+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding Graduate Diploma

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
Hi,
I am a graduate from India. I am planning for a graduate diploma in Canada. But I am in dilemma to apply for graduate diploma or not. Please could you clarify with these questions.
1) Is this graduate diploma really worth after doing graduation
2) The time span for graduate diploma is 2 years. So how many years work permit would we get after completion of this program. I mean is it 3 years or just 1 year or so.
3) What are the chances of getting a visa for graduate diploma.

guruginni

Jun 19, 2012
angadi said:
Hi,
I am a graduate from India. I am planning for a graduate diploma in Canada. But I am in dilemma to apply for graduate diploma or not. Please could you clarify with these questions.
2) The time span for graduate diploma is 2 years. So how many years work permit would we get after completion of this program. I mean is it 3 years or just 1 year or so.

Hi Angadi!
I'm in a similar fix.
1) whether it is worth it or not is entirely your decision. But if you are applying for a diploma when you alredy have adegree your intent to study there becomes doubtful
2) If the time span for diploma is 2 years you get a 2 year post graduate work permit
3) I guess if you have a good academic record then chances of getting admission are pretty good but what matters is will they give you astudy permit to pursue diploma when you already have a degree.

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
My profile is
10th - 89%
+2 - 94%
And graduation - 64%

So with respect to work permit is it better to opt for graduate diploma or choose MBA so that we would get a work permit of 3 years.

guruginni

Jun 19, 2012
angadi said:
My profile is
10th - 89%
+2 - 94%
And graduation - 64%

So with respect to work permit is it better to opt for graduate diploma or choose MBA so that we would get a work permit of 3 years.

Your profile seems to be pretty good whu do you want to go for diploma instead of post graduation. Any specific reasons!!

A

AJITH87

Hi,

If you are aiming job and PR, graduate diploma from a Canadian college would suffice as a 2 year graduate diploma can give you 3 year post graduate work permit. If you work for 1 year after studies, you can apply for PR. Hopefully, you can fulfill it within 3 years time easily. If your aim is quality education and research, you can choose a university for masters degree. But admission into masters degree course is tough unless you have good grades. most of the universities have a cut off GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (75%) for admission and some demand GRE score as well. Another fact is that a masters degree can over qualify you for many jobs (info from my friends in Canada, but not always) and also it costs double as that of graduate diploma unless you get some study grants. Considering these facts you can arrive at a decision. All the best

a friend from India.

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
Ok thats good but will there be any visa issues for graduate diploma program. I mean chances of getting rejected. Actually I just want to get a basic idea on this.

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey.. i have the same profile as u.. i am a graduate diploma student in canada... just go ahead... how come u know... what is the risk or not... with out trying it... And no knowledge is waste

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
actually i have completed my bachelors in electrical and electronics engineering. now i got offer letters from canadian college and itd canada for it graduate diploma. so will that be a course mismatch and does it effect chances of getting visa.

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 :) (L6.5, R6.0, W6.5, S6.0)
Interview........
amandeep.walia91 @ gmail.com
angadi said:
actually i have completed my bachelors in electrical and electronics engineering. now i got offer letters from canadian college and itd canada for it graduate diploma. so will that be a course mismatch and does it effect chances of getting visa.
buddy, you may apply under graduate diploma after doing graduation here, but remember ,It may be a risk of rejection because you are taking same level of course , go for PG diploma course and your chances of visa will be higher ,
and one more thing ,you are not eligible do masters there because it needs 4 yrs. of bachelors from India or you have to do one year diploma there to be eligible,only b.tech students or higher qualified students from India are eligible to do masters .

take every step very carefully because you have only one chance under spp ,
Think about it , However choice is yours. My wishes with you.
Best of luck ;)

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
angadi said:
Hi,
guruginni said:
Hi Angadi!
I'm in a similar fix.
1) whether it is worth it or not is entirely your decision. But if you are applying for a diploma when you alredy have adegree your intent to study there becomes doubtful
2) If the time span for diploma is 2 years you get a 2 year post graduate work permit
3) I guess if you have a good academic record then chances of getting admission are pretty good but what matters is will they give you astudy permit to pursue diploma when you already have a degree.

For 2 years of study you will be eligible to get PGWP of 3 years.

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012
Inam89 said:
For 2 years of study you will be eligible to get PGWP of 3 years.
eligible for 3 yrs. but not sure that he will get it as 3 yrs. ,it may be of 2 yrs.depend on your credits.