Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
murphy said:
hello to all....got my AIP last week of july but untill now no news from CIC,,,do i need to call them and ask what is the situation?some got thiers faster than i...im so frustrating bec im planning to go back home this SEPTEMBER.is there anybody here same with my case? thanks..
Hello, murphy. Well we could help you out more if we knew your exact dates your application was received by Vegreville and when you got AIP. Also, whether they requested additional documents from you or not. There is no guaranteed timeline for the second portion of your application. Some are getting approved for both AIP/PR at the same time but some are also waiting over a year and more. It is just dependent on your own application and the amount of backlog at your local CIC office. If you have been only waiting since this past June then it is normal. CIC has an average time of 9 months for the second part but as mentioned that is dependent on your own application and the local CIC office. You could be waiting much shorter or longer. If you haven't requested them yet or not, I would recommend requesting FOSS notes.

Latvian said:
Thanks for update Love Young!

Looks inspiring to me :D hope to hear smth from CIC this or next week.
You're very welcome! ;D I was just about to mention how great the timelines are looking now. They are the quickest timeline it has been in a long while. Good luck Latvian. I am routing for you.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
For those who has been requested additional information after an application was filed, could you list what types of information was requested? This will help perspective applicants better prepare their application and shorten the process time if possible.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
hey guys. so nice to see you guys get good news.

I have two questions

1. how long are the open work permit they issue you guys? they gave me 2 years...

2. how do i apply for the health care card?

thx

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
abc3896 said:
hey guys. so nice to see you guys get good news.

I have two questions

1. how long are the open work permit they issue you guys? they gave me 2 years...

2. how do i apply for the health care card?

thx
1. Mine was given for two years as well but some have gotten a year before.
2. What province do you live in? It would depend on that. Here in the province I live in, you can get it immediately the day you get a work permit, study permit, or COPR from landing. But it isn't that way for all provinces.

P.S. What day did you get AIP? I have you for July 4th but I am not certain that is right.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
SMA.DE said:
For those who has been requested additional information after an application was filed, could you list what types of information was requested? This will help perspective applicants better prepare their application and shorten the process time if possible.
I recieved an update information form, for my address, certificate and work history. Just fill everything out carefully, I left some of the information out.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Love_Young said:
1. Mine was given for two years as well but some have gotten a year before.
2. What province do you live in? It would depend on that. Here in the province I live in, you can get it immediately the day you get a work permit, study permit, or COPR from landing. But it isn't that way for all provinces.

P.S. What day did you get AIP? I have you for July 4th but I am not certain that is right.
thx LY
I live in vancouver i will figure it out on line i think. oh you are right it was July 4th. thank you so much for keeping updating the chart.

you are so nice LY!!!!!!!!!!!!

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
oceans_end said:
my wife got her AIP in Jan, they requested additional info in may which we send right back the 2nd day.... no word on anything :-\
hi oceans_end. can you tell me what kind of additional info they requested? thx~~

adubrovs

Jun 22, 2011
They asked us for additional address info during the 6 month that they were processing the application and a UK police certificate.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone;
I am sorry I was away for some time. We were in a process of moving to a different city and a new life, and it took us sometime to settle down and get organized.

I was away from the internet for a bit of time, because no technicians are available to hook-up the service.

Congratulations for the people who got approved recently, and I hope it will be a short process for the rest who are still waiting.

Love-Young I hope you are doing okay right now after being sick lately.
Lovely_20 how are you coping with the pregnancy you are almost there.

I just want to share with you that I have done my landing interview on June 30th and I am now over with the process. The interview was really simple and straight forward. I am now waiting for my PR so I can get a SIN. I really want to work.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
abc3896 said:
hi oceans_end. can you tell me what kind of additional info they requested? thx~~
to update information form the standard one on the website, for my address, certificate and work history for the past 2 years. I send my May 14th, and the call center still said they havdnt "opened it" yet

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
SMA.DE said:
We just received a request (dated june8th) to update adress and job history , we had left some period unexplained in our original form.

So people make sure to cover all date !!

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What name do they put in the PR card? is it based on the work permit or passport? i'm missing a letter in my name cuz its too long. when i came here for the first time as an international student, the officer told me that he had to cut my name. but its been a trouble now cuz all my papers miss the last letter...

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
whiteapple said:
What name do they put in the PR card? is it based on the work permit or passport? i'm missing a letter in my name cuz its too long. when i came here for the first time as an international student, the officer told me that he had to cut my name. but its been a trouble now cuz all my papers miss the last letter...
The field length for first and middle name is 15 characters (including spaces) anything else gets truncated. For the last name I think it is 20 characters.

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
My landing and my day :-* :-* :-*
The landing interview was scheduled at the CIC Scarborough office at 8:15am this morning. We arrived, went to the 3rd floor and waited at the front waiting area until an immigration officer came out with an announcement. She asked for those people waiting to land to come into the court room. Half of the people waiting went inside. The other half was there to write the citizenship test.

Once everyone was seated, the officer spent a few minutes explaining the procedure of the landing interview, and she showed us the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) that we will be getting. She went over the information printed on the COPR and asked that we notify her immediately if we find any mistakes. There was a second officer present helping out with the interviews.

After the explanation, the two officers handed out the COPR forms. Then the interviews were underway. I was surprised that the interviews were conducted in the same court room in front of everyone else who were waiting.

When it came to our turn, we went up to the front of the courtroom and sat in front of the officer. The lady was very nice and courteous. She asked me my passport and photo. She also asked my wife for a photo ID. Then she asked me the following questions:

1. Do you have any dependent children living in or outside Canada?

2. Are you still living at the address shown on the COPR?

3. Have you committed any crimes or have been deported by Immigration Canada?

After that, the officer asked me to sign the COPR and she attached the photo to the top copy. She then filed that away and gave us the bottom copy. She congratulated us and said everything is done.
Thanks to god