+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application IMM5406 (Additional family information)

PFC1986

Apr 29, 2015
Good morning everyone, hope everyone is doing good. I am currently in process of doing the inland application. (Wife landed in Canada in July from Serbia). I have been using the CIC website as my reference but I have a question to ask about the IMM 5406 (additional family information) page. On the form it states the principal applicant, their spouse and all depended children 18 years of age or older MUST complete their own copy of this form. Complete all names in English and native language. My question is: Since its only my wife with no kids and I don't have any either, is she the only one filling this form out or do I need to fill out the form also. It doesn't make sense why I would need to fill it out since I am a Canadian citizen, can someone clear this up for me. Thank you!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Only your wife fills it out. She must list you, her parents, and all her siblings, though.

They ask for the spouse or partner to fill it out because this is a generic form for all classes of immigrants. In other immigrant streams, both the husband and wife are immigrating, so both have to fill it out. For sponsorship purposes, only the sponsored person fills it out (and any dependent children over 18.)