+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding Transcript requirements

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had some concerns regarding getting and submitting the transcripts from Universities in India. I had written an e-mail to Canadian embassy in India asking if I can submit transcripts sealed in envelope from affiliated college ( not university), please see the reply below from the embassy

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The sealed transcripts must originate from and bear the seal of the educational institution which originally issued the transcripts. If the college, affiliated with the university, is the original issuer of the transcripts, you may submit the transcripts sealed by the college. If not, then you must obtain sealed transcripts from the university.

Universities in India are familiar with our requirements and have not, to date, refused to issue sealed transcripts. If you are unable to obtain sealed transcripts, you may submit notarized transcripts however, they will be subject to close scrutiny and the visa officer may still require sealed transcripts.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca