+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India visitor visa on RTD

Jahangir.Alam

Nov 11, 2023
Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well. I was doing some research on Indian visitor visa on Canadian Refugee Travel document. The only problem is wherever I researched it says the visa I will get is for one month only. Now I have two questions. Number 1 is if I can still apply for evisa with Canadian rtd and pr card and number 2 is if I can get visa with more validity like 3 months? If anyone went through the same situation and could help me . It will be much appreciated

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well. I was doing some research on Indian visitor visa on Canadian Refugee Travel document. The only problem is wherever I researched it says the visa I will get is for one month only. Now I have two questions. Number 1 is if I can still apply for evisa with Canadian rtd and pr card and number 2 is if I can get visa with more validity like 3 months? If anyone went through the same situation and could help me . It will be much appreciated
hi there, i got my indian visa on my rtd last year.

@skyisthelimitbd is right they will only issue a 1 month visa for all Canadian RTD holders no matter what length of time you apply for.

Also you have to submit it in person, when i did it last year (tourist visa) BLS made me go to the open house at the indian embassy who checked all my paperwork and signed off on my application- then only BLS accepted my application.

& you may already know this but the indian embassy rn are only issuing entry, medical conference and business visas right now. not tourist visas.

good luck!

Jahangir.Alam

Nov 11, 2023

@skyisthelimitbd is right they will only issue a 1 month visa for all Canadian RTD holders no matter what length of time you apply for.

Also you have to submit it in person, when i did it last year (tourist visa) BLS made me go to the open house at the indian embassy who checked all my paperwork and signed off on my application- then only BLS accepted my application.

& you may already know this but the indian embassy rn are only issuing entry, medical conference and business visas right now. not tourist visas.

good luck!
In terms of an extension for how long do they allow us to extend?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In terms of an extension for how long do they allow us to extend?
Would not count on being able to get any extension. You will also likely have to show your return ticket which should comply with the 1 month stay to either board the plane and/or enter India.

Jimmy19

Jan 12, 2024
Hi everyone ,
Does India issue a visa and accept refugee travel document? There is no information on website and also one of their question in their application is have you sought asylum in any country ? I’m not sure if we put yes they will reject the visa ? Any thought or idea ?

Jimmy19

Jan 12, 2024

good luck!
There is a question in their application , have you sought asylum in any country ? Do you remember if you said yes because I Kinda feel if you say yes they will automatically reject you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone ,
Does India issue a visa and accept refugee travel document? There is no information on website and also one of their question in their application is have you sought asylum in any country ? I’m not sure if we put yes they will reject the visa ? Any thought or idea ?
It is always hot to the country and your application whether your visa gets accepted. If you can prove that you are working in Canada, have some savings, have a home in Canada’s (rental or owned), etc. that will increase chances of approval.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
There is a question in their application , have you sought asylum in any country ? Do you remember if you said yes because I Kinda feel if you say yes they will automatically reject you
Hi everyone ,
Yes they accept the Canadian Refugee Travel Document, but they will only issue a 1 month visa as mentioned previously in this thread.
I said yes to the asylum question as I am applying with my refugee travel document. I answered all the questions fully including previous visa info and my national passport info.

Raheem1984

Apr 7, 2024
Hi guys,
Please help me guys anyone recently received Indian tourist visa for RTD, coz I applied for visa September 18, 2023 but still I dint get visa I want to see my family in India almost 6 years but they dint give me visa yet for my RTD pls anyone help me how to get the india visa for RTD. Really appreciate your help. Bless you all

Raheem1984

Apr 7, 2024
Yes they accept the Canadian Refugee Travel Document, but they will only issue a 1 month visa as mentioned previously in this thread.
I said yes to the asylum question as I am applying with my refugee travel document. I answered all the questions fully including previous visa info and my national passport info.
Hi,
Did you for apply for which visa type and when get the visa recently I meant after 23-10-2023 ,
Please reply me really appreciate coz I applied tourist visa on September 18, 2023 but still I dint get visa .

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi,
Did you for apply for which visa type and when get the visa recently I meant after 23-10-2023 ,
Please reply me really appreciate coz I applied tourist visa on September 18, 2023 but still I dint get visa .
i applied for and got a tourist visa in 2022, i dont know about any other visa for india.
so where is your rtd? with bls?
they stopped giving tourist visas end of last year and have not restarted for RTD holders yet.