+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Did I just make a mistake posting the question for you to make fun of me man and there are some other people here too asking questions and do you make fun of everyone and the point of this thread is to help people not to make fun of them
@abbas.pasha is really helpful and single handedly running and helping both surrender and OCI thread. He is known for his memes and jokes. Please don't take it to heart.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Did I just make a mistake posting the question for you to make fun of me man and there are some other people here too asking questions and do you make fun of everyone and the point of this thread is to help people not to make fun of them
Dude before posting, you should have searched... so many members have shared their ordeal with BLS. Even though BLS has not even mentioned explicitly that Canadian passport is mandatory, but they over the last few months they have added this as a requirement and here you are posting without even going through the effort of searching the information which has been mentioned countless times.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Dude before posting, you should have searched... so many members have shared their ordeal with BLS. Even though BLS has not even mentioned explicitly that Canadian passport is mandatory, but they over the last few months they have added this as a requirement and here you are posting without even going through the effort of searching the information which has been mentioned countless times.
I can confirm this. I was at BLS Toronto last week for a Surrender Certificate application with my Canadian passport and my application was accepted. Another person in line with me didn’t have their Canadian passport and they were denied.

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
I have got the oath ceremony in a week and I have plans to travel to india in few months. Has anyone visited india through E-visa. and how much time it takes ?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
My brother went to bls toronto today for surrender application but they denied since he didn't have canada passport. He had brought declaration and receipt of Canada passport application but still they denied. Please let me know if you guys can provide any suggestions. Is Brampton location better?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have got the oath ceremony in a week and I have plans to travel to india in few months. Has anyone visited india through E-visa. and how much time it takes ?
Bhai Canadian passport to ban waalo eVisa aaply karne se pehle ;)

You dont need surrender of citizenship/cancellation of Indian passport to apply for eVisa. Usually applicants who apply for eVisa usually get the visa approval by within a day or 2

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My brother went to bls toronto today for surrender application but they denied since he didn't have canada passport. He had brought declaration and receipt of Canada passport application but still they denied. Please let me know if you guys can provide any suggestions. Is Brampton location better?
Nop... without Canadian passport BLS Brampton or Toronto will not accept surrender applications

Last edited:

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I sent my application via mail and it was delivered 0n Jul6th. When I check my application on passportgov.in, I do not see any update. Is there a timeline to understand that the application has actually been sent to Indian consulate and they have received it?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I sent my application via mail and it was delivered 0n Jul6th. When I check my application on passportgov.in, I do not see any update. Is there a timeline to understand that the application has actually been sent to Indian consulate and they have received it?
don't u need to track it on BLS first and on India govt website later(when it says sent to HCI)?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I did and it shows an older application of last year when I searched using passport services.
where did you check which shows last year's app? you should check first on BLS website IMO.

on passport site, when you filled your application form, it generates an entry and I was able to track using the "application status"