+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal CGI vancouver

bsr

Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I am an Indian Citizen and on study permit. I have applied for passport renewal of my daughter to VFS Vancouver. Today I received a letter from CGI-Vancouver stating that:

"It is observed that your above-mentioned passport contains Canadian visa issued by the Canadian Consulate located at Buffalo. However, there is no American Visa in the passport. Under the provisions contained in the Govt. of India Passport Act .. sending of Indian Passports out of a country is violation of the act".

She never been to USA and they are talking about our Canadian visa extension last year where I sent my documents to Fort erie, Ontario.

Any suggestions? What should I do and how should I proceed? I am sending my Canada post receipt showing I sent my passport to For erie not to USA. Please advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Show them the receipt and explain to them it's beyond your control that CIC took it to USA for visa issuance. What else you can do?

sharad2209

Feb 1, 2013
Hi Bsr

Have you got your issue resolved

I also received similar letter from CGI for the passport of my son. I have responded to thier query both by e-mail,canada post and fax, but I haven't received reply to any of them. No one pick up the phone at Vancouver. VFS has alreday expressed its inability to help on this. This is so frustating. It has been almost three month since I submitted the application.