+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application.

Rister

Jan 30, 2011
If I have already been approved in principle (been given first stage approval) is there anyway the local CIC may still call me and my spouse in for an interview? I have been told if you receive the AIP you will not be interviewed and have been told you still might be.

Any know for 100% sure?

Thanks

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Why would you be contacted for an interview if you already passed the initial first step?
As I stated, if they had an problems they would have addressed before AIP not after. Where did you hear that still could be?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Usually, AIP means that they are satisfied that the relationship is genuine and now have to do the other stuff like back ground checks and medical checks etc.

Unless you have a secret criminal record, I doubt you will be called in for an interview.

However, CIC moves in mysterious ways, I have never heard of anyone being interviewed after AIP but that doesn't mean it is written in stone that you will not be.

Maybe seniors on here with more knowledge can comment.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rister said:
If I have already been approved in principle (been given first stage approval) is there anyway the local CIC may still call me and my spouse in for an interview? I have been told if you receive the AIP you will not be interviewed and have been told you still might be.

Any know for 100% sure?

Thanks
After AIP there is no interview. I never heard of any case where there was an interview after anybody has reached first stage of approval.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
The only way an interview would be requested is if something came up in the background checks/security interview.