+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Citizen problems

mahaan98

Aug 1, 2022
Hi, I am Indian citizen living in the USA with approved H1B, H1B stamping and i485 pending with EAD card and expired advance parole. I quit my job with H1B employer and used EAD card to join a new company. So far so good.

Now I am eligible to get Canadian Citizenship in January 2024 after the oath ceremony and get Canada passport. I have to travel to Canada to get the citizenship. How do I enter the USA with Canada passport?

Can I use the Canadian passport and 797 to get new i94? But I no longer work for the h1b employer, not sure if h1b is revoked, it shows active online still.

I got my ead and AP being a indian citizen. Any experts that can help? My AP is expired

justinline

May 19, 2009
If you moved to another employer on EAD, the H1b is already done with, whether the employer has informed the USCIS or whether the USCIS website shows still active, does that matter?

I think you have two options, get back on H1b or apply for AP. Talk to lawyer regarding the option to go back to old employer with un revoked H1b, there is grey area. Some lawyers will insist on new filling, some will say no need, I think there should be a new filling, chances are slim.
Because consequences are severe, any loose ends, with no way to get back to US, AP expired, you may end up abandoning AOS.