+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi

1.) Shipped 2nd Jan and was delivered 3rd Jan

2.) status at BLS tracking says "Under Process" not sure if that means that all the documents that i sent are correct and it has been sent to the embassy for further processing

3.) I went to BLS tracking toronto since mine was sent to Brampton and i select Passport.
Hi Guys.. Mine is visible finally today after many days today and it is showing status on bls tracking website..
but it is showing application date and applicant date of birth both as today's date
Applicant Date of Birth2024-01-19

Is it normal? or any thing to worry to call them?

Reactions: SSK1993

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yesterday I received the email from BLS.. what does that mean?

<<Your PASSPORT application with airway bill no xxxxx has received at our BLS Center.
The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you >>

Does that means they accepted my application and forward it to consular?
Hi Guys.. Mine is visible finally today after many days today and it is showing status on bls tracking website..
but it is showing application date and applicant date of birth both as today's date

what does it show for you?

Reactions: SAMSAG6116

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Postal application delivered on Jan 4th to Brampton BLS status updated to "Under Process".

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Mine still says no records found.
Mine is visible finally today after many days today (after 8-9days) and it is showing status on bls tracking website..

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Mine is visible finally today after many days today (after 8-9days) and it is showing status on bls tracking website..

Nothing to worry if you have put proper date in the application. BLS dates can be ignored. Eventually it might reflect the correct date too.

Reactions: SSK1993 and desmat

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
General update: BLS Tracking shows: Processing at consulate general. So checked passport seva portal and the status there says “Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.’.
Question: Does anyone know what are the next steps and wait period once the above mentioned statuses come up?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
General update: BLS Tracking shows: Processing at consulate general. So checked passport seva portal and the status there says “Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.’.
Question: Does anyone know what are the next steps and wait period once the above mentioned statuses come up?
Passport portal should say "Surrender certificate printed". After that BLS will pick it up and deliver it to you, status of which you can see on BLS tracker.

Reactions: desmat and SSK1993

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Wow..isn't that too fast.. till day before yesterday I thought you were not able to see status and today you see it as granted also..

My status today started showing this
Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 19-01-2024.

So how many days did it take for you to change to "Under Process" from this above status?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Wow..isn't that too fast.. till day before yesterday I thought you were not able to see status and today you see it as granted also..

My status today started showing this
Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 19-01-2024.

So how many days did it take for you to change to "Under Process" from this above status?
Even I am shocked. I guess the whole delay was mainly BLS opening the parcel which it took them 2 weeks to open.
I might have missed that above mentioned status. When i checked my status on thursday it already showed under processing. Then Friday it changed to under process and sent to consulate and now its showing SC granted and waiting for issuance.

Reactions: desmat

tycoon18

Jan 8, 2014
Finally they opened the envelope. They are returning it since the fee was different Pre Jan 1 but mine reached Jan 2 so they expect to have new fees which is lower. At least they didn't lose the passports.

• Wow
Reactions: SSK1993

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Finally they opened the envelope. They are returning it since the fee was different Pre Jan 1 but mine reached Jan 2 so they expect to have new fees which is lower. At least they didn't lose the passports.
why don't you tell them to keep the change :)