+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Influence of previous depression claim on future visa application.

lu1kaifeng

Jan 27, 2024
I applied to MSc Computer Science @ University of Northern British Columbia and was accepted. I applied for a visa, however, I came to the gradual realization that I am not ready to leave my family and move to the remote city of Prince George, I became depressed for a short period of time, decided to send a webform to withdraw my visa application, I wrote: "I received an offer from University of Northern British Columbia, and I applied for a study permit through Student Direct Stream, however, I suffered from a series of depressive episodes, and have become mentally unable to enroll, therefore, I am withdrawing my study permit application.", my webform was ignored and my application OPRed.

I was already a graduate student at my local university, I eventually decided I will apply for another MSc Degree after I graduate in 25Fall, since my local university is not that good. However, I am concerned that the framing of my webform may give the impression that I was suffering from mental illness and be deemed inadmissible in 2025 when I apply for another study permit.

Is this really an issue? My previous depressions are all purely situational and always resolves without medical intervention, but sometimes I talk to therapists.