+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on In-Canada Paper based TRP application

Bains86

Aug 19, 2018
How long from the time you sent in your application, did it take until your application got transferred?
My application was received by the Edomonton office in April 2023 and they start working on it same time and they tansfferered it in February 2024
Do you have any idea how long now Etobicoke will take to process it plz ?

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
My application was received by the Edomonton office in April 2023 and they start working on it same time and they tansfferered it in February 2024
Do you have any idea how long now Etobicoke will take to process it plz ?
Honestly, no one has exact timelines, but for most people here, it might take 1.5-2 years. My sister got her TRP after 3 months(Domestic Violence reasons) last year, and i applied for mine on March 8th, and i am still waiting for a response. Dont give up hope, and dont leave the country, my immigration lawyer said it was the worst thing anyone could do (because i was thinking about it), its significantly harder to ever come back.

Bains86

Aug 19, 2018
Honestly, no one has exact timelines, but for most people here, it might take 1.5-2 years. My sister got her TRP after 3 months(Domestic Violence reasons) last year, and i applied for mine on March 8th, and i am still waiting for a response. Dont give up hope, and dont leave the country, my immigration lawyer said it was the worst thing anyone could do (because i was thinking about it), its significantly harder to ever come back.
Which office working on your application

Ganesh Girish

May 2, 2024
Hello,

I applied for TRP with Study permit extension on November 20, 2023. My Study permit expired on December 15, 2023. However, I am on Implied status and completed my studies on April 2024. But still my TRP and Study permit extension hasn’t been approved yet. So, Can I apply for PGWP? If so, should I restore my status as a student, as I don’t have a valid study permit? Any idea, How long IRCC takes to process TRP applications?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I applied for TRP with Study permit extension on November 20, 2023. My Study permit expired on December 15, 2023. However, I am on Implied status and completed my studies on April 2024. But still my TRP and Study permit extension hasn’t been approved yet. So, Can I apply for PGWP? If so, should I restore my status as a student, as I don’t have a valid study permit? Any idea, How long IRCC takes to process TRP applications?
Applying for restoration doesn't make sense.

Is there a reason why you applied for a TRP? That is unusual.

I guess you can try applying for the PGWP and see what happens.

Ganesh Girish

May 2, 2024
Applying for restoration doesn't make sense.

Is there a reason why you applied for a TRP? That is unusual.

I guess you can try applying for the PGWP and see what happens.
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I came to Canada in December 2022 for doing my Masters. I lost my Passport on my way to Canada. So the Immigration Officer at the Airport issued me a TRP and a Study visa for 1 year cuz I don’t have a passport at the time of entry. My course is till April 2024. So I had to apply for an extension of my Study permit as well as TRP which are set to expired on December 2023. So I applied for an extension and remained on Implied status. Now I am done with my studies. And Im looking to apply for PGWP. So should I wait for my Study permit extension as well as TRP to get approved or Can I apply for PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I came to Canada in December 2022 for doing my Masters. I lost my Passport on my way to Canada. So the Immigration Officer at the Airport issued me a TRP and a Study visa for 1 year cuz I don’t have a passport at the time of entry. My course is till April 2024. So I had to apply for an extension of my Study permit as well as TRP which are set to expired on December 2023. So I applied for an extension and remained on Implied status. Now I am done with my studies. And Im looking to apply for PGWP. So should I wait for my Study permit extension as well as TRP to get approved or Can I apply for PGWP?
This is an extremely unique and unusual situation. I would recommend you speak with an immigration lawyer.