+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian pcc from canada but indian address has changed

Guru603

Aug 11, 2020
Hello ,

Please help on this issue,
I am in Canada on work permit
I am applying for PR and having a question related to address in PCC form

My parents have moved to new house at a different address last year.
My passport got renewed in canada and now has Canada address.

So which address should I enter in PCC form
a) Address in old passport
b) New Address where my parents have moved?

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi, did you find an answer? I have my old house address in India in my passport but my family has moved to a new address since a couple of years. Just confused what happena during the verification if no one shows up at the old address. Thanks

Guru603

Aug 11, 2020
It’s been 3 months and i still dont have my pcc from the consulate, I provided my new address. After 2 months the consulate calls me after endless emails to them to say there is an issue with the pcc, i told them that i came to Canada and after that my parents changed the house and i have not even been to india evere since I came to canada. He said ‘ohh okay I’ll tell the ministery know about that’ and that’s it. Still no PCC so i had to get the pcc directly from india under my old address which the deputy commissioner of police signed in india

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
So you put the old address where your parents stayed and which was in your old passport?

also, when you do it directly from India did police come to the old address for verification or you did it at the police station itself
Thank you

Guru603

Aug 11, 2020
So you put the old address where your parents stayed and which was in your old passport?

also, when you do it directly from India did police come to the old address for verification or you did it at the police station itself
Thank you
For the consulate I gave my new address and my passport was renewed here in canada so it says my canadian address on it. But in india i got my pcc on my old address and yes the police came and asked the neighbors if I actually lived their. From india I actually got my PCC done in 2 days. From DCP office. My parents had all the documents ready and went to the DCP’s office and he signed it.

Guru603

Aug 11, 2020
For the consulate I gave my new address and my passport was renewed here in canada so it says my canadian address on it. But in india i got my pcc on my old address and yes the police came and asked the neighbors if I actually lived their. From india I actually got my PCC done in 2 days. From DCP office. My parents had all the documents ready and went to the DCP’s office and he signed it.
In India you can get away if you directly go to the police station near your old address and that way they wont do a verification. They might require you to have a couple of neighbours saying that you actually lived their