+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information follow up application

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi everybody
I am sponsoring my common law partner as outland, rome office.
We sent all our papers to Missisauga on December 3rd, date in which I had a notification with UPS that they receive all the documents
Since that day i am continuously checking the website https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas〈=en in order to see the status of the application by using the receipt number provided once we paid the application (the IMM5401). Today, after 15 days since we sent the application, it is still written on this page

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

* Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
* This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
* At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
o sponsored a member of the family class;
o applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
o applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
o applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
o applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
o applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
o applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
o applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

what does it means?
1. did they really receive the application?
2. should we put in the website, after the IMM5401 (the R...number) my name (the sponsor) or my partner's one (the person sponsored)
3. how long it will take before some information about his profile will be displayed?
4. Is it a good or bad sign that anything is online yet?

thank you a lot for your help

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Hi, with us, nothing showed until they actually started processing the documents, which was about a month after they received it. Between those two dates there would be nothing on the system, as they wouldn't have actually done anything with the documents yet.
The waiting game begins, but it is a game worth playing. :)

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
mirkopal said:
what does it means?
1. did they really receive the application?
2. should we put in the website, after the IMM5401 (the R...number) my name (the sponsor) or my partner's one (the person sponsored)
3. how long it will take before some information about his profile will be displayed?
4. Is it a good or bad sign that anything is online yet?
Hi,

They will update e-Cas when they open your application. They have received it just 2 weeks ago. :) In my case, it took about 3 weeks from the date they received the application.

When we checked it using the IMM 5401, we put my husband's (the sponsor) informations (surname, date of birth and place of birth).

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, Miryam is right, you will get update only the day they start with your application.
good luck!

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
As many already answered the ecas will be updated once they open your file, but I'd add a tip that worked for me, because the first time I checked I enter my client ID and in "last name" I entered "Ortiz", last name from my father side, and I didn't appeared in the system. After a couple of shots I decided to try with both my last names, from Father and mother, "Ortiz Sanhueza", et voilá! my file appeared with that beautiful "Decision Made" status ;D

Good luck and patience!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
well thank you...
I am not a latino, so I only have a family name...
my concern was if I have to put my family name (the sponsor) or the one of my partner (the sponsored)