+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renewed only for 2 years

Rocky3604

Jun 29, 2018
I am currently residing in Canada with a work permit. I got my Indian passport renewed few weeks back and I got only renewed it for 2 years instead of 10 years. Does anyone know the reason for this ? I tried contacting the Indian Consulate and no one seems to be responding to this? Has anyone experienced the same? What is the reason for this? I am about to have my work visa expired in Oct. Any info regarding this could be helpful. Thanks in advance.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
its defiantly by mistake, when we pickup passport in person they always say to check details, an if anything get wrong they update it. try to contact BLS early by 9 am, they will pick the call. and explain the situation

Rocky3604

Jun 29, 2018
Its been 3 weeks now and I even tried contacting the BLS. But they say as that they are just passport delivery guys and it doesn't come under them and told me to contact the consulate, which I already did and no one has responded

ravinara

Sep 21, 2015
I got my Daughter's passport renewed only for 2 years from Canada Mississauga location. Is this common or was there any mistake from my side? I thought the password will be renewed for 10 years or at least 5 years. Please advise.