+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi

I called and asked the agent about my status. He confirmed that it is now under processing. I can now also track it in the BLS toronto tracking page. Not sure if under processing means that they have confirmed all my documents are correct? Maybe under process itself means they confirming my documents are correct or not
Great. When was your shipped or delivered?

Also, did they confirm it's all accepted if it's tracking or they are still validating?

Lastly, What option are you selecting to track.. postal-> then indian passport no? Or what option.

tycoon18

Jan 8, 2014
Why did you send original canadian passport.. on checklist first page it says "canadian passport (copy)"
Yah but in the description below under canadian passport it said to send original and they will verify and return so wasn't sure so I just included it.

Reactions: desmat

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Great. When was your shipped or delivered?

Also, did they confirm it's all accepted if it's tracking or they are still validating?

Lastly, What option are you selecting to track.. postal-> then indian passport no? Or what option.
Hi

1.) Shipped 2nd Jan and was delivered 3rd Jan

2.) status at BLS tracking says "Under Process" not sure if that means that all the documents that i sent are correct and it has been sent to the embassy for further processing

3.) I went to BLS tracking toronto since mine was sent to Brampton and i select Passport.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi

2.) status at BLS tracking says "Under Process" not sure if that means that all the documents that i sent are correct and it has been sent to the embassy for further processing

3.) I went to BLS tracking toronto since mine was sent to Brampton and i select Passport.
Thanks. mine was delivered one week ago so i think i have to still wait another one week if timeline is same for everyone like yours

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Thanks. mine was delivered one week ago so i think i have to still wait another one week if timeline is same for everyone like yours
Yea I guess give 2-3 weeks total. There was a person I saw whose in the comments said that his/her file I think was opened within a week of sending his application.

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015
Yesterday I received the email from BLS.. what does that mean?

<<Your PASSPORT application with airway bill no xxxxx has received at our BLS Center.
The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you >>

Does that means they accepted my application and forward it to consular?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Yesterday I received the email from BLS.. what does that mean?

<<Your PASSPORT application with airway bill no xxxxx has received at our BLS Center.
The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you >>

Does that means they accepted my application and forward it to consular?
Now would be the time to start tracking your application at BLS tracking website and see what the status shows. Yesterday my status shows "under Process". Today it shows "Under Process, in Transit to the consulate General". I never got this email though. Maybe if it has been sent to the consulate general by BLS it might mean they did their due diligence to check the application and have now forwarded it to the the consulate.

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015
Now would be the time to start tracking your application at BLS tracking website and see what the status shows. Yesterday my status shows "under Process". Today it shows "Under Process, in Transit to the consulate General". I never got this email though. Maybe if it has been sent to the consulate general by BLS it might mean they did their due diligence to check the application and have now forwarded it to the the consulate.
Mine still says no records found.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi