+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the date/studio stamp on the back of the photo. But since it was pasted, I don't think they have checked it. My recent Canadian passport had same photo. I carried additional copies of form as well considering the past experiences of forumers here.
Hi,

Did you click the photos outside or in BLS ? if outside then did they made any issues with outside photos ? Please confirm.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Went to the Toronto BLS this morning for passport surrender. Waited for about two hours in the cold outside and didn't get a chance to get in. Here's something to know so you don't have to wait in queue like I did: if you are visiting this location, go with an appointment. And if you just cannot book one, stand in queue well before the 8am opening so that you are among the first five or seven walk-in's they do allow in. And to book an appointment for everything except OCI: select any option in the appointment booking drop-down list and you may see more slots available. But for an OCI appointment, you must select OCI in the drop-down list else you will be asked to join the queue outside.
Went to BLS Toronto and here is the sequence of events: first, the great revelation: the appointment time only gets you inside the facility. How much time it actually takes for you to get to the counter depends on the crowd inside. I waited for 2.5 hrs but this time, was seated inside. The actual work was not more than 10 mins, athough they did slap me with a $5 passport cover and asked me to pay up. I didn't resist. As they say, choose your fights wisely.

Only the passports were verified. Photo was stuck to the form with no issues. No additional photo was required.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My family situation is such that it's next to impossible to get all 4 members to spend hours driving to n waiting in BLS. So I have to take outside photos. This is so unfortunate that we all are feeling scared even when we're doing something so ordinary. Cos we know that we all could call prey to their money making schemes.
What is the address proof which we can provide for kids ?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Passport Fee: 119
ICWF Charge: 3
BLS Service Fee: 6.55
Courier Fee: 26.55
HST/GST : 4.3
Debit Card Fee: 0.70
Total: 160.10

They charge me total 181.10, so I think 21$ they charge for photo.
I got charged 187$ even though the two receipts she gave me totalled to 181$. Didn’t check and only realized after reaching home. On the brighter side pretty much hassle free and got done within 40 mins. So I’ll call it a win even though they are such robbers. Thanks for the info !

Reactions: yaml

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone, planning to submit my surrender application by mail, I had a question re: the copy of the Canadian passport - only the photo/bio page is required, correct? Not the address section which is on the next page?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, planning to submit my surrender application by mail, I had a question re: the copy of the Canadian passport - only the photo/bio page is required, correct? Not the address section which is on the next page?
Only the photo/bio page of the Canadian passport is required

Reactions: antman88

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Can you go and submit the passport surrender application for yourself and on your wife's behalf too during walk-ins.