ???, and does anyone had a problem because of the sponsor's bad credit history? please do share your experience.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
threa said:
Anyone who's sponsored by a common-law partner? I just want to know what are the risks of getting refused ???, please share your experience with the PR processing.
it is the same level of risk as married folk.

Every case is individual, provide a solid case and you will be approved.
Processing takes ages, be prepared for a test of your patience.
Good luck.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Baloo said:
it is the same level of risk as married folk.

Every case is individual, provide a solid case and you will be approved.
Processing takes ages, be prepared for a test of your patience.
Good luck.
Mmm. Yes and no. Married folk only have to show they're married genuinely. Whilst common-law has to show proof that they have been together for a whole year, plus a genuine relationship, which can call for a lot more paper trails and more legal paperwork. As for the 'risks' people get turned down mostly because they do not show correct amount of proof. Where are you from? How old are you two?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
Mmm. Yes and no. Married folk only have to show they're married genuinely. Whilst common-law has to show proof that they have been together for a whole year, plus a genuine relationship, which can call for a lot more paper trails and more legal paperwork. As for the 'risks' people get turned down mostly because they do not show correct amount of proof. Where are you from? How old are you two?
Plenty of married folk are rejected, because they assume that being married gets them into Canada without any problems.
I would suggest that a greater percentage of married couples are refused.
Clearly it is harder to prove that a marriage is genuine if you have only been together for three months.

Irrespective of all the different issues (that can be argued about all day), overall the risk is the same, you have to convince someone that you are being truthful.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
threa said:
Anyone who's sponsored by a common-law partner? I just want to know what are the risks of getting refused ???, and does anyone had a problem because of the sponsor's bad credit history? please do share your experience.
Hi, I'm sponsored by a common-law partner and I'm still waiting for the result but I can't really tell what the risks of getting refused are, as other members mentioned, every case is different and I think it also depends on who processing your case. My personal experience / suggestion is to prepare as much as you can, although people always say "quality is more important than quantity" but I think they are both important. When I fill the form, providing evidence, the most difficult part for me is how to make the officer understand the story between me and my bf and how to make the officer understand/believe we are not being together for immigrating to Canada.

About credit history, sorry I have no idea about that. I "guess" it might not be a problem as long as the sponsor is not bankrupt. I don't think CIC have the time to check the credit things. However, it's just my "guess"....

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
CrazyLucy said:
Im from the Philippines, 33yrs old and worked here in Canada for 3 yrs before we submitted the PR application. He's 33 yrs old too And white Canadian. We submitted the sponsorship right after we turned a yr of living together and we have a 10 month old baby

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
threa said:
Im from the Philippines, 33yrs old and worked here in Canada for 3 yrs before we submitted the PR application. He's 33 yrs old too And white Canadian. We submitted the sponsorship right after we turned a yr of living together and we have a 10 month old baby
You should be fine. Provide the birth certificate, bank statements, family cards, letters from family members talking about your relationship ect ect.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
threa said:
I am sponsoring my common-law partner, we have a 13 month old. We received first stage approval back in April. This is where they examine the relationship ect. We are just waiting on my spouses second stage approval which is background checks ect. My spouse has his SIN and health card now and is also working. Credit rating is not a factor when determining eligibility for sponsorship. Just make sure you show enough evidence that you are in a relationship. We sent things such as Mortgage papers, bills with both our names on it, letters from friends and family, a few pictures, receipts for joint purchases, and insurance papers. We also like you sent our application about a year after our common-law date. But as others have mentioned each case is different. I think you will be fine.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
TeresaLynn said:
My local office is Hamilton. What stage are you in abc? We are almost at the end. They requested police certs, i am sure they would of asked us for medicals if they needed them.
Oh I am in the 2nd stage. I dont know. Mine has been expired. If they need it why they did not request it with Aip letter? Anyways hopefully you can get good news soon.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contac
t us.

!!!!!!

What is this? Do I have both stages approval??????!??

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
If i send additional supporting documents, would they actually compile it together with the previous sent docs or they'll just disregard it? Anybody here did the same thing like sending addtl docs and had confirmed that it was added to the previous one sent? Because i read on this topic that if u sent the OWP not together with the sponsorship app, they would not consider it anymore even u attach a letter stating "to be processed together with the Sponsorship App which was previously sebt" like what the Agent instructed me to do :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sandra_85 said:

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contac
t us.

!!!!!!

Yeah, you got both stages. Congrats. :)

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations sandra_85!

Dear Inlanders, I landed last week in Vancouver. The officer said that I have to keep my COPR very well and I will need the stamp on my passport if I want to extend my pr later. I heard that they open two days -Monday and Wednesday- for the landing interview in Vancouver. It took about 2 hours for us to get the COPR and there were more people behind us waiting when we left.

It's already the middle of August, can you believe it!
I hope you all are doing well and Good luck to those who are waiting for good news. :)

“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope”
-Alexandre Dumas Père

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
congratulations Sandra!
my timeline is exactly same as you, but i hvn't got AIP yet.
i received my CSQ in july. are u in Quebec Province?
time does go quick, except waiting this PR thing!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
sandra_85 said:

t us.

!!!!!!

I think so. Congrats!!! ;)