+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian police clearance certificate

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
hello folks,

i got my ITA, My current work permit is going to expire in March 2016. I was on BLS website for my Indian Police clearance but it says your work permit/study permit should be valid atleast 6 months before apply for police clearance ::). So i am really confused, has anyone else been through the same situation ,please share your experiences,views.
Thanks.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
Naaz kaur said:
hello folks,

i got my ITA, My current work permit is going to expire in March 2016. I was on BLS website for my Indian Police clearance but it says your work permit/study permit should be valid atleast 6 months before apply for police clearance ::). So i am really confused, has anyone else been through the same situation ,please share your experiences,views.
Thanks.
Hey Naaz,

I applied PCC through BLS edm. Mine came within 2 weeks. I don't think the people at BLS care. Just do it right away. Which BLS are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

Andy

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Naaz kaur said:
hello folks,

Thanks.
Hey Naaz, I am also from India, living in Edmonton, right now on a PGWP. I have already applied as a FSW Inland. I got my PCC done from India. I mean I authorized my dad to have it done on my behalf. The Office of SP of Police released it in one day, my parents scanned it and sent it to me. Plus, getting PCC from India doesn't have conditions like BLS does. So get it done from India. Hope this helps!

ask007

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Ustaad,

Can you some more details on "Authorizing Dad to have it done". I am in same situation.

Thanks,
Sur

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
ask007 said:
Hi Ustaad,

Can you some more details on "Authorizing Dad to have it done". I am in same situation.

Thanks,
Sur
Hey thats just for the Police Station in India. Your parents can go there and ask for PCC for you, give them a photocopy of your passport. Your PCC should mention that this certificate is issued upon the request of your parents, since you live out of country.

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hii guys thanks for your help.i called bls toronto, they said if i can get approved from Consulate then they wont mind processing my application. I am little frustrated with thier rules though. :mad:

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Andy.cic said:
Hey Naaz,

I applied PCC through BLS edm. Mine came within 2 weeks. I don't think the people at BLS care. Just do it right away. Which BLS are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

Andy
i am going to Bls office located in Toronto.

xtraj

Mar 11, 2015
Guys, it's not very complicated. Just Send an email to the Consulate of India @ infosec@cgitoronto.ca
Mention your situation and tell them that you need to apply for PCC for immigration.
Usually, they'll respond in 1-2 days and you can go to BLS with that email to apply.

BLS also has an expedited method of application (generally the delivery method is rushed), I got mine in the 3rd week of application.

Good Luck to all....

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My work permit had 3 months left when i applied for Pcc from bls.
It shouldn't be a problem

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Naaz kaur said:
hello folks,

Thanks.
Don't worry and go ahead and apply for PCC...I applied last week and they accepted it even though my current WP is expiring in Jan 2016.