Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
Sorry for not seeing the logic in this. They're currently working on applications received roughly 9 months ago.
Your opinion is right Jurjen, the application will never decrease, same amount and could be more. And at the end of strike, the stamped date received will overflow inside CIC will work overtime. It's just this time, they received less then they got time for clearances. And more, the clearance sale is buy one take one, 2 stages approved at same time. Overtime too. I checked my ECas at 3am. still in Process and at 7am..E tracker sent me an email It was updated by CIC. We pray they do clearances sale to all 2010-2011 applicants with buy one take one. Smile...your timeline is up soon ;) ;D

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Well... "Soon"... They still need to work on September and the beginning of October, before my application pops up.

The CIC website got updated (probably yesterday afternoon). "working on applications received on August 30, 2010" They jumped another 8 days forward!

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
Well... "Soon"... They still need to work on September and the beginning of October, before my application pops up.

The CIC website got updated (probably yesterday afternoon). "working on applications received on August 30, 2010" They jumped another 8 days forward!
As we see, each rely on case to case basis, reason could be: CIC IO handling the case, complete & status of application,condition timing(now CanPost on strike),blessings of luck from above.It's like CIC call center agent, some sympathetic to us willing to spend time with our enquiries, some are #$ @ %&, you swear not to call them back again. Now, Smile Jurgen.."soon" along the way.

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarahLDC said:
Congrats YYI, thats both stage approval. Same boat here, we got news from Ecas and full details is in mail yet and CanPost on strike still. By the way, when we call CIC, they said during strike, they sent by registered but same issue, they're on strike. Where's your local office? Im from Edmonton.
Hi sarahLDC,
Did you get your letter?I am living in Hamilton,not sure where is my local office. My wife told me that she had landed in Buffalo two years ago,what‘s the different about the landing area?

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyi said:
Hi sarahLDC,
Did you get your letter?I am living in Hamilton,not sure where is my local office. My wife told me that she had landed in Buffalo two years ago,what‘s the different about the landing area?
You mean local landing office? As I read in this forum, its more organize with guidance instuctions and someone will guide you through another room for sin, healthcard, benefits etc. if landing in group & if the local CIC office is busier than other local CIC offices. No letter. Hubby called CIC call agent said they sent thru registered mail? How and when? Its a lockout. Oh, your wife was processed outland

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyi said:
Hi sarahLDC,
Hey! YYI, that's way too COOL!
I live in Hamilton, too ;D It's always good to know that someone under the same situation as me.

I guess the Hamilton CIC is located in 55 Bay St N Hamilton, ON L8R 3P7.
You will know the answer soon. :p Anyway, Congrats again!

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Just wondering: can the sponsor and the applicant leave Canada after the application is submitted and come back to the country before CIC starts processing the applicantion (there seems to be a two months time interval)? any risk of being refused because of this?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
There's always a stamp for the date the application is received, if you get denied access to Canada after (even before the official process date), they could cancel the application. No garantees though.

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
hi my dear friends

i send my inland app to vegreville at sep 22 2010, so my time is up. but the situation i have is i don't currently have a status in canada.
they refused my visitor recored app few month age, of cause i send restoration app right after,but according the cic web site,they still working on application received on December 31,2010
so i don't think i will get my status back on time when they doing my inland app.
i guss they probably will transfer me to local offcie, then i have to wait for 6 month for a AIP interview, right?

you guys must know more then me,can anyone tell me something about this

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I'm starting to get really really antsy. After seeing someone who applied on Sept. 9th receive info last week I can help but think when my time will be up. I had to apply through Quebec so i am still waiting for my CSQ, but since there is no mail service I won't even know when it is issued....ahhh so annoying!

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jennifer0827 said:
Hey! YYI, that's way too COOL!
I live in Hamilton, too ;D It's always good to know that someone under the same situation as me.

I guess the Hamilton CIC is located in 55 Bay St N Hamilton, ON L8R 3P7.
You will know the answer soon. :p Anyway, Congrats again!
Hi jennifer, thanks for your information.
I will let you guys know if got a call or the letter from CIC.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Well hopefully the strike will not last long. And thank you so much that means a lot. :) I am trying my best to get better thats for sure.

Oh man what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it. About the line up and you being surprised by so many immigrating to Halifax, I could say that opposite for here, I was the ONLY one. Lol. Of course not the only but for that day it seemed I was. I wish I had gotten my passport stamped just for prosperity reasons because even when you think of years ago people immigrating, they still had a stamp or visa, all I have though is that flimsy piece of paper they call a COPR. Haha. Anyway, I love the part that you actually told him to say "Welcome to Canada" that was genius. I mean that brightened my day, I had to share that with hubby. Haha. What was his reaction? Halifax must be more used to it than St. John's because everyone says their landing took 15 minutes but mine took like 25-30 minutes. I am glad you had such a smooth process. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. You are now a PR and just in time for Canada Day soon! Let's keep in touch and maybe we could exchange email or FB sometime. I just want to say CONGRATS again, I am very happy for you!
Hey L_Y, I would love to exchange FB and emails!
Thank you for your kind words!

Yeah, I was very surprised when they told us that we would get our passports stamped however there's no use for the stamp. We can't even use it to get the SIN card.
Regarding the IO, I waited until the last minute to ask him to say that. I was honestly just waiting him to say: You are now a Landed Immigrant of Canada. Congratulations! Welcome to Canada! + a hand shake... ha ha
But he only said: "Ok, you are all done! You are now a landed Immigrant" I thought: "is that it?", I then looked at my partner and then looked back to the IO and asked, "Can you now say "Welcome to Canada, please?"" as I was getting up, he smiled and started saying it, I immediately extended my hand to shake his hand. ha ha I just made sure it all happened the way I wanted it to be. :p
The IO was a very nice guy and he looks like the NDP leader.

There was about 40 people there, but I think only half was there to actually land.

As a celebration gift I got a food processor from my in-laws ;D and a trip to NL to spend the weekend of my birthday there w/ my partner and friends! :)

sophie100

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2010
Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
boasorte said:
Yeah, I was very surprised when they told us that we would get our passports stamped however there's no use for the stamp. We can't even use it to get the SIN card.
There was about 40 people there, but I think only half was there to actually land.
There is a use for the stamp, my neighbor told me to make sure they stamp my passport. He landed in calgary and they didn't stamp his, he's been trying to apply for Citizenship but they are now fighting his whole PR saying that he is here illegally. He told them that he has his PR card but they have denied it all and said if there is no stamp with landing date, you are not landed. He has spent a ton on $ of lawyers but he thinks he's fighting a losing battle.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I sent my CSQ and working address update today via UPS. A lot more pricy, but I think it delivers quicker anyways. How long do I have to wait now? Like..a month?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
Hey L_Y, I would love to exchange FB and emails!
Thank you for your kind words!

Regarding the IO, I waited until the last minute to ask him to say that. I was honestly just waiting him to say: You are now a Landed Immigrant of Canada. Congratulations! Welcome to Canada! + a hand shake... ha ha
But he only said: "Ok, you are all done! You are now a landed Immigrant" I thought: "is that it?", I then looked at my partner and then looked back to the IO and asked, "Can you now say "Welcome to Canada, please?"" as I was getting up, he smiled and started saying it, I immediately extended my hand to shake his hand. ha ha I just made sure it all happened the way I wanted it to be. :p
The IO was a very nice guy and he looks like the NDP leader.

As a celebration gift I got a food processor from my in-laws ;D and a trip to NL to spend the weekend of my birthday there w/ my partner and friends! :)
You're welcome. Well send me a PM and we can exchange them there. I am glad the IO had a sense of humor with it and you still got to hear what you wanted to. What part of NL are you traveling to? :)

sophie100 said:
There is a use for the stamp, my neighbor told me to make sure they stamp my passport. He landed in calgary and they didn't stamp his, he's been trying to apply for Citizenship but they are now fighting his whole PR saying that he is here illegally. He told them that he has his PR card but they have denied it all and said if there is no stamp with landing date, you are not landed. He has spent a ton on $ of lawyers but he thinks he's fighting a losing battle.
Seriously?! I never got one. :eek: :( Should I be concerned about this and if so would I be able to contact someone about it?