+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligible | Possible Reasons

bengaboy

Jan 24, 2015
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen with 10+ years of IT experience. I do have an engineering degree from India + a Masters in Europe. I am married, with my wife having an MBA and Graduation degree from India. We are currently in the US.

Our IELTS scores are reasonably good with scores like (L7.0 R7.5 W8.5 S8.5) for myself and (L7.0 R7.0 W7.5 S8.5) for my wife. The test was taken 2 weeks back. So, its quite recent.

I filed the application today, submitted it but got a mail telling that I am ineligible. The reasons for which I could be ineligible could be one or more of the following -

• not having a valid language test
    language test results that are more than two years old
    a language test score that is too low
    not having enough relevant work experience
    not having the required education level
    not having enough funds
Now, from an educational, professional and english language score standpoint, I think I should be reasonably covered. The only reason of ineligibility I can think of is the fact that I haven't got my educational qualifications evaluated/assessed. I selected the 'No' option when I was prompted for the same in the online form.

Is there any other reason why my application could be marked as ineligible? What is a good figure for the amount of 'funds' you could bring along with you to Canada?

Greatbong

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
bengaboy said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen with 10+ years of IT experience. I do have an engineering degree from India + a Masters in Europe. I am married, with my wife having an MBA and Graduation degree from India. We are currently in the US.

Our IELTS scores are reasonably good with scores like (L7.0 R7.5 W8.5 S8.5) for myself and (L7.0 R7.0 W7.5 S8.5) for my wife. The test was taken 2 weeks back. So, its quite recent.

I filed the application today, submitted it but got a mail telling that I am ineligible. The reasons for which I could be ineligible could be one or more of the following -

• not having a valid language test
    language test results that are more than two years old
    a language test score that is too low
    not having enough relevant work experience
    not having the required education level
    not having enough funds
Now, from an educational, professional and english language score standpoint, I think I should be reasonably covered. The only reason of ineligibility I can think of is the fact that I haven't got my educational qualifications evaluated/assessed. I selected the 'No' option when I was prompted for the same in the online form.

Is there any other reason why my application could be marked as ineligible? What is a good figure for the amount of 'funds' you could bring along with you to Canada?

Greatbong
I think you are right, it's mandatory for FSW stream.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
BTW, here you can find info about proof of funds:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

bengaboy

Jan 24, 2015
Thanks again. Really helpful!

Can I go ahead, create a new profile and this time mark 'Yes' for the Canadian educational assessment? In parallel, I could go ahead and work with my universities to send across the transcripts to WES etc.

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Bengaboy,

I would suggest that you get your credentials assessed first before re-creating a profile and indicating "YES" because if you are selected (first draw is supposed to be any day now) and you cannot provide the supporting document that are required within the 60 days, you may face drastic consequences that are not worth the risk.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
bengaboy said:
Thanks again. Really helpful!

Can I go ahead, create a new profile and this time mark 'Yes' for the Canadian educational assessment? In parallel, I could go ahead and work with my universities to send across the transcripts to WES etc.
No system will ask about the document # and date. You also need to electronically sign and submit it. So if you lie and you recieve an imvitation in the first draw in the next few days, you'll be caught.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
chechi_298 said:
Bengaboy,

I would suggest that you get your credentials assessed first before re-creating a profile and indicating "YES" because if you are selected (first draw is supposed to be any day now) and you cannot provide the supporting document that are required within the 60 days, you may face drastic consequences that are not worth the risk.
Agreed. Also, apart from not being able to get the ECA in time, it may count as fraud since you did not indeed have a positive ECA at the time when you said yes.

Broncos

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Bengaboy,

Start the ECA process and then create EE profile once you have your eca in hand. all the very best !

bengaboy

Jan 24, 2015
Thanks folks! This is really helpful!

Any recommendations on ECA providers? I see 3 of them on the CIC website..and pretty much all of them have negative reviews on yelp. Tips and tricks?

Asking universities in India to send sealed/signed documents to these ECA providers seems to be a tall/time-consuming task.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Which part of "Ineligible" do people NOT understand?

If the system's telling you that you're ineligible, then that's exactly what it means: you're ineligible. End of discussion.

It does NOT mean go back and play around with your responses until you get the outcome you want. That's misrepresentation and it certainly won't hold up at the real stage, the paper application, when they review your documents and verify the claims you've made online.

You might as well go ahead and put Albert Einstein's qualifications in YOUR profile. You may get an invitation but it won't mean shi.t when they do the paper review of your case. It's a lot like all the rejected foreign student visa applicants. Everyone lies on their applications in order to look good, only to be refused a visa when they find out the applicant's stated qualifications are not genuine.

bengaboy

Jan 24, 2015
Hi Marcus,

Theres nothing to be really worked up. Its just a discussion board. Isn't it? :)

The reason why these posts are coming up because the reason for ineligibility doesn't show up. The notification does give 4-5 pointers, thats it. If they were a bit more clear with the exact reason why an individual was ineligible, this conversation wouldn't have happened.

Moreover, the EE application proceeds only after a preliminary check of eligibility. Thats when you get an EE conformation number. The fact that the system initially says you are eligible and then out of the blue tells that you are ineligible, without giving concrete reasons is something which is causing this confusion.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
bengaboy said:
Hi Marcus,

Theres nothing to be really worked up. Its just a discussion board. Isn't it? :)

The reason why these posts are coming up because the reason for ineligibility doesn't show up. The notification does give 4-5 pointers, thats it. If they were a bit more clear with the exact reason why an individual was ineligible, this conversation wouldn't have happened.

Moreover, the EE application proceeds only after a preliminary check of eligibility. Thats when you get an EE conformation number. The fact that the system initially says you are eligible and then out of the blue tells that you are ineligible, without giving concrete reasons is something which is causing this confusion.

I'm not worked up at all.

I'm saying that people in here are being encouraged to play around with their responses until they get the answer they want from the online system. That's not how it's meant to work. You can't give a dozen responses to the same question and have them ALL be true. There is only ONE true response for each question, and that's the one response that should be put in.

Funny how people start to look for possible errors in their responses ONLY when they don't get the outcome they want.

If the system tells them they're eligible, then they're happy to take that answer and close that chapter, even if they may still have gotten that outcome as a result of some error in their responses.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Here's another way to see why playing around with different responses isn't right.

If you were submitting a paper application, would you be able to change your responses on the forms, or change the documents you submit? No. Once you submit your application package, that's it. It's out of your hands.

If you were in front a visa officer, being interviewed for a visa, and the officer asks you a question, would you be able to give twelve different answers to the same question? Something like " umm no officer, let me change that answer, ......, come to think of it, let me change it again, ..... oh I'm sorry, that wasn't accurate either, can I change my answer again?"

Needless to say, you'd get a stare and some frowns from the officer before your application is refused for lack of truthfulness.

If it's not something you'd do with a paper application or at an in-person visa interview, don't do it with Express Entry online.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
marcus66502 said:
Here's another way to see why playing around with different responses isn't right.

If you were submitting a paper application, would you be able to change your responses on the forms, or change the documents you submit? No. Once you submit your application package, that's it. It's out of your hands.

If you were in front a visa officer, being interviewed for a visa, and the officer asks you a question, would you be able to give twelve different answers to the same question? Something like " umm no officer, let me change that answer, ......, come to think of it, let me change it again, ..... oh I'm sorry, that wasn't accurate either, can I change my answer again?"

Needless to say, you'd get a stare and some frowns from the officer before your application is refused for lack of truthfulness.

If it's not something you'd do with a paper application or at an in-person visa interview, don't do it with Express Entry online.
If you were dealing with an officer who just told you you were ineligible, after having previously told you you were eligible, then you could ask him exactly why are you suddenly ineligible. You can't do that with the online system, the only way for these people is to try different responses to work out what exactly is wrong, they aren't exactly submitting these profiles with inaccurate information, at least I'd hope they aren't!

This was how someone worked out that even though the CEC stream is stated as accepting non-continuous experience, the CRS calculator doesn't and is reporting people as ineligible when technically they should be, judging by all of the published information available from CIC.

You are obviously right about people who submit 'tweaked' profiles that aren'y 100% truthful, I do hope these people aren't doing that...