+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
My status from last 2 days in "Surrender Certificate has been printed". Anyone in same boat? How many days it may take further?

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

I have a question regarding Kids address proof and signature,
a) Do we need parents signatures and finger print for minors? (5 year old)
the box provided does not seem to be sufficient for the finger print and 2 signatures.

b) For Canada passport what pages should we take the photo copies? (Just the page with photo and details?)

c) For address proof for kids, can we submit both parents driving license?

Thanks in Advance,

Reactions: desmat

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently received my Canadian passport and going to surrender Indian now. I have question regarding mentioning spouse details in the application form. I got married in Canada and never needed to update my passport to get my spouse name on it. Do I still need to mention my spouse details in application?

Thank you.

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
You can submit on their behalf. Ensure to carry every document needed and signatures on all documents
Update : I was able to submit my minor child's application but they didn't accept my wife's application saying that adults have to be present for their application(Brampton Location).

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Sorry for late reply. No, I wasn't, I was able to submit my minor child's application but they didn't accept my wife's application saying that adults have to be present for their application.(Brampton Location)
No problem. I was able to do it for my wife at Ottawa office

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently received my Canadian passport and going to surrender Indian now. I have question regarding mentioning spouse details in the application form. I got married in Canada and never needed to update my passport to get my spouse name on it. Do I still need to mention my spouse details in application?

Thank you.
Yes you should as later OCI booklet has spouse info too.

Reactions: tejaspan