+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC Wording

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
I am an Indian national and have been residing in Europe for the past four years.
The country where I reside does not have an Indian embassy. I would need to visit a neighboring country to request the PCC from the Indian Embassy there, if doing it out of India.

To prevent that, I requested my parents to request a PCC locally in Bangalore on my behalf with a declaration I gave stating my request for immigration to Canada. I received the PCC yesterday and it doesnt seem well worded.

Could somebody please confirm if it will be valid? and if they have had similar clearance wording as I have indicated below and been accepted?

" Home Department Karnataka Government Secretariat
(Passport and Foreigners) Vidhan Sauda, Bengaluru

Police Clearance Certificate

There are no adverse information in respect of Mr. XYZ, Indian national holder of passport no. XYZ during the period of his stay at XYZ (my address in Bangalore) from 5th to 20th March 2017 (my last visit to India) in the limits of XYZ Police Station (Name of police station branch), Bengaluru City, Bengaluru.

Home Department
Name and Signature
"
Looking forward to your feedback!

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
This is normal! Only difference if you had applied via embassy would be the lack of police station details. Tension beda guru!

Reactions: seemefree

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You need to get the PCC from passport seva Kendra. That will cover the whole of India rather than a specific police station limit.

I would advise you not to use this PCC.

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Though the CIC website says to get PCC from local/District police station for residents of India (except Punjab and Delhi), many in this forum have suggested otherwise.
I have a friend who resided in a single address in India and got PCC from his local police station and it was not an issue for his PR application. However, I have to agree with ajithj on this as, I personally would be more comfortable if my PCC was not limited to a particular station.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
You need to get the PCC from passport seva Kendra. That will cover the whole of India rather than a specific police station limit.

I would advise you not to use this PCC.
Thanks guys for the responses! Unfortunately, the PSK doesnt accept somebody collecting the PCC from them on my behalf (with a power of attorney). Pretty senseless in my opinion since the commissioners office accepts collection of the PCC with a power of attorney.

Do you know of the possibility of getting it from the PSK remotely? Looking forward to responses on this.

Travelling to a neighbouring country here (Poland) just for 1 document would be such a generous waste of resources.

Thank you both for your feedback again!

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My recommendation would be to go to Poland.

Technically speaking, you should follow instructions for people living overseas as you never know what's in officer mind and he rejects you for giving PCC from India

take care

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
My recommendation would be to go to Poland.

Technically speaking, you should follow instructions for people living overseas as you never know what's in officer mind and he rejects you for giving PCC from India

take care
I hear you! Actually, that is what I will end up doing....

Thanks for the feedback so far.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Getting the PCC from Poland is your best option.