+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
Same for me .postal application .processing at Consulate General since April 4. How are you tracking at passport seva website? Is the file number ARN? Cos I am getting the message no ARN application exists in system
Go to this website. Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates (passportindia.gov.in). Open this site on a PC. There is a track status option on the right side and use your ARN and DOB. Use the ARN as written in the form. e.g. (12-1234567890)

ajaysrajput

Apr 17, 2023
My status was
Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
I then also got the email from passport seva with the CAT number. Then my dad visited the local police station and submitted all the documents.

Since then my status on passport website is stuck on PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

Anyone knows why this happened?

VirajN

Apr 17, 2023
My timeline so far
Applied PCC - March 8th
Police verification - March 20th
Police verification is clear - April 7th
PCC has been printed - April 14th

now waiting for an update. Is there anyone who applied around my time? I thought I will get an update in the BLS tracking as soon as the PCC is printed. But it has been 4 days and still no update.

juzer50

Apr 18, 2023
Here is my timeline:
21 Jan - PCC form filled on Passport Seva portal
26 Jan - Purolator document pick-up
30 Jan - Documents received by BLS
3 Feb - Tracking info visible on BLS website. Application sent to consulate.
11 Feb - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

At this point, application was sitting there at SP office in India without me knowing. Waited for 7-8 days but nobody contacted my family from the police station.

22 Feb - First follow up to the local police station. They said no application received at their end with those CAT numbers.
23 Feb - Raised a Sampark request to Toronto consulate. They responded the same day that application is sitting at SP office. Please contact them.
24 Feb - Sent family member to the SP office, and after a lot of hassle they forwarded the request to local police station.

27 Feb - PCC done at India Police station
28 Feb - PCC Verification report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.
1 Mar - PCC has peen printed.
2 Mar - In Transit from Consulate to BLS
2 Mar - BLS shipped the document to my address via Purolator
3 Mar - Purolator halted their service for the day due to our infamous "Snow Storms" :D
4 & 5 Mar - Sunny days but Purolator doesn't deliver on weekends even if it is express delivery and we are made to pay CAD100! Anyways, that's the rant for another day.
6 Mar - PCC finally delivered. Received it with watery eyes. What a mess to get a simple letter with one line on it!

Lessons learnt:
  • Indian Police department is still inefficient as ever. So don't wait more than two days after you receive initiation email before sending someone to the local police station.
  • Raise a Sampark request to ask about unusual delays if you are in Toronto jurisdiction. They are pretty responsive and usually responds the same day. No complaints on their end.
  • Don't wait for ITA to do PCC. If you think you have enough points to need PCC in next 6 months, act proactively and get your PCC done when you still have time.
Keep working diligently and everything will fall in place. Good luck with your PR process.
Hi Rajat,

The BLS Website doesn't mention the charges for the postal delivery and pickup . So how much did it cost in total ? And what's the form of payment for postal applications ?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Are there any new applications made in March/April where you are stuck on "pcc application is under review at indian embassy/consulate" even though the local police station has received the file and have done clearance ?

My spouse's timeline

March 18th - Applied for PCC through BLS Ottawa
March 22nd - Police verification mail received/CA Number generated
March 26th - "Pcc application is under review at indian embassy/consulate" on Embassy site
March 28th - Call from Police station
April 12th - Documents submitted to local police station by family friend (my spouse/myself are in Canada, and no other family member)
April 20th - Still waiting - No change in status (pcc application is under review continues)...

Anyone in similar situation ?

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Here is my timeline for Indian PCC for PR application (CEC-EE) via in-person appointment submission at BLS Brampton using appointment service:

30th March, 2023 - PCC Form filled on Passport Seva website

31st March, 2023 - Application submitted in-person at BLS Brampton (quite lucky to get appointment at BLS Brampton the next day)
Note: The walk-in and appointment (in-person) application submissions will be processed immediately but postal applications will take a week from the date of receipt to initiate processing at BLS (as informed by BLS rep).

1st April, 2023 - BLS Website: In transit from BLS to Consulate General

3rd April, 2023 - Application along with the fee is received at Embassy and the same in under processing- Passport Seva website but at BLS: Processing at Consulate General

06th April, 2023- Application under review at Embassy/Consulate.

07th April 2023 - at 7.00 p.m. EST: Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate, but at BLS website: Processing at Consulate General

09th April 2023- at 11.00 am IST: Same online status but the PCC verification was done at local police station (my Father was asked to visit the local police station via call with all requested documents
13th April 2023- PCC report is clear and available for issuance-passport website

18th April 2023- Sent email to toronto@mea… asking for update but no response

20th April 2023-Raised a query in Sampark portal mentioning the slow progress and asking to issue it asap

21st April 2023 - Status at passsport seva website updated to “PCC has been printed”

waiting for further update!

hiteshgrover

May 14, 2018
My PCC Timeline -

25 March 2023 - PCC Applied at BLS Toronto
March 26 - Application received at embassy, Processing there
March 29 - Application under review at embassy/consulate. CAT File no. generated
Apr 4 - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 6 - Received police verification initiation e-mail from passport.admin
Apr 7 - Police visited address to verify
Apr 12 - Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance.
Apr 18 - Police Clearance Certificate has been printed
Apr 20 - BLS SMS received that its shipped with Purolator. Checked Status on passport seva it was “PCC has been printed” and in BLS it was “Ready for dispatch”
Apr 21 - PCC received

Some suggestions -
  1. Make sure address in Application Form matches word to word with address in Passport
  2. Make sure to add country code while providing cell number in Application Form
  3. If you are in a hurry then contact SP office as soon as you reach the status "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent". Then contact the local police station and once they visit "request" :p them to send it back to SP office asap.
In any case nearly all of the PCC applications are getting received in about 4-6 weeks these days so cheers guys :)

Reactions: vignesh93