+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Students IN Canada! Let's connect here !!

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi there

I came here as an international student from Delhi, and I have collected a lot of experiences, from college, jobs, my residence and regarding future prospects.

Being an Indian girl, it was not easy for me to trust people or go places (considering the unsafe environment of India). But ultimately I grew here professionally, became more stronger and confident.

Let's connect here, and share ideas,experiences, problems and solutions.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Hi there

I came here as an international student from Delhi, and I have collected a lot of experiences, from college, jobs, my residence and regarding future prospects.

Being an Indian girl, it was not easy for me to trust people or go places (considering the unsafe environment of India). But ultimately I grew here professionally, became more stronger and confident.

Based on your knowledge, do you have a recommendation on a University for Bachelors program in Commerce or Law in Canada?

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi there

Hi any group link? Can u plz share here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
LPP replaces an articling position at a law firm because there are not enough articling positions for all the law graduates. You have to do either to take the bar. You have to go to law school before you do the lpp program and articling is preferred by most. Law and business program is a business program and not a law program. If you want to study law in Ontario U of T and York are probably the preferred program followed by Queens and Western. Trust me Ryerson does not specialize in Law.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LPP replaces an articling position at a law firm because there are not enough articling positions for all the law graduates. You have to do either to take the bar. You have to go to law school before you do the lpp program and articling is preferred by most. Law and business program is a business program and not a law program. If you want to study law in Ontario U of T and York are probably the preferred program followed by Queens and Western. Trust me Ryerson does not specialize in Law.
Yes. But Indians preferring law, (mostly) have a bachelors already.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
No, I totally believe you. You have been giving really genuine guidance. I appreciate that.

I just advised considering the fact that getting into all the universities you named is really difficult and competitive for international students.

Although thankyou for insights :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To apply to law school in Canada you have to have an undergraduate degree. Some have master's or PhD. Then you have to go to law school for 3 years. Then you have to article at a firm or do the lpp for almost a year but are given a couple months at the end to study for the bar exam. Once you take and pass the bar exam you are total a lawyer.

Many programs in Canada require a bachelor's degree before starting the program like dentistry, medicine, Law, physiotherapy, etc

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
To apply to law school in Canada you have to have an undergraduate degree. Some have master's or PhD. Then you have to go to law school for 3 years. Then you have to article at a firm or do the lpp for almost a year but are given a couple months at the end to study for the bar exam. Once you take and pass the bar exam you are total a lawyer.

Many programs in Canada require a bachelor's degree before starting the program like dentistry, medicine, Law, physiotherapy, etc
That is what I am saying, that any Indian student who will be inquiring about Law, will be having a Bachelors already.

Because without Bachelors you can't do Law in India as well.

Thats what I advised him to go for. (LLP)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are getting confused. You need to recommend a JD program which is law school. LLP is the practicle training that must be completed after you have graduated law school which is a JD program. The LLP program was created recently because there were too many law school graduates and not enough articling positions at law firms. There were many law school graduates that couldn't become lawyers because they couldn't get an articling position at a law firm. Without the articling position you can't become a lawyer or take the bar. They had to create the LLP porgram for law school graduates who didn't get hired for an articling position. I would google LLP and JD. Only a small fraction of lawyers have to take the LLP because they have done an articling positions instead.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
You are getting confused. You need to recommend a JD program which is law school. LLP is the practicle training that must be completed after you have graduated law school which is a JD program. The LLP program was created recently because there were too many law school graduates and not enough articling positions at law firms. There were many law school graduates that couldn't become lawyers because they couldn't get an articling position at a law firm. Without the articling position you can't become a lawyer or take the bar. They had to create the LLP porgram for law school graduates who didn't get hired for an articling position. I would google LLP and JD. Only a small fraction of lawyers have to take the LLP because they have done an articling positions instead.
Okay. Thankyou. I will keep that in mind.
My friend is doing Law at Ryerson, I will ask her about more about it.