+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about skilled worker eligibility

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am really confused about my eligibility to apply for skilled worker visa.
I wanted to apply as NOC 2172, but that occupation is not in the list of 29 occupations.

I work as a Database Administrator, therefore I have Skill Level A.

But on the CIC site, i found:

"What are the minimal requirements?

All applicants must meet the following minimal requirements to apply as a skilled worker:

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment
You must have had this experience within the last 10 years
Your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC) "

So now I'm really confused???
Anyone can help me clarify, so i can know if i'm eligible.

Thax in advance

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
You need to be on the NOC list or have an arranged job offer in addition to:

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment
You must have had this experience within the last 10 years
Your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC) "

Rod

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
agree with rod completely.....get an AEO from Canadian employer otherwise you are nt eligible

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Thanks to both for the quick reply.

So as i understand i have to have work experience in the listed 29 occupations plus i have to have skill level 0, A or B in addition.

Therefore i can't apply only with NOC that is Skill level A.

Sims strange, coz it appears that no one in the IT occupations (except IT Managers) can apply for visa.

In your humble opinion, is there a change to get by with 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management,
provided that i've worked one year as a Project Assistant, and also part time as IT consultant.

Thax

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
I don't see IT managers in the NOC occupation list. Using 1122 would represent fraud even for IT managers. However, I am sure a lot of people have tried. However I do not support this since it is really fraud by stating a different job tittle and job description than you actually perform

Just my opinion

Rod

noobmoon said:
Thanks to both for the quick reply.

So as i understand i have to have work experience in the listed 29 occupations plus i have to have skill level 0, A or B in addition.

Therefore i can't apply only with NOC that is Skill level A.

Sims strange, coz it appears that no one in the IT occupations (except IT Managers) can apply for visa.

In your humble opinion, is there a change to get by with 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management,
provided that i've worked one year as a Project Assistant, and also part time as IT consultant.

Thax

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Thnx thebeast184 for your explanations

Then i better wait for the next year, and hope the list include something connected with IT.

Best regards,

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is employment outlook for NOC 2172. Check it out arround all provinces. I don't know if this effects future NOC .. list for federal skilled worker 1 applications.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=eng&noc=2172&action=final&ln=n&regionKeyword=Toronto%2C+Ontario&s=2&source=3&titleKeyword=database+analyst#outlook