Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
We sent in our family sponsorship family application in September 2016. We thought we submitted everything but 2 days ago I received an email from CIC asking for a police certificate. The thing is that we sent in the police certificate with our application package. This emails says that if we didn't submit it with the application we must send it in within the next 60 days. I'm very confused. I mean don't they reveiw the applications people send in and verify them to make sure they are complete? If do, why then are they sending random emails to people asking for documents that we have already submitted? For me it's difficult to get another police certificate. Anyone has gone through the same thing? Thanks in advance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ama25 said:
We sent in our family sponsorship family application in September 2016. We thought we submitted everything but 2 days ago I received an email from CIC asking for a police certificate. The thing is that we sent in the police certificate with our application package. This emails says that if we didn't submit it with the application we must send it in within the next 60 days. I'm very confused. I mean don't they reveiw the applications people send in and verify them to make sure they are complete? If do, why then are they sending random emails to people asking for documents that we have already submitted? For me it's difficult to get another police certificate. Anyone has gone through the same thing? Thanks in advance.
It was a mass emailing to remind those who had not submitted a PCC. You can safely disregard if you have submitted. If you are concerned, you can always contact the call centre..

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
profiler said:
It was a mass emailing to remind those who had not submitted a PCC. You can safely disregard if you have submitted. If you are concerned, you can always contact the call centre..
I knew you would respond to this :)

At times I get to see most of your responses and I'd say you do have a good sense of humor :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Survivor27 said:
I knew you would respond to this :)

At times I get to see most of your responses and I'd say you do have a good sense of humor :)
Somebody has to... and if you can't have a sense of humour about the whole process, it will eat you alive.

In this case, I wouldn't bother calling the call centre. The suggestion was for piece of mind. The OP's case had already reached AIP in December, so I am pretty sure that they've completed the criminality... That, and requesting another identity package from the FBI is apparently 14 weeks -- not 60 days...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Somebody has to... and if you can't have a sense of humour about the whole process, it will eat you alive.

In this case, I wouldn't bother calling the call centre. The suggestion was for piece of mind. The OP's case had already reached AIP in December, so I am pretty sure that they've completed the criminality... That, and requesting another identity package from the FBI is apparently 14 weeks -- not 60 days...
But remember...according to Inland processing, criminality checks are actually part of stage 2 [admissibility] which happens after AIP. Not to say that it can't sometimes be completed before AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
But remember...according to Inland processing, criminality checks are actually part of stage 2 [admissibility] which happens after AIP. Not to say that it can't sometimes be completed before AIP.
As of the communique from December 15, 2016, these are now being spawned as a separate process (same as security) to run in parallel with the case processing.

Case in point, our case went from no activity at all, to "completion" within 2 weeks. Others have gone from no activity to DM in an afternoon. This would indicate they were completed criminality...

If I am not mistaken, stage 2 they just aggregate the results from all the assessments (medical, criminality, security, and eligibility) and decide: Condition 51 (y/n), interview (y/n) and whether to admit or not... right? If so, they would already have the results from the criminality (making it a moot point to re-request another FBI identity package).

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hey guys!

Does anyone know the rules for police clearances submitted under the new application guide (2017)? I know under the old forms( before dec 2016) you had to submit one for any country lived in for 6 months or more since 18, but I hear under the new guidelines it says you only need one for where you've spent most of your life since 18? Can anyone confirm what is true?
My spouse has spent most of his life in South Africa since 18 but spent 7 months in Namibia at one point, so not sure if we need for both countries or just South Africa!

Thanks!!

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Hey guys!

Does anyone know the rules for police clearances submitted under the new application guide (2017)? I know under the old forms( before dec 2016) you had to submit one for any country lived in for 6 months or more since 18, but I hear under the new guidelines it says you only need one for where you've spent most of your life since 18? Can anyone confirm what is true?
My spouse has spent most of his life in South Africa since 18 but spent 7 months in Namibia at one point, so not sure if we need for both countries or just South Africa!

Thanks!!
Hello. Just wondering if you have sent the one from Namibia or just the one from South Africa? Thank you very much.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi there!

We applied inland. We are working to get Police certificate in Canada as I have been living here for more than 6 months while my husband who is Canadian spent his most life here. We cannot make sure which form we need to fill to get PC, can you please tell me which form?

CIC said:
  • A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Thank you in advance!